Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's grand plan  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Oswald's grand plan
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 05:54:34 AM »
Advertisement
Graves unhinged.

Get help.

Bye.

Poor Otto.

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 05:54:34 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2020, 02:32:15 PM »
  A few questions on the plans for LHO if he intended to kill JFK on 11/22/63. I assume these issues have been covered here before, but I'm only a sporadic visitor here...

1) Why would he order a rifle using an assumed name when he could have gone to almost any Dallas gun clinic without having to produce ID?
2) Why on earth would any assassin choose such an archaic and inaccurate WW II era weapon to kill the world's most powerful person?
3) What happened to the 7.65 Mauser found in the depository? Wouldn't that be the weapon a real assassin would opt for?

1)  He risked being remembered by a gun clerk if he buys the rifle in person shortly before someone tries to shoot Walker in Dallas.  If he had done so, CTers would be on here asking why he didn't just order a rifle by mail using an alias etc.  Also, it's important to keep in mind that at the time he ordered his rifle, he was not contemplating a situation like the one on 11.22.  He intended to use it to kill Walker but he would not leave it at the crime scene to be discovered.  Using an alias provides some cover for his identity.  And Oswald likely had no clue what, if any, records were retained by Klein's of his purchase.  Murder entails risk.  Oswald was willing to take that risk.  Even if you don't accept any of those explanations and think it was stupid to order the rifle via mail, criminals often do dumb things that result in their arrest.  What is being suggested by your question is that the evidence of Oswald's guilt is so overwhelming that we must conclude he is innocent.

2)  There is no evidence that Oswald's rifle was incapable of the task.  It was a lethal weapon.  If Oswald had purchased a more expensive rifle, then CTers would be on here questioning where he got the money to purchase it etc.  But if you are entertaining the outlandish possibility that Oswald was framed for the crime as evidence by the poor performance of the rifle, then why would your fantasy conspirators put such a rifle in his possession when they were free to connect him to any model that they wanted?

3)  This question contains a false premise.  No such rifle was found.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 04:53:47 AM »
1)  He risked being remembered by a gun clerk if he buys the rifle in person shortly before someone tries to shoot Walker in Dallas.  If he had done so, CTers would be on here asking why he didn't just order a rifle by mail using an alias etc.

If Oswald had purchased a more expensive rifle, then CTers would be on here questioning where he got the money to purchase it etc.

Strawman “Smith” rides again.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2020, 04:53:47 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2020, 06:10:40 PM »
Using an alias provides some cover for his identity.

Oswald was a reasonably intelligent person.

But made sure the order was shipped to his own P.O. box!

Good job, Richard!

Wow. It's a bit hard to receive something by mail without providing an address.   Take it up with Oswald, though.  He is the one who did it and left the trail evidence.  What you are suggesting basically is that the evidence against him is so strong that we can only conclude he is innocent.  How about demonstrating to us, for example, that Oswald knew Klein's retained records of his order and could trace this transaction months later to his PO Box.  Keep in mind this was in 1963.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 01:13:57 AM »
Dear Mr. May: It's fine to disagree with my opinions, but you don't provide any evidence to the contrary. Please tell us how I'm wrong about the Zapruder film. Are you seriously going to foment the most unscientific horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns about a "jet effect" or "neuromuscular reaction?" You can call me stupid, but that doesn't make it so. I asked you several questions after you arrogantly and repeatedly harassed me to show my evidence. Once I did so, you just threw a temper tantrum and started trying to impugn my character. If that makes you feel better, go for it. But I've destroyed your impossible arguments on multiple occasions, which is the reason for your outsized animosity toward me. God bless...

Dear James,

JFK's relatively slow (compared to the speed of the hypothetical bullet-from-the-front you CTers like to posit) but catastrophic backward neuromuscular reaction while sitting and wearing a tight back-brace (hint: our back muscles are stronger that our stomach muscles) is bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns?

Newton's Third Law (hint: The bullet that penetrated the back of JFK's skull, fragmented into four large pieces and created a palm-sized exit hole in the top right part of his skull created a tremendous pressure inside his skull, which pressure forced the partially liquified right half of his brain through that palm-sized hole, and, not unlike exhaust leaving a jet engine, forced his head "back, and to the left") ... is bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns?

It's really too bad that those two effects combined during the assassination of JFK to create a Giraldo Rivera-worthy shocking graphic that so easily fools gullible CTers into believing the Zapruder film shows "indisputable evidence of a head shot from the front".

Wherever that is.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 01:38:56 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2020, 01:13:57 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2020, 03:16:26 PM »
Really?

He's dead.

No supporting evidence for that claim.

I suggested no such thing.

Any reasonable intelligent person (which immediately excludes you) would expect Klein's to retain records for some time in case of customer complains, like not receiving what was ordered.

which means?

Oswald would not have known what type of records that Klein's retained for this transaction or how long they would have retained them.  In addition, that consideration would not have mattered a great deal to him at the time he ordered his rifle because he did not anticipate leaving it at a crime scene to be found and traced back to him.  The circumstance presented on 11.22 were not known to him at the time he ordered the rifle.  Rather, he anticipated using it to kill Walker and then hiding it to avoid discovery.  Which is exactly what he did.  And it worked.   

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:02 PM »
There is no supporting evidence for Oswald's shooting at Walker (except for Marina -- LOL)

Dear Otto,

And why would Marina say that?

Because the evil, evil, evil CIA or the evil, evil, evil FBI told her to?

LOL!

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 04:40:50 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2020, 02:23:12 AM »
  He risked being remembered by a gun clerk if he buys the rifle in person shortly before someone tries to shoot Walker in Dallas.
But he didn't risk being remembered by the postal clerk that brought the rifle [that supposedly killed JFK] to the post office counter.
Nice try.