Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's grand plan  (Read 5196 times)

Offline Jim Brunsman

Oswald's grand plan
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »
Advertisement
  A few questions on the plans for LHO if he intended to kill JFK on 11/22/63. I assume these issues have been covered here before, but I'm only a sporadic visitor here...

1) Why would he order a rifle using an assumed name when he could have gone to almost any Dallas gun clinic without having to produce ID?
2) Why on earth would any assassin choose such an archaic and inaccurate WW II era weapon to kill the world's most powerful person?
3) What happened to the 7.65 Mauser found in the depository? Wouldn't that be the weapon a real assassin would opt for?

JFK Assassination Forum

Oswald's grand plan
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Oswald's grand plan
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:18:41 PM »
  A few questions on the plans for LHO if he intended to kill JFK on 11/22/63. I assume these issues have been covered here before, but I'm only a sporadic visitor here...

1) Why would he order a rifle using an assumed name when he could have gone to almost any Dallas gun clinic without having to produce ID?
2) Why on earth would any assassin choose such an archaic and inaccurate WW II era weapon to kill the world's most powerful person?
3) What happened to the 7.65 Mauser found in the depository? Wouldn't that be the weapon a real assassin would opt for?

James,

1) Maybe because it was cheaper that way?

2) You mean to kill, at close range, Edwin Walker?

3) The Carcano looked like a mauser, even to police officers.

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Did you know that the round-nosed ammo for the Carcano was very stable-in-flight, and more accurate, generally speaking, than conventionally-shaped ammo?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 07:24:55 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »
Tommy, are you saying that "Lee Hardly" couldn't save up for a weapon that could accurately hit a target? Ordering a rifle by mail using an assumed name when he could get a gun in person without a paper trail makes no sense WHATSOEVER. I smell a set up.  Oswald apparently struggled financially, but this is not logical.

Edwin Walker is 100% irrelevant and what proof have we that Oswald fired a weapon at Walker? Are you saying LHO was an indiscriminate attempted assassin with no political motives? Why was the license plate of the car parked in front of Walker's house blacked out? Even if Oswald fired at Walker, is this necessarily proof of his capacity for political assassination? Doesn't prove squat, especially since Walker and JFK were on different ends of the political spectrum.

The Mauser had "7.65 Mauser" clearly stamped on the barrel according to the witnesses. I believe it was Boone and Roger Craig who reported this.

Then you make a claim about accuracy of ammunition? WTF? Where did you get that???

Your explanations, as always, are nonsensical and demonstrably false.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:08:23 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 11:45:59 PM »

1) At the time, LHO was working in photography and he apparently fabricated a fake ID card using the photographic techniques that he was learning, and the facilities of his employer.  Subsequently,  I believe that he was probably itching to use his new fake identification.  And ordering the guns using his conjured up name would have given him an opportunity to present the fake card if and when he was asked for an ID.  I don’t think that he really thought the traceability issue through thoroughly.  (He really wasn’t as smart as he thought he was.)  Also, I don’t think that he was planning the JFK assassination at that point in time.

2) He was frugal.  Tests indicated that the rifle was reasonably accurate.

3 What Mauser? And apparently not.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 01:35:47 AM »
Tommy, are you saying that "Lee Hardly" couldn't save up for a weapon that could accurately hit a target? Ordering a rifle by mail using an assumed name when he could get a gun in person without a paper trail makes no sense WHATSOEVER. I smell a set up.  Oswald apparently struggled financially, but this is not logical.

Edwin Walker is 100% irrelevant and what proof have we that Oswald fired a weapon at Walker? Are you saying LHO was an indiscriminate attempted assassin with no political motives? Why was the license plate of the car parked in front of Walker's house blacked out? Even if Oswald fired at Walker, is this necessarily proof of his capacity for political assassination? Doesn't prove squat, especially since Walker and JFK were on different ends of the political spectrum.

The Mauser had "7.65 Mauser" clearly stamped on the barrel according to the witnesses. I believe it was Boone and Roger Craig who reported this.

Then you make a claim about accuracy of ammunition? WTF? Where did you get that??

[Crummy-attitude statement deleted]

Dear James,

1)  It's my understanding that, despite the fact that the scope was about four inches out of alignment at 100 yards or so, Oswald's Carcano was quite accurate, and Oswald, realizing the scope was off (after the first shot?), could have compensated for it.

"Unfortunately" for Oswald, he (iirc) hit the wood between two window panes in the Walker attempt, and his bullet glanced the "mast" arm of the traffic light with his first shot at JFK.

2) Can you understand that a bullet with a rounded nose "wobbles" less than a pointed-nose bullet as it travels down the bore of the barrell for the simple reason that it has more of its surface area in contact with the bore than a pointed-nose bullet does?

--  MWT  ;)

PS  What's with the crummy attitude, btw?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 03:21:11 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 01:35:47 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 01:57:34 AM »
Every comment on this thread has been beaten to death for 50+ years. The answers were buried with Oswald in 1963. Anything else is utter speculation. What’s the point of it in 2020?

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »
May doesn't like the questions, so he lashes out. What about answers for once using your own brain?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 05:56:06 PM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:31 PM »
May doesn't like the questions, so he lashes out. What about answers for once using your own brain?

You’re right. Hate 50 year old questions. Yet, you have stated multiple times “there’s a mountain of evidence” for multiple shooters. This would be refreshingly new evidence. Yet, I’ve asked you to share it with the readers. Your response? None. You disappear with the entire mountain.hiw does that happen?