Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Ms Carolyn Arnold  (Read 5194 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Ms Carolyn Arnold
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:12:38 AM »
Advertisement
Friends, this woman has been identified by some researchers as Ms Carolyn Arnold----------

Here is (the heavily pregnant) Ms Arnold in the Depository building that Christmas----------

Is the woman standing in front of the Depository really the same person as the woman in the color photos?

JFK Assassination Forum

Ms Carolyn Arnold
« on: May 27, 2020, 02:12:38 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Ms Carolyn Arnold
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 02:38:25 AM »
The TSBD looks like it was a fun place to work.

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »
Friends, this woman has been identified by some researchers as Ms Carolyn Arnold----------

Here is (the heavily pregnant) Ms Arnold in the Depository building that Christmas----------

Is the woman standing in front of the Depository really the same person as the woman in the color photos?

I'd say yes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 08:57:57 AM »

Offline Joe Simmons

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »
If you compare the 2nd and 3rd picture of Arnold to her current Facebook picture as Carolyn J Johnston, you will see that they depict the same person.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »
Obviously both women are pregnant, but apart from that? Am honestly not seeing what facial resemblance justifies an identification of the woman standing before the Depository as Ms Arnold........

Besides, this woman appears to be holding a pair of glasses and a pen/cil?

A reporter? Ms Peggy Simpson perhaps?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 02:43:00 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 04:18:59 PM »
Friends, one reason I'm keen to get a confirmed image of Ms Arnold from 11/22/63 is an intriguing recollection in Mr Ronald B. Fischer's 11/22 statement to the Sheriff's Dept.

Mr Fischer--------------you will recall---------------was standing with Mr Bob Edwards on the southwest corner of Elm & Houston. Some 30 seconds before the motorcade came by, they both noticed a sandy-haired man in the sixth floor window.

But not just that!------------------

"I do remember one peculiar thing happened just at the time I saw the man up there. There was a girl walked in the Texas School Book Depository Building, a rather tall girl, and she looked to me like she might be an employee in that building. She was walking in while everyone else had been coming out."

I wonder might this have been none other than Ms Carolyn Arnold? Did she-------just before JFK's arrival-------leave the street and go back to the front entrance in order to view the parade from a higher vantage point?

My grounds for that very specific surmise is this apparently erroneous detail in Mr Bill Shelley's March 18 FBI interview report...................

"I recall that Wesley Frazier, Mrs . Sarah Stanton and Mrs . Carolyn Arnold, all employees of the Texas School Book Depository, were also standing in this entrance way near me at the time Pres. Kennedy was shot."

Perhaps this is no error at all!

One is struck by Ms Arnold's rather defensive reaction to Messrs Earl Golz and Anthony Summers when----------in 1978-----------they asked her about the 11/25/63 FBI interview report that has her claiming to have seen Mr Oswald behind the front glass door at the entrance several minutes before the assassination: "Why would I be looking back inside the building? That doesn’t make any sense to me."

If she was the woman seen by Mr Fischer just before the assassination, it would make plenty sense. Might she have noticed Mr Oswald behind the glass door then, in front of her as she took to the steps--------------------only to regret in later years having gone on the record about the fact? From the 11/25/63 FBI interview report:

Note the vagueness of her stated location ("in front of the building")----------could mean front entranceway, could mean street...

What I am suggesting is:

A. Ms Arnold told the FBI 11/25 of TWO sightings of Mr Oswald-------------
1. Second floor lunchroom a few minutes pre-assassination
2. Front entrance at time of motorcade's arrival

B. The FBI suppressed sighting #1 and recorded a distorted (in terms of altered timestamp, fudged location-of-Ms-Arnold and dash of uncertainty-as-to-the-identity-of-the-man) version of sighting #2

C. Ms Arnold was------in 1978-------outraged to hear of the suppression, but no less anxious to back off any notion of having seen Mr Oswald through the front glass door. (By March '64, she had already walked back her walk back to the front entrance: giving as her location for the assassination her location shortly before the assassination---------i.e. out on the street with Ms Dragoo, Ms Johnson & co.)

I find it hard to see why the FBI------------in their zeal to bury the lunchroom sighting------------would invent a claim involving, of all things, Mr Oswald standing in the building vestibule. It had to have come from somewhere. I mean, they could have come up with a much less anxiety-inducing location!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:52:24 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »
Friends, one reason I'm keen to get a confirmed image of Ms Arnold from 11/22/63 is an intriguing recollection in Mr Ronald B. Fischer's 11/22 statement to the Sheriff's Dept.

Mr Fischer--------------you will recall---------------was standing with Mr Bob Edwards on the southwest corner of Elm & Houston. Some 30 seconds before the motorcade came by, they both noticed a sandy-haired man in the sixth floor window.

But not just that!------------------

"I do remember one peculiar thing happened just at the time I saw the man up there. There was a girl walked in the Texas School Book Depository Building, a rather tall girl, and she looked to me like she might be an employee in that building. She was walking in while everyone else had been coming out."

I wonder might this have been none other than Ms Carolyn Arnold? Did she-------just before JFK's arrival-------leave the street and go back to the front entrance in order to view the parade from a higher vantage point?

My grounds for that very specific surmise is this apparently erroneous detail in Mr Bill Shelley's March 18 FBI interview report...................

"I recall that Wesley Frazier, Mrs . Sarah Stanton and Mrs . Carolyn Arnold, all employees of the Texas School Book Depository, were also standing in this entrance way near me at the time Pres. Kennedy was shot."

Perhaps this is no error at all!

One is struck by Ms Arnold's rather defensive reaction to Messrs Earl Golz and Anthony Summers when----------in 1978-----------they asked her about the 11/25/63 FBI interview report that has her claiming to have seen Mr Oswald behind the front glass door at the entrance several minutes before the assassination: "Why would I be looking back inside the building? That doesn’t make any sense to me."

If she was the woman seen by Mr Fischer just before the assassination, it would make plenty sense. Might she have seen Mr Oswald behind that glass door then--------------------only to regret in later years having gone on the record about the fact? From the 11/25/63 FBI interview report:

Note the vagueness of her stated location ("in front of the building")----------could mean front entranceway, could mean street...

What I am suggesting is:

A. Ms Arnold told the FBI 11/25 of TWO sightings of Mr Oswald-------------
1. Second floor lunchroom a few minutes pre-assassination
2. Front entrance at time of motorcade's arrival

B. The FBI suppressed sighting #1 and recorded a distorted (in terms of timestamp) version of sighting #2

C. Ms Arnold was------in 1978-------outraged to hear of the suppression, but no less anxious to back off any notion of having seen Mr Oswald through the front glass door.

I find it hard to see why the FBI------------in their zeal to bury the lunchroom sighting------------would invent a claim involving, of all things, Mr Oswald standing in the building vestibule. It had to have come from somewhere. I mean, they could have come up with a much less anxiety-inducing location!

Friends ‐-‐------------------------------------- ,  Romans and Countrymen?

I thought the vestibule was that weird little enclosed juncture between the second floor "landing"/working area, the lunchroom, and the hallway.

What would YOU call that weird little area?

An alcove?

A niche?

A moveable feast?

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:39:08 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »

Offline Joe Simmons

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 04:38:39 PM »
Why not ask Carolyn yourself: https://www.facebook.com/carolyn.j.johnston.3