Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Were Jim Garrison And Oliver Stone Taken In By KGB Disinformation?  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
Were Jim Garrison and Oliver Stone taken in by KGB disinformation?

It sure looks that way to me.

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/fall_winter_2001/article02.html#_ftnref70

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:04:11 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Were Jim Garrison And Oliver Stone Taken In By KGB Disinformation?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/fall_winter_2001/article02.html#_ftnref70

--  MWT  ;)

Here's another example of the kind of "alternative facts" the humanitarian organization known as the KGB (today's SVR and FSB) likes to deal in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_INFEKTION

--  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 08:04:58 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:22 AM »

--  MWT  ;)

Interesting article! Here’s an excerpt that I find interesting:

“None of this seemed to matter, least of all to the CIA, until the publisher of Garrison’s memoir thrust a copy into the hands of filmmaker Oliver Stone during an international film festival in Cuba.[68] That chance encounter eventually led to the endorsement of Paese Sera’s disinformation by a major Hollywood film, JFK. In the movie, Garrison (portrayed by Kevin Costner) confronts Shaw (played by Tommy Lee Jones) with an Italian newspaper article exposing Shaw’s role as a CIA operative. The confrontation, of course, never occurred in real life; yet the scene captures a hidden historical truth. The epicenter of Garrison’s prosecution, and the wellspring for his ultimate theory of the assassination, was the DA’s belief in a fantasy published by a Communist-owned Italian newspaper.”

It appears obvious to me that the disinformation intentionally deflected attention away from Cuba and Castro. And therefore I find it ironic that the Garrison memoir was put into Oliver Stone’s hands while he was in Cuba!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 02:24:22 AM »

Offline Richard Rubio

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:22 AM »
Oliver Stone is, I want to say this accurately and in a way to avoid saying misleading information,  he sympathizes often with the anti-American and anti-Capitalist view and I want to hold my tongue in saying pro-communist but it appears that way sometimes. For all I know, maybe he's right sometimes.

Director, producer, I am not always sure of but he was involved in the movie Wall Street,  a story on capitalist greed, then, we have Platoon, and yes, the USA is sort of the bad guy.  He's done a few other movies, 

Scarface, written by Stone:   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarface_(1983_film)  We know Tony Montana is a bad Cuban and we know, early in the picture, there is some film footage of Castro. The list probably goes on...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheOliverStone

He goes along with the Venezuelan government. I think if one looks at the situation in that country, the people are suffering... so, Yeah, he's a bit of a commie sympathizer. I'm sure some of his work though, is still palatable.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 02:47:57 AM by Richard Rubio »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:43 AM »
Uh, any more rhetorical - for you - questions, Mr. Graves?

Having never viewed JFK ( the film) as some sort of history lesson - lots of good acting, good "period" piece - and having no respect for Garrison's "performance " in "real life", who cares who influenced them.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 02:42:43 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 04:05:42 AM »
Uh, any more rhetorical - for you - questions, Mr. Graves?

Having never viewed JFK ( the film) as some sort of history lesson - lots of good acting, good "period" piece - and having no respect for Garrison's "performance " in "real life", who cares who influenced them.

Tonkovich,

I saw it right after it came out, and now I realize it was an anti-America propaganda piece by the virtual pimp known as Oliver "I Like KGB Mafia Boy Putin and My Son Works For RT" Stone.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:06:29 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 04:16:47 AM »
Interesting article! Here’s an excerpt that I find interesting:

“None of this seemed to matter, least of all to the CIA, until the publisher of Garrison’s memoir thrust a copy into the hands of filmmaker Oliver Stone during an international film festival in Cuba.[68] That chance encounter eventually led to the endorsement of Paese Sera’s disinformation by a major Hollywood film, JFK. In the movie, Garrison (portrayed by Kevin Costner) confronts Shaw (played by Tommy Lee Jones) with an Italian newspaper article exposing Shaw’s role as a CIA operative. The confrontation, of course, never occurred in real life; yet the scene captures a hidden historical truth. The epicenter of Garrison’s prosecution, and the wellspring for his ultimate theory of the assassination, was the DA’s belief in a fantasy published by a Communist-owned Italian newspaper.”

It appears obvious to me that the disinformation intentionally deflected attention away from Cuba and Castro. And therefore I find it ironic that the Garrison memoir was put into Oliver Stone’s hands while he was in Cuba!

Charles,

Another interesting thing involving Cuba and the KGB as they relate to the JFK assassination is the fact that KGB Colonel Nikolai Leonov, the guy whom Cuban consul Eusebio Azcue in 1978 described to a "T" as being the "Oswald" he'd dealt with ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH OR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH was the dude who had turned Raul Castro onto Soviet Communism in 1953 while Raul was returning to Cuba by boat after attending a Young Communists' convention in ... gasp ... Italy,  and then later Raul introduced Leonov to ... gasp ... Che Guevara in Cuba in 1955, iirc.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:31:17 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 04:16:47 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 07:49:17 AM »
Charles,

Another interesting thing involving Cuba and the KGB as they relate to the JFK assassination is the fact that KGB Colonel Nikolai Leonov, the guy whom Cuban consul Eusebio Azcue in 1978 described to a "T" as being the "Oswald" he'd dealt with ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH OR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 26TH was the dude who had turned Raul Castro onto Soviet Communism in 1953 while Raul was returning to Cuba by boat after attending a Young Communists' convention in ... gasp ... Italy,  and then later Raul introduced Leonov to ... gasp ... Che Guevara in Cuba in 1955, iirc.

--  MWT  ;)

Che was not in Cuba in 1955. He was in Mexico. He very well could have met Leonov in Mexico.
Che witnessed Operation PBSUCCESS and PBFORTUNE in Guatemala in 1954, which led him to the 26 July folks in Mexico.