Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Did Oswald Kill JFK?  (Read 14720 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Why Did Oswald Kill JFK?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:48 AM »
Advertisement
God endowed me with a brain with which to reason..... I'm sorry to learn that in your arrogance you missed out on the instruction program on how to use your God given brain.

*God-given

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:48 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 03:14:50 PM »
Why did Oswald kill JFK?

I posit that the little prick was a true Marxist, that he was fed up with the American and Soviet systems, and that he decided to take matters in his own hands to "advance history".

-- MWT  ;)

PS  The fact that he wasn't getting any from Marina might have had something to do with it, too, as well as the possibility that he had been trained/programmed in the USSR to do the job ...

I think that's essentially accurate: that is, his motive was probably a mix of political and personal reasons or grievances. He expressed numerous times his deep dislike of America (even when he was a teenager), of the economic and political systems that he thought were "slave" systems. He said the same thing about the Soviet Union, that it too was a "slave" system. He said he detested both governments and was opposed to both. He also wanted to be, according to Marina and a few others, a great figure, a noted person in history. And I do think he disliked JFK for his (Kennedy's) policies towards Castro and Cuba. So we have this confluence of personal reasons - fame, notoriety, making history - and political - killing the leader of the nation he intensely disliked.

But then we have the question of why did he essentially wait until the last second to shoot JFK? About ten days before the assassination he goes to FBI headquarters - in person! - to complain about what he believed was harassment by them. That's an odd act for someone planning on shooting JFK.

Okay, so at that point he didn't know JFK was coming to Dallas. Or whether he would have an opportunity to kill JFK. Why did he wait until the day before the visit to retrieve his rifle and, essentially, plan things? It all seems so rushed, so last second, so spur of the moment. That's not evidence to me of someone with a deep dislike for Kennedy or the US. That's someone acting hastily, suddenly.

So we have this seeming contradiction: on the one hand we have these deeper political and personal reasons for him to act and on the other we have him acting "late", at the last second, with little planning beforehand. It's a puzzle to me.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:02:23 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »
I think that's essentially true - his motive was probably a mix of political and personal reasons. He expressed numerous times his deep dislike of America, of the economic and political systems that he thought were "slave" systems. He said the same thing about the Soviet Union, that it too was a "slave" system. He said he detested both governments. He also wanted to be, according to Marina and a few others, a great figure, a noted person in history. And I do think he disliked JFK for his (Kennedy's) policies towards Castro and Cuba. So we have this confluence of personal reasons - fame, notoriety, making history - and political - killing the leader of the nation he intensely disliked.

But then we have the question of why did he essentially wait until the last second to shoot JFK? About ten days before the assassination he goes to FBI headquarters - in person! - to complain about what he believed was harassment by them. That's an odd act for someone planning on shooting JFK.

Okay, so at that point he didn't know JFK was coming to Dallas. Or whether he would have an opportunity to kill JFK. Why did he wait until the day before the visit to retrieve his rifle and, essentially, plan things? It all seems so rushed, so last second, so spur of the moment. That's not evidence to me of someone with a deep dislike for Kennedy or the US. That's someone acting hastily, suddenly.

So we have this seeming contradiction: on the one hand we have these deeper political and personal reasons for him to act and on the other we have him acting "late", at the last second, with little planning beforehand. It's a puzzle to me.

If Marina had made it up with him on the Thursday maybe it would never have happened. Like you say, a mixture of personal and political reasons that all came together at the last moment.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 03:20:22 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/JFKOH-GRF-01.aspx
Oral History Interview with GERALD R. FORD, July 8, 2003 Avon, Colorado by Vicki Daitch

FORD: I have a feeling, and I think others shared it, that he, Oswald, assassinated Kennedy because he was being prodded by his wife...
DAITCH: Really!?
FORD: ...on his impotence and so forth, and he had to do something to display his bravado. Now, that’s a theory.
DAITCH: That’s interesting.

Yes interesting.
Marina had just given birth to their second child, Audrey Marina Rachel Oswald, on October 20, 1963.

=============================================================================

LBJ : “He’s (Ford) a nice fellow but he spent too much time playing football without a helmet.”

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:04:23 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 12:46:06 PM »
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/Archives/JFKOH-GRF-01.aspx
Oral History Interview with GERALD R. FORD, July 8, 2003 Avon, Colorado by Vicki Daitch

FORD: I have a feeling, and I think others shared it, that he, Oswald, assassinated Kennedy because he was being prodded by his wife...
DAITCH: Really!?
FORD: ...on his impotence and so forth, and he had to do something to display his bravado. Now, that’s a theory.
DAITCH: That’s interesting.

Yes interesting.
Marina had just given birth to their second child, Audrey Marina Rachel Oswald, on October 20, 1963.

=============================================================================

LBJ : “He’s (Ford) a nice fellow but he spent too much time playing football without a helmet.”

Doubt he meant sexual impotence but rather 'not having the power or ability to change or improve a situation' as defined in the Cambridge Dictionary.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 12:46:06 PM »

Offline Peter Goth

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2020, 01:15:11 PM »
Doubt he meant sexual impotence but rather 'not having the power or ability to change or improve a situation' as defined in the Cambridge Dictionary.

how do you know that?

Offline Nicholas Turner

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »
how do you know that?

I didn't say I knew that, I said I doubted that. The reason I doubt it is that the word impotent doesn't necessarily refer to sexual power but power in general.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2020, 01:22:14 PM »

Offline Peter Goth

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »
I didn't say I knew that, I said I doubted that. The reason I doubt it is that the word impotent doesn't necessarily refer to sexual power but power in general.

I aware of that and you said...

"rather 'not having the power or ability to change or improve"

you doubted one and preferred the other...I asked why