Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How to An Image, from the “JFK Photographs Gallery” To a Post  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Advertisement

Technical Question on:  How to An Image, from the “JFK Photographs Gallery” To a Post

Earlier today, I wanted to add the “Towner 2” slide to a post. Duncan has instructions on how to add a jpeg file, but the JFK Photographs Gallery are not jpeg files.

I could get to the image from anywhere on this site with:
          Click on: “JFK Photographs Gallery” on the main menu of the current page toward the top
          Click on: page 7 or 8.
          Click on:  Towner Gallery
          Click on: Crop from Towner 2 slide, the upper leftmost picture

so, I could see the image, but I could not figure out how to add it to my post.

Does anyone know how to do this?

If the answer could be added to the topic “How To Add An Image to A Post”, I think it would help folks in the future.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: How to An Image, from the “JFK Photographs Gallery” To a Post
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2020, 04:12:07 PM »

Duncan has answered my question. Let me give a more step by step approach on how to post an image from this site’s “JFK Photographs Gallery”.

Lets say you want to post an image of the “Towner 2” slide.

1.   Click on: “JFK Photographs Gallery” on the main menu of the current page toward the top.

2.   Click on: page 7 or 8     (which will get you to the page with the Towner Gallery)

3.   Click on:  Towner Gallery    (which brings up 10 pages of Towner frames)

4.   Click on the page number with the photograph in question. In this case I can skip this step because the image I want is on page 1.

5.   Click on: Crop from Towner 2 slide, the upper RIGHTMOST picture, which brings up a much larger image of that slide.

6.   Right click on that image.

7.   Click on: “Open image in new tab”

8.   Click on the new tab that was just created. The name of the file is at the top.

The name of the file is:
https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Image57~0.jpg

So insert on it’s own line in your post this filename, sandwich between  to get:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 04:14:56 PM by Joe Elliott »