Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: JD Tippit  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Rob Beam

JD Tippit
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:18:18 AM »
Advertisement
Why is the weirdness of Tippit's actions just a footnote?

I hope this can get more people interested...

JFK Assassination Forum

JD Tippit
« on: May 19, 2020, 02:18:18 AM »

Offline David Monaghan

Re: JD Tippit
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 04:13:27 AM »
I have yet to hear a plausible scenario put forward by the LN division that explains or justify's Tippit's erratic behaviour!! I'm a CT but i can take on board the possibility that Oswald was knee deep in a conspiracy  plot but I firmly believe Tippit was dirty.
P.S the lack of LN response to this thread is deafening.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23:19 PM »
A couple of observations, curiously, JD Tippit's former partner, one of six pallbearers at his funeral, married a twice divorced woman, in 1959 who was old enough to be his mother. I cannot find that Holley Mack Ashcraft's wife was related to DPD officer Mar(r)ion L Baker.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/18714327/thelma-pauline-ashcraft

I cannot find Acquilla Clemmons or her employer, "Mrs. Smothers", in any documents after 1963. A Cornelia Smothers, presumably the mother-in-law of "Mrs. Smothers" lived with the couple from 1961 to 1963 and worked at a dry cleaners as a presser. I strongly suspect the Smothers were also black and that segregated Dallas degraded the quality of DPD and FBI "investigation" of the JFK, Tippit, and Oswald murders.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=60308&search=acquilla_and+tenth#relPageId=69&tab=page

The point illustrated in the images above is that the FBI excused itself from interviewing Acquilla Clemmons on the grounds her name was not in the 1963 or 1964 Dallas City Directory and with reliance on a third party observation her story seemed vague.
They did not bother to interview her East Tenth St. employer, "Mrs. Smothers", who was in the 1963 city directory.

Trust was however, highly placed in the testimony of Virginia Davis and taxi driver Whaley, both lied about their age, Mrs. Davis, under oath, and the testimony of Earline Roberts. Mrs. Roberts was disqualified by her employer Gladys Johnson, as a compulsive "story teller". Indeed, the record indicates Mrs. Roberts estimated the arrival of the DPD as "1:30", while detective Potts claimed to be the first officer to arrive, at 3:00 PM!

Despite these inconsistent criteria of weighing the importance and potential importance of witnesses and expenditure of investigative resources, neither the FBI or DPD, AFAIK, never bothered to identify and interview this person to attempt to corroborate the timing of Oswald's post TSBD movements....

https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/robertse.htm
...Mrs. ROBERTS. I had better back up a minute---he came home that Friday in an unusual hurry.
Mr. BALL. And about what time was this?
Mrs. ROBERTS. Well, it was after President Kennedy had been shot and I had a friend that said, "Roberts, President Kennedy has been shot," and I said, "Oh, no." She said, "Turn on your television," and I said "What are you trying to do, pull my leg?" And she said, "Well, go turn it on." I went and turned it on and I was trying to clear it up---I could hear them talking but I couldn't get the picture and he come in and I just looked up and I said, "Oh, you are in a hurry." He never said a thing, not nothing. He went on to his room and stayed about 3 or 4 minutes.....
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:43:57 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:23:19 PM »

Offline Ted Shields

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:24:14 PM »
Do people believe that the "signal" for the man whos just carried out the biggest assassination in human history to start his escape was a cop car pulling up in broad daylight and honking the horn?!  ???

Come on folks. We can do better.

Offline Rob Beam

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »
Good point. It seems foolish and sloppy (so does so much other stuff). It's just a drop in the bucket. Lots of other drops....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 11:37:52 PM »
Do people believe that the "signal" for the man whos just carried out the biggest assassination in human history to start his escape was a cop car pulling up in broad daylight and honking the horn?!  ???

Come on folks. We can do better.

Not that I'm a strong advocate in believing Mrs Roberts story about a police car honking it's horn while Lee Oswald was changing his clothes in his room.....But I don't believe the story can be so easily dismissed because it seems unbelievable.  You're basing your opinion on the belief that Lee Oswald was guilty, and therefore the story seems incongruous.    Lee Oswald did not shoot anybody that day.   

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 04:11:33 AM »
Some people find the SBT not believable. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 04:11:33 AM »