Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: New speculations about the Babushka Lady  (Read 331 times)

Offline Markus Ell

New speculations about the Babushka Lady
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:06:42 PM »
Hello everybody,

have long considered whether I should dare this post or not. But since not that much new appeared in the forum, I decided to publish this post.

First of all. These are only speculations and mind games, unfortunately no facts (I wish I could provide them, but ...)

Although the first guess is almost a fact, since I am relatively certain that the Babushka Lady can be seen in the Patsy Paschall film, when she was filming the Dealey Plaza. Here the picture:

I believe that on some versions of the Paschall film you can "recognize" the Newmann Family diagonally opposite the Babushka Lady. This scene could correspond in time to the 4th picture by Wilma Bond and scenes from the Mark Bell film. It does not help with the identification of the Babushka Lady, but it may help to be able to determine the timeframe of the Bond photo a little more precisely ??!

With the further speculations / assumptions, it is admittedly much more adventurous.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:33:06 PM by Markus Ell »

Offline Markus Ell

Re: New speculations about the Babushka Lady
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 06:29:03 PM »
Further speculation / mind game:

Maybe Frank Cancellare photographed at least part of the Babushka Lady. In some photos and films (Bond, Bell, probably Paschall) you can see the Babushka Lady and the Newman family opposite her. So I looked at the photos and films in which the Newman family was filmed lying on the floor and looked at the grass edge over the road on the other side.

In a Cancellare photo I noticed people who were about to the waist in the photo. One of them is most likely Mary Moorman, which can be recognized by her striking white shoes. The Babushka Lady could be standing to her right, since you can see more legs with her than with Moorman and Jean Hill (Moorman and Hill wore longer jackets and pants, as you can see at Muchmore). It is a very daring statement, but here is the picture:

Sorry for the somewhat exaggerated size.

If it is actually the Babushka Lady (very large question mark), she is in this picture between Mary Moorman (left of her) and Jean Hill (right of her), which is not a problem according to a photo by Jay Skaggs, because they have the same constellation here.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:32:39 PM by Markus Ell »

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 06:52:45 PM »
I have even bigger problems with my next speculation, that maybe even two cameramen or photographers that Babushka Lady filmed or photographed while Orville Nix filmed Dealey Plaza.

My problem here is that I don't clearly see whether the two people in question are really holding a camera or just lighting a cigarette or maybe just eating something  :-\.

One of the two people (yellow circle) stands for a long time on the marked roadside while many people run. On some frames it looked like I had a camera in front of my face, but as I said, I was extremely unsure.

The second person (blue circle) seems to be filming (if it really is a camera) from a passing blue car. Here, too, I am extremely unsure. Here are the images:

If it is really a cameraman or photographer, does anyone know their names ??? Has your work been published ???

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
I also noticed a person in the Keith Griffith film who, in my opinion, is dressed similarly to Babushka Lady (yellowish / brownish coat and so think of a little pink headscarf). Here are some more photos:

The person in question appears after about 1 minute and 32 seconds and leaves the film after about 1 minute and 42 seconds (or is covered by the Six Floor Museum).
If you want to see the Griffith film, here is the link:

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/12435/keith-griffith-film?ctx=8537b538-360a-4112-a4f3-41c6b9fd0942&idx=0

That the person is dressed similarly to the babushka might still be a fact. However, if you want to claim that this is really the Babushka Lady, you will encounter some problems. On the one hand, probably also because of the distance, you cannot tell whether she has a camera with her and the brown bag and the accompanying bag strap around the jacket are not really recognizable. Furthermore, the question arises whether the Babushka Lady was standing in front of the Texas School Book Depository at all and was filming at the time Griffith was filming.

In addition, I can't pinpoint the exact day that Griffith filmed the School Book Depository. According to the film description of the sixth floor museum, Keith Griffith filmed on November 22, 1963 and later went to Dealey Plaza again later that weekend. Should the Babushka Lady return to the trauma site a day or two later? I do not think so.

In the end, the Bell film also shows a person who is somewhat similar to the Babushka Lady, but the horizontal stripe on the jacket bothers me here. The camera bag and strap are also not recognizable:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 07:40:52 PM by Markus Ell »

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 08:29:26 PM »
As the penultimate mind game, I would like to address the statement by a Kodak executive to researcher Gary Mack. In itself, you could be satisfied that the 30-year-old brunette woman is the Babushka Lady and has done her duty well and consequently gave it to the FBI or Kodak for development, unfortunately the photo was too blurry to be useful as evidence.

However, I find some things strange here (perhaps wrongly). When the Kodak employee testified, I only ever read from "one" photo (please correct me if I misinterpreted something). But if you look at the various pictures of the Babushka Lady, she seems to have held the camera in her hand for a longer period of time and again and again in front of her face. Therefore one can assume that more than one photo was taken, where are these ???

In addition, one side read (unfortunately forgot which) that the Babushka Lady was at Kodak during the time of Zapruder film development, so that due to the distance between Kodak and Dealey Plaza she had to hurry up and therefore not too long at Dealey Plaza could linger. After a few shots she seemed to be a little longer near Dealey Plaza. I do not know if this conflicts with the statement by the Kodak employee?

But if you speculate that the Babushka Lady can also be seen at the end of the Bell film, it will probably be very tight with the Babushka Lady's available time frame.

It is also not entirely clear to me why the name of the lady was not written down at Kodak, after all, like Brehm, Hill, Moorman, she was an important eyewitness.

Furthermore, the question arises what happens to the "blurred image", you would have kept it for safety reasons, since future techniques might still have something to filter out of it, but we have the great image of Weaver and many great snapshots by William Allen, who clearly and unequivocally shows that Lee Harvey Oswald is the only shooter. Here are the links to the really great and super insightful William Allen pictures:

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/2966/image-of-camera-misfire?ctx=389ae798-fba4-4fd7-afe4-769e0d9ded10&idx=0

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/3686/image-of-a-camera-misfire?ctx=389ae798-fba4-4fd7-afe4-769e0d9ded10&idx=11

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/3718/image-of-a-camera-misfire?ctx=389ae798-fba4-4fd7-afe4-769e0d9ded10&idx=10

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/3718/image-of-a-camera-misfire?ctx=389ae798-fba4-4fd7-afe4-769e0d9ded10&idx=10

I can't thank the CIA and the FBI enough for sharing these photos of the day of the assassination. Because the public has a right to the truth (sorry for the stupid sarcasm)!

Offline Markus Ell

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 09:35:17 PM »
Here are the last mind games. Some people keep asking themselves what is so interesting about the Babushka Lady.

Most here in the forum are probably aware that the Babushka Lady was an important witness of the assassination either way. She wasn't too far away when John F. Kennedy hit the deadly bullet. However, she was never identified. One can only speculate about the reasons why one took her pictures (I think she took several). Were your pictures really useless? Did she take pictures at all? Was afraid to hand over the pictures, did not feel like the police, reporters and secret service or was she even eliminated in the event of a possible conspiracy (for me with the worst one can imagine).

But there is still a theory that the Babushka Lady herself is part of a conspiracy and thus also involved in the assassination.

Forum member Keyvan Shahrdar wrote that the Babushka Lady may have given a light signal to possible shooters in the Zapruder film. This post probably refers to a video by Leroy Blevins Sr. (RIP) who made this sensational discovery. I can not say whether it is really a light signal or just a reflection from another light source. For me it almost looks like it comes from a light source from the Babushka Lady herself, which in turn means that she must have deliberately given a signal, since her camera type probably did not have a biltz device underneath the camera.

Nevertheless, a few questions or problems arise for me as a possible co-conspirator with the Babushka Lady.

Her job was to give a light signal, thatīs okay.

The problem with the Babushka Lady is her behavior afterwards. If it were my job to only give a light signal, I would then have behaved like most of the other people and would either have laid on the floor to "protect" me or would have run away to appear as inconspicuous as possible.

But it still stood out like a neon sign at Dealey Plaza, so that the FBI also became aware of it.

If one wanted to assign complicity to the Babushka Lady, one would have to continue the thoughts and possibly assign several tasks to her. Perhaps another task of her was to draw attention to yourself, to at least make it easier for potential shooters to escape. One or the other potential witness or police officer looked at the Babushka Lady in this dangerous situation and perhaps shouted, "Lady are you crazy, do you lie down on the floor or run away quickly?" Thus, the Babushka Lady has at least partially put the focus on herself (I admit that sounds extremely crazy and not exactly credible, but I can't think of a better explanation if one assumes a conspiracy in which the Babushka Lady was involved).

Another task of the lady might have been to look at possible dangerous witnesses, since she stayed at Dealey Plaza and the surrounding area for a relatively long time (again, I admit that this sounds pretty grotesquely adventurous and almost James Bond-like) .

However, as it already is, it is only speculation and mind games that are devoid of any factual basis.

Maybe someone has more plausible ideas about the behavior of the Babushka Lady.

Hope that I didn't get on anyone's nerves with my picture overkill too much and that one or the other forum member could encourage further thoughts.

For some, this post is just garbage, that's okay.

many Greetings

Markus

Mobile View