Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The opinion of a JFK assassination expert on COVID-19.  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

The opinion of a JFK assassination expert on COVID-19.
« on: May 30, 2020, 10:20:59 PM »
Advertisement

This post is arguably off topic, but the subject is so important that I think it should be posted where the most people can see.

Which expert do I speak of? Dr. Cyril Wecht. I do not agree, or even trust the opinions on the JFK assassination. His use of many years of a wildly false diagram to the SBT undermines his credibility on the JFK assassination issue. But he is a doctor. He is a medical expert. His opinion from May 14 can be seen at the following webpage:

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/Op-Ed/2020/05/14/Cyril-H-Wecht-Time-to-end-the-COVID-19-hysteria/stories/202005140031

Now, I’m no medical expert. But I have been tracking the statistics for Sweden. By mid-March Sweden implemented its mild restrictions to combat COVID-19. Here is the daily death rate from COVID-19, that is the number of COVID-19 deaths, per day, per million people:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Week of 03/12/20 – 03/18/20:    0.1
Week of 03/19/20 – 03/25/20:    0.7
Week of 03/26/20 – 04/01/20:    2.5
Week of 04/02/20 – 04/08/20:    6.3
Week of 04/09/20 – 04/15/20:    7.3
Week of 04/16/20 – 04/22/20:   10.4
Week of 04/23/20 – 04/29/20:    7.4
Week of 04/30/20 – 05/06/20:    6.8
Week of 05/07/20 – 05/13/20:    7.3
Week of 05/14/20 – 05/20/20:    5.2
Week of 05/21/20 – 05/27/20:    5.5

Why has Sweden’s death rate declined from its height in mid-April? It can only be that this is caused by the population approaching herd immunity. By the way, I would agree to testify in any criminal case against any defendant if the prosecution would grant me herd immunity. The reason the death rate is now half must be that approximately half the population of Sweden has already contacted the disease, making it twice as hard for the virus to find a new person to infect.

As of now, Sweden has had 435 deaths per 1,000,000 people. When the disease has run its course, it will have killed about 1,000 people per million, one tenth of one per cent of its population. By the way, the U. S. has lost 316 deaths per million. For a marginal gain in lives saved we have wrecked our economy. And with every prospect that by the end of the summer, we will end up matching Sweden’s total number of deaths per million, before any vaccine can be distributed.

Sweden has kept its schools open. Have any children died of COVID-19? Only a handful. I believe roughly the same number of children who die each year of the flu. If we should keep the schools closed to save the lives of children from COViD-19 we should keep the schools closed permanently to save the lives of children from the flu.

We shouldn’t mindlessly copy Sweden. But we also shouldn’t mindlessly ignore it either, which is what I think our leadership is doing. So far, they haven’t even claimed that they have carefully studied Sweden and the results they are getting.

Is there another reason why Sweden’s death rate has dropped in half than the approach of “Herd Immunity”? I can think of a few possibilities. The Swedish government has implemented secret restrictions. The Swedish people have become a lot more cautious. But I don’t think either is true. Nor is our government looking into this.

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: May 30, 2020, 10:20:59 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: The opinion of a JFK assassination expert on COVID-19.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 10:24:42 PM »

This post is arguably off topic, but the subject is so important that I think it should be posted where the most people can see.

Which expert do I speak of? Dr. Cyril Wecht. I do not agree, or even trust the opinions on the JFK assassination. His use of many years of a wildly false diagram to the SBT undermines his credibility on the JFK assassination issue. But he is a doctor. He is a medical expert. His opinion from May 14 can be seen at the following webpage:

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/Op-Ed/2020/05/14/Cyril-H-Wecht-Time-to-end-the-COVID-19-hysteria/stories/202005140031

Now, I’m no medical expert. But I have been tracking the statistics for Sweden. By mid-March Sweden implemented its mild restrictions to combat COVID-19. Here is the daily death rate from COVID-19, that is the number of COVID-19 deaths, per day, per million people:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Week of 03/12/20 – 03/18/20:    0.1
Week of 03/19/20 – 03/25/20:    0.7
Week of 03/26/20 – 04/01/20:    2.5
Week of 04/02/20 – 04/08/20:    6.3
Week of 04/09/20 – 04/15/20:    7.3
Week of 04/16/20 – 04/22/20:   10.4
Week of 04/23/20 – 04/29/20:    7.4
Week of 04/30/20 – 05/06/20:    6.8
Week of 05/07/20 – 05/13/20:    7.3
Week of 05/14/20 – 05/20/20:    5.2
Week of 05/21/20 – 05/27/20:    5.5

Why has Sweden’s death rate declined from its height in mid-April? It can only be that this is caused by the population approaching herd immunity. By the way, I would agree to testify in any criminal case against any defendant if the prosecution would grant me herd immunity. The reason the death rate is now half must be that approximately half the population of Sweden has already contacted the disease, making it twice as hard for the virus to find a new person to infect.

As of now, Sweden has had 435 deaths per 1,000,000 people. When the disease has run its course, it will have killed about 1,000 people per million, one tenth of one per cent of its population. By the way, the U. S. has lost 316 deaths per million. For a marginal gain in lives saved we have wrecked our economy. And with every prospect that by the end of the summer, we will end up matching Sweden’s total number of deaths per million, before any vaccine can be distributed.

Sweden has kept its schools open. Have any children died of COVID-19? Only a handful. I believe roughly the same number of children who die each year of the flu. If we should keep the schools closed to save the lives of children from COViD-19 we should keep the schools closed permanently to save the lives of children from the flu.

We shouldn’t mindlessly copy Sweden. But we also shouldn’t mindlessly ignore it either, which is what I think our leadership is doing. So far, they haven’t even claimed that they have carefully studied Sweden and the results they are getting.

Is there another reason why Sweden’s death rate has dropped in half than the approach of “Herd Immunity”? I can think of a few possibilities. The Swedish government has implemented secret restrictions. The Swedish people have become a lot more cautious. But I don’t think either is true. Nor is our government looking into this.

Point being?

--  MWT  ;)

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 10:38:41 PM »

Point being, we should open up our economy, get people back to work.

With restrictions. Must wear masks. No visit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

Keep the churches closed. Public singing is one of the best ways to spread the disease.

Sports events can be held and televised, but with no fans. Shouting fans is one of the best ways to spread the disease.

Only open up the minimum needed to get the economy going.

Open up the schools as soon as possible. Consider making up for lost time with the schools open in the summer to complete the current grade. We are behind the rest of the world in education too much as it is.

Wrecking the economy kills people too. Did more people die in the “Spanish” flu of 1918 or as the result of the Great Depression.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 10:38:41 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 11:24:14 AM »

Wrecking the economy kills people too. Did more people die in the “Spanish” flu of 1918 or as the result of the Great Depression.

Joe according to the experts, fewer people died of starvation during the depression.

"Public health analysts were puzzled by the improvements in mortality that occurred during the 1930s. Just what caused this gratifying showing it is difficult to say."

https://history.stackexchange.com/questions/12297/how-many-people-in-the-us-starved-to-death-during-the-great-depression

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
Point being, we should open up our economy, get people back to work.

With restrictions. Must wear masks. No visit to hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

Keep the churches closed. Public singing is one of the best ways to spread the disease.

Sports events can be held and televised, but with no fans. Shouting fans is one of the best ways to spread the disease.

Only open up the minimum needed to get the economy going.

Open up the schools as soon as possible. Consider making up for lost time with the schools open in the summer to complete the current grade. We are behind the rest of the world in education too much as it is.

Dr. Wecht is 89 years old. I don't know how his age affects the soundness of his judgment currently and neither do you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Wecht

Joe, you don't know what you don't know, and you appear to reach uninformed conclusions similar to Trump's, as well as his simplistic messaging. Your posts in this thread resemble reactionary ranting.

Does your vision include imprisoning nursing home caregivers inside their workplaces indefinitely or removing all older teachers from schools and perhaps housing the children in the schools to lower risk to their parents and grandparents since children do contract and spread covid-19?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu#Around_the_globe
The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus......
.....In the U.S., about 28% of the population of 105 million became infected, and 500,000 to 850,000 died (0.48 to 0.81 percent of the population).[79][80][81] Native American tribes were particularly hard hit. In the Four Corners area, there were 3,293 registered deaths among Native Americans.[82] Entire Inuit and Alaskan Native village communities died in Alaska.[83] In Canada, 50,000 died.[84]
https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/26/navajo-nation-covid-19-youth-response-elders-health/
May 26, 2020
.....Navajo residents have been devastated as the virus has swept through a reservation that spans four states. Already, 4,633 people have tested positive for the coronavirus, and 153 have died as of May 23, a staggering toll in a population of 356,000 — and the highest infection rate of anywhere in the U.S....

Sweden did not experience overwhelmed hospitals, as the U.S. has in several major cities. Lockdown orders in the U.S. were initially local decisions, commencing first in S.F. Bay area and in the state of Washington. There was never a national closing of the economy.

The S.F. Bay area slowed the rate of contagion, buying time for its healthcare provider network and saving lives and permanent health damage and other survivor complications....

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/30/coronavirus-california-passes-4000-covid-19-deaths-records-second-most-new-cases-ever/
Coronavirus: California passes 4,000 COVID-19 deaths, records second-most new cases ever
The state also recorded 92 COVID-19 deaths, higher than average
May 30, 2020
California recorded 92 deaths from COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the fatal toll of the virus in the state to 4,084, starting with Patricia Dowd, 57, who died in her East San Jose home in February 6, weeks before the rapid spread of the virus prompted an unprecedented shelter-in-place order.

California counties also reported 2,959 new COVID-19 cases, just one shy of the most new cases reported in a single day, a record set on Tuesday. New cases have spiked statewide and in parts of the Bay Area, although it’s hard to know if that’s indicative of the continued spread of the virus or a result of a ramp-up in COVID-19 testing.

The state now has a seven-day average of 2,313 new daily cases — the highest daily average since the start of the pandemic — and 59.6 new daily deaths. New deaths have been slowly declining over the past week after averaging more than 70 new daily fatalities for most of May......

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-13/california-coronavirus-disney-shutdown-economy
March 13, Santa Clara county has most cases in CA, 79 cases of 247 cases, statewide.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/coronavirus-daily-news-updates-may-30-what-to-know-today-about-covid-19-in-the-seattle-area-washington-state-and-the-world/

Different areas of the U.S. have different political majorities, some viewing life as irreplaceable.... fortunes can be reattained, reviving the dead, not so much.

What is a child stricken with circulatory inflammatory symptoms worth, Joe, or your grandmother, or an E.R. physician or a critical care nurse? What is the life of a 90 year old, Korean war veteran living in an underprepared, underprotected, V.A. long term care facility worth, or the lives of the younger caregivers employed there?

https://people.com/health/at-least-26-states-report-cases-of-coronavirus-related-inflammatory-syndrome-in-children/
May 27, 2020

Cases of the coronavirus-related inflammatory illness affecting children have now been reported in at least 26 states across the country.

The virus literally "kicked in the door" of the tri-state, N.Y. metro region, a consequence of three major international airports handling upwards of half of all European arrivals into the U.S.
NYC receives 33 million visitors in a routine year, many from foreign countries. How many visitors come to Stockholm annually?

West Virginia and other "S-Hole" states are rather insular, less covid-19 cases because of more rural and less introduction conditions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area
The New York metropolitan area is the largest metropolitan area in the world by urban landmass, at 3,450.2 sq mi (8,936 km2).[17] The metropolitan area includes New York City (the most populous city in the United States), Long Island, and the Mid and Lower Hudson Valley in the state of New York; the five largest cities in New Jersey: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, and Edison, and their vicinities; and six of the seven largest cities in Connecticut: Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, and Danbury, and their vicinities. The New York metropolitan area is part of the larger Northeast Megalopolis.

The New York metropolitan area remains, by a significant margin, the most populous in the United States, as defined by both the Metropolitan Statistical Area (20.3 million residents in 2017)[13] and the Combined Statistical Area (23.7 million residents in 2016). The metropolitan area is home to approximately 6% of the United States' population.[18] It is the largest urban agglomeration in the Americas and the tenth largest in the world.[19][20][21] The New York metropolitan area continues to be the premier gateway for legal immigration to the United States,[22][23][24][25] with the largest foreign-born population of any metropolitan region in the world.

The areas that could practically have not locked down at all in the U.S. seemed generally to be the last to close, whereas the costal population centers that also happened to generate far and away the greatest GDP in the U.S., supporting federal revenue, literally had no responsible choice for their political leaders, who also tended to prioritize public health protection.... of most vulenerable residents and of the care giver infrastructure, erred on the side of protecting health than on preserving immediate economic activity.

You assume there was much wider leeway in the decision making of authorities where most people live in the U.S. than there actually was, or still is.

You do not even mention, I have no way of knowing if you've considered it, the psychological effect on the noninfected when they happen to notice that their local hospitals have been overrun, care givers and frontline personnel infected in increasing numbers, their appointments with their own care givers cancelled, widely reported shortages of PPE and of hospital equipment.

It does not take a local government order to strip supermarket shelves, empty restaurants and movie theaters and sporting events. For the NBA, itself, two suddenly infected players on one team resulted in the shut down of the entire NBA, a prudent business decision at the time, by the majority of the team owners.

You seem to exhibit the mindset of a resident of an infrequently visited place. I doubt you slaughter chickens or pigs for a living.
The monopolistic profits of the few consolidated meat processors and packers in the U.S., Tyson and Smithfield being two of the most prominent, were not even an incentive great enough for those businesses to take extraordinary steps necessary to safeguard the infections risks to their most vital operating resources, their processing line workers!

These are stats of the district OCA represents in congress. Joe, do you think she is comparing the Swedish covid-19 impact and public health policy with the impact and policy in her district?

https://www.city-journal.org/html/joseph-crowleys-defeat-15995.html
It’s Not Archie Bunker’s District Anymore
Joseph Crowley’s defeat reflects two demographic shifts in the outer boroughs.
Dennis Saffran - June 28, 2018 New YorkPolitics and law
...The current district is 46 percent Hispanic, 11 percent black, 16 percent Asian, and 25 percent white, and many of the whites are affluent hipster transplants to gentrifying sections of Astoria, Sunnyside, and Jackson Heights.

This newly drawn district proved perfect for Ocasio-Cortez, who beat Crowley not just among Latinos but also in many white areas, where “woke” Bernie Bros voted but the Democratic Party organization couldn’t turn out the vestiges of its old ethnic base....

You don't post as if you are black or hispanic, Joe. Have you accounted for the level of affordable healthcare access or the poverty rate of the average Swede vs the average American or the racial diversity of the U.S. population of 335 million vs the 10,203,000 mostly caucasian, Swedes?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/05/30/865413079/what-do-coronavirus-racial-disparities-look-like-state-by-state
What Do Coronavirus Racial Disparities Look Like State By State?
May 30, 2020 6:00 AM ET

....NPR analyzed COVID-19 demographic data collected by the COVID Racial Tracker, a joint project of the Antiracist Research & Policy Center and the COVID Tracking Project. This analysis compares each racial or ethnic group's share of infections or deaths — where race and ethnicity is known — with their share of population. Here's what it shows:

Nationally, African-American deaths from COVID-19 are nearly two times greater than would be expected based on their share of the population. In four states, the rate is three or more times greater.
In 42 states plus Washington D.C., Hispanics/Latinos make up a greater share of confirmed cases than their share of the population. In eight states, it's more than four times greater.
White deaths from COVID-19 are lower than their share of the population in 37 states and the District of Columbia. 
Major holes in the data remain: 48% of cases and 9% of deaths still have no race tied to them. ...

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sw.html
Sweden

Ethnic groups:This entry provides an ordered listing of ethnic groups starting with the largest and normally includes the percent of total population. Ethnic groups field listing
Swedish 80.9%, Syrian 1.8%, Finnish 1.4%, Iraqi 1.4%, other 14.5%

population pyramid

Maternal mortality rate:The maternal mortality rate (MMR) is the annual number of female deaths per 100,000 live births from any cause related to or aggravated by pregnancy or its management (excluding accidental or incidental causes). The MMR includes deaths during pregnancy, childbirth, or within 42 days of termination of pregnancy, irrespective of the duration and site of the pregnancy, for a specified year.Maternal mortality rate field listing
4 deaths/100,000 live births (2017 est.)
country comparison to the world: 175
Infant mortality rate:This entry gives the number of deaths of infants under one year old in a given year per 1,000 live births in the same year. This rate is often used as an indicator of the level of health in a country.Infant mortality rate field listing
total: 2.6 deaths/1,000 live births

Obesity - adult prevalence rate: 20.6% (2016)

https://www.americashealthrankings.org/explore/annual/measure/IMR/state/LA
Obesity
U.S. Value: : 30.9%
Healthiest State: Colorado: 22.9%

Obesity - Female
LA: 39.5%  U.S.: 31.3%
Obesity - Male: LA: 34.1%
U.S.: 30.6% Percentage of adults

Least-healthy States: Mississippi, West Virginia: 39.5%

Louisiana:
......Since 1990, infant mortality decreased 36% from 11.8 to 7.5 deaths per 1,000 live births

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/sw.html

Population below poverty line:National estimates of the percentage of the population falling below the poverty line are based on surveys of sub-groups, with the results weighted by the number of people in each group. Definitions of poverty vary considerably among nations. For example, rich nations generally employ more generous standards of poverty than poor nations.Population below poverty line field listing
15% (2014 est.)

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa2011686
Hospitalization and Mortality among Black Patients and White Patients with Covid-19
List of authors.
Eboni G. Price-Haywood, M.D., M.P.H., Jeffrey Burton, Ph.D., Daniel Fort, Ph.D., and Leonardo Seoane, M.D.
May 27, 2020

...RESULTS
A total of 3626 patients tested positive, of whom 145 were excluded (84 had missing data on race or ethnic group, 9 were Hispanic, and 52 were Asian or of another race or ethnic group). Of the 3481 Covid-19–positive patients included in our analyses, 60.0% were female, 70.4% were black non-Hispanic, and 29.6% were white non-Hispanic. Black patients had higher prevalences of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, and chronic kidney disease than white patients. A total of 39.7% of Covid-19–positive patients (1382 patients) were hospitalized, 76.9% of whom were black. In multivariable analyses, black race, increasing age, a higher score on the Charlson Comorbidity Index (indicating a greater burden of illness), public insurance (Medicare or Medicaid), residence in a low-income area, and obesity were associated with increased odds of hospital admission. Among the 326 patients who died from Covid-19, 70.6% were black. In adjusted time-to-event analyses, variables that were associated with higher in-hospital mortality were increasing age and presentation with an elevated respiratory rate; elevated levels of venous lactate, creatinine, or procalcitonin; or low platelet or lymphocyte counts. However, black race was not independently associated with higher mortality (hazard ratio for death vs. white race, 0.89; 95% confidence interval, 0.68 to 1.17)....
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 01:49:42 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »

Dr. Wecht is 89 years old. I don't know how his age affects the soundness of his judgment currently and neither do you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyril_Wecht

Joe, you don't know what you don't know, and you appear to reach uninformed conclusions similar to Trump's, as well as his simplistic messaging. Your posts in this thread resemble reactionary ranting.

Does your vision include imprisoning nursing home caregivers inside their workplaces indefinitely or removing all older teachers from schools and perhaps housing the children in the schools to lower risk to their parents and grandparents since children do contract and spread covid-19?

Imprisoning caregivers? No.
Removing older teachers from schools until there is a vaccine? That sounds reasonable.
Housing children in schools. No. Parents are generally young enough to be able to handle the COVID-19 in the vast majority of cases. Grandparents should not be visited.

Sweden did not experience overwhelmed hospitals, as the U.S. has in several major cities. Lockdown orders in the U.S. were initially local decisions, commencing first in S.F. Bay area and in the state of Washington. There was never a national closing of the economy.

Some cities and states reacted too slowly, then had to massively shut down everything, like New York.

I think it would have been better to apply the brakes earlier but more gently.

Different areas of the U.S. have different political majorities, some viewing life as irreplaceable.... fortunes can be reattained, reviving the dead, not so much.

Fortunes cannot be easily reattained at the snap of the fingers. Will we be able to fund schools to the same level as before? We will see.

What is a child stricken with circulatory inflammatory symptoms worth, Joe, or your grandmother, or an E.R. physician or a critical care nurse? What is the life of a 90 year old, Korean war veteran living in an underprepared, underprotected, V.A. long term care facility worth, or the lives of the younger caregivers employed there?

If a vaccine is not developed, manufactured and administered to hundreds of millions by the end of the year, the shutdowns won’t make any difference.

The virus literally "kicked in the door" of the tri-state, N.Y. metro region, a consequence of three major international airports handling upwards of half of all European arrivals into the U.S.
NYC receives 33 million visitors in a routine year, many from foreign countries. How many visitors come to Stockholm annually?

The virus did not literally “kick in the door” in New York. The local officials just reacted too slowly, allowing the cases to double every 2 to 3 days before reacting.
I have no trouble shutting down foreign visitors for now. Who says we have to continue to receive them at the current rate?

You do not even mention, I have no way of knowing if you've considered it, the psychological effect on the noninfected when they happen to notice that their local hospitals have been overrun, care givers and frontline personnel infected in increasing numbers, their appointments with their own care givers cancelled, widely reported shortages of PPE and of hospital equipment.

Sweden allows the economy to run without having the hospital shutdown. They took a smarter approach. Apply the brakes early, but gently.

Sweden has suffered a higher death rate because of its policies. But in the end COVID-19 will spread throughout the entire population. The vaccine is just not coming fast enough. I suspect that in years’ time the countries that shutdown will have as many people dying, per million people, as Sweden.

Let’s cut to the chase:

Questions:

Has Sweden handled COVID-19 well? Are there hospitals getting overrun? Do we see signs that their hospitals are going to get overrun?

If not, why can’t we do what Sweden does? We can’t shut down international travel? We must allow it to continue as much as ever? So, we must shutdown out economy much more than the Swedish do so our people can visit other countries and foreigners continue to visit the U.S. at the same rate they always have?

I would like our leaders to explain why this can’t be done.

Do we know, as a certain fact, that once a vaccine is developed and administered to everyone, that the economy will just bounce back as if nothing happened?

Do we know, as a certain fact, that we will be able to finance our schools to the same level?

Is the master plan to have our students just miss several months of school and never make up for it? Our students are already too far behind the rest of the world before COVID-19.

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:35:04 PM »
Sweden has, by far, the largest number of cases and fatalities in Scandinavia, compared with its neighbors Denmark, Norway and Finland, which each have 10,281, 7,996 and 5,573 confirmed cases, respectively, according to the latest figures from Johns Hopkins University.

Cases of the novel coronavirus in Sweden have reached at least 23,918, with its death count at 2,941, as of Thursday, according to the latest figures from the country's health ministry.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:36:00 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:35:04 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 09:04:13 PM »
It’s awfully easy to talk about “marginal gain in lives saved“ when you’re not the one dying.