Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: If Oswald Was The Assassin, Did He Plan His Escape From The TSBD Very Well?  (Read 14668 times)

Online Thomas Graves

1963 was a very difficult year for Oswald. He couldnít get and hold a job. Marina didnít want him any longer. He bought weapons. He attempted to kill Walker. The Navy refused his request to over turn his undesirable discharge. He was living alone in a boarding house. His leaving $ and his wedding ring at Marinaís home was what investigators call ďconsciousness of guiltĒ; his behavior before and after the crime itself. Oswald had failed at virtually everything he attempted in 1963. At 24 years old, he had little left. He wanted to make an impact....some how, some way. Those who knew Oswald claim he liked JFK on a personal level. Iím not disputing that. Yet, he believed the American government was a blight on the working class and its Cuban policy archaic. Personally, I donít believe Oswald was shooting at JFK as an individual. He shot the POTUS and all that position represented to the world.

Works for me, especially if you were to add the bit about his getting turned onto Marxism as a young lad by a "Justice For The Rosenbergs!" pamphlet he was given by an elderly woman on a NYC sidewalk.

--  MWT  ;)

Offline Bill Chapman

How do you know he didn't plan it out as best he could?

His escape from the building, that is?

--  MWT  ;)

I can't see why he would need an elaborate plan. I think he expected to get caught. Resigned to his fate, he'd be pretty calm. And there's always a chance: Ditch the rifle, be cool, and let those he might encounter play their hand first.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:55:21 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Paul May

Tom, since 1964, historians, so called citizen investigators et all have torn apart each and every minuscule moment of the assassination EXCEPT who was Lee Harvey Oswald and what did he represent....in his own mind. History is littered with examples of Oswalds well before 1963. Yet, Oswald, as a human being, as a tormented soul is ignored by many conspiracy types who demand answers to questions 57 years after the assassination which theyíll never get. Simply read many of the threads on this forum. Shooting trajectories, SBT, the Texas theatre, Oswald in Russia, screwed up autopsy and the list goes on and on. CIA is often the most likely culprit per most CTís. Yet, nothing about Oswald indicates CIA involvement. In fact, was Oswald part of a nefarious CIA plot, then CIA was totally negligent. Oswald was seen the night of November 20th in a wash-o-rama doing his laundry. Seriously? Would CIA allow their assassin to be out in public 36 hours or so before the shooting where he could divulge the plan to any individual at all? Wouldnít CIA have him in a safe house under guard? The point being, we will NEVER know any more about the event than we know today. Yet, the very same arguments rage today as they did 50+ years ago. Bizarre. Iíve spoken at venues nationally about the assassination throughout the years. The question Iím most frequently asked is: was JFK killed in a conspiracy? My response is no different today than 40-50 years ago. Iím 95% certain Oswald shot JFK all by himself. That being said, there may have been a conspiracy but I canít prove that nor can anybody else. Ever. History has spoken.

Offline Louis Earl

I AM ASSUMING LHO FIRED SHOTS FROM THE 6TH FLOOR S/E WINDOW:
Regardless of the route he took or his state of mind you have to admit that he got downstairs pretty darned fast.  After the meeting with Baker and Truly, he exited the building with only 1 more person having a recollection of seeing him.  Pretty clear he didn't exit through the front door and that shows some reasoning on his part.  I believe he could have spent some time planning his escape and he could hardly have improved over what he did. 

Online Paul May

I AM ASSUMING LHO FIRED SHOTS FROM THE 6TH FLOOR S/E WINDOW:
Regardless of the route he took or his state of mind you have to admit that he got downstairs pretty darned fast.  After the meeting with Baker and Truly, he exited the building with only 1 more person having a recollection of seeing him.  Pretty clear he didn't exit through the front door and that shows some reasoning on his part.  I believe he could have spent some time planning his escape and he could hardly have improved over what he did.

All likely and possible. My belief, and itís only a belief is Oswald expected to die that day. He made peace with Marina that morning and the $ and ring left with Marina was his goodbye.

Online Thomas Graves

Tom, since 1964, historians, so called citizen investigators et all have torn apart each and every minuscule moment of the assassination EXCEPT who was Lee Harvey Oswald and what did he represent....in his own mind. History is littered with examples of Oswalds well before 1963. Yet, Oswald, as a human being, as a tormented soul is ignored by many conspiracy types who demand answers to questions 57 years after the assassination which theyíll never get. Simply read many of the threads on this forum. Shooting trajectories, SBT, the Texas theatre, Oswald in Russia, screwed up autopsy and the list goes on and on. CIA is often the most likely culprit per most CTís. Yet, nothing about Oswald indicates CIA involvement. In fact, was Oswald part of a nefarious CIA plot, then CIA was totally negligent. Oswald was seen the night of November 20th in a wash-o-rama doing his laundry. Seriously? Would CIA allow their assassin to be out in public 36 hours or so before the shooting where he could divulge the plan to any individual at all? Wouldnít CIA have him in a safe house under guard? The point being, we will NEVER know any more about the event than we know today. Yet, the very same arguments rage today as they did 50+ years ago. Bizarre. Iíve spoken at venues nationally about the assassination throughout the years. The question Iím most frequently asked is: was JFK killed in a conspiracy? My response is no different today than 40-50 years ago. Iím 95% certain Oswald shot JFK all by himself. That being said, there may have been a conspiracy but I canít prove that nor can anybody else. Ever. History has spoken.

Paul,

You're preaching to the choir, dude.

BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!

--  MWT  ;)

Online Paul May

Paul,

You're preaching to the choir, dude.

BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!

--  MWT  ;)

Not preaching Tom. Explaining a position in response to subject thread.

Online Thomas Graves

Not preaching Tom. Explaining a position in response to subject thread.

But, as luck would have it, in reply to my post?

--  MWT ;)

(Please don't dissemble, shirk, dodge and/or temporize like Trump and Barr, et al.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:43:37 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Paul May

But, as luck would have it, in reply to my post?

--  MWT ;)

(Please don't dissemble, shirk, dodge and/or temporize like Trump and Barr, et al.)

Yes.

Online Charles Collins

Seems to me he did, especially if he bought the Coke beforehand in order to use it as a prop all the way, if necessary.

Carrying the already-opened Coke, get to the Second Floor Lunch Room and hang out there, expecting to be encountered ("No, I didn't hear any shots," or "I work here"), when they leave, walk through Mrs. Reid's office to its front door and exit through it, walk down the wooden steps to the front floor, maybe hang out in the "lobby" for a few seconds, then walk to the rear of the building and exit it through the loading dock door.

Instead of looking suspicious by immediately walking or running away from the building, walk along the side of the building towards the front (as alleged by B. W. F.), cross over to the other side of the street, ... and, well, "take it from there".

--  MWT  ;)

LHO tried to blend in with others as best he could. But I don't believe that he had a well-planned escape figured out very much ahead of time. It might be coincidence, but then again perhaps not, that he fired three shots (he was reportedly fascinated with the number three) and then had one shot left in the rifle to potentially shoot anyone who tried to stop him while he was still on the sixth floor. He was smart enough to ditch the rifle when he did so he wouldn't become an obvious target for armed law enforcement officers (who were plentiful all around the TSBD). We have the reports of witnesses who testified that they saw LHO leaving the TSBD and on the bus, cab, rooming house, Tippit murder  scene, leaving the Tippit murder scene, shoe store entrance, and the Texas Theater. Tippit most likely noticed something about LHO that drew his attention to him. I think that it could have simply been a hurried pace, or maybe even that LHO saw the cab parked on the corner of Patton and 10th and raised his hand in an attempt to hail a cab. If he did, and Tippit mistakenly thought LHO was trying to get his attention, that might also explain why Tippit pulled over to the curb. I don't see any obvious escape plan in his reported behavior after the JFK shooting. Going to his room, apparently to get the pistol, is the only act that appears to me might have been planned ahead of time. And even that act wouldn't have been necessary if he had truly well-planned an escape far enough ahead of time. So to answer your question, no I do not believe that he planned an escape very well at all.

Mobile View