Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: New speculations about the Babushka Lady  (Read 2701 times)

Offline Markus Ell

New speculations about the Babushka Lady
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:06:42 PM »
Advertisement
Hello everybody,

have long considered whether I should dare this post or not. But since not that much new appeared in the forum, I decided to publish this post.

First of all. These are only speculations and mind games, unfortunately no facts (I wish I could provide them, but ...)

Although the first guess is almost a fact, since I am relatively certain that the Babushka Lady can be seen in the Patsy Paschall film, when she was filming the Dealey Plaza. Here the picture:

I believe that on some versions of the Paschall film you can "recognize" the Newmann Family diagonally opposite the Babushka Lady. This scene could correspond in time to the 4th picture by Wilma Bond and scenes from the Mark Bell film. It does not help with the identification of the Babushka Lady, but it may help to be able to determine the timeframe of the Bond photo a little more precisely ??!

With the further speculations / assumptions, it is admittedly much more adventurous.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:33:06 PM by Markus Ell »

JFK Assassination Forum

New speculations about the Babushka Lady
« on: May 17, 2020, 06:06:42 PM »

Offline Markus Ell

Re: New speculations about the Babushka Lady
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 07:28:52 PM »
I also noticed a person in the Keith Griffith film who, in my opinion, is dressed similarly to Babushka Lady (yellowish / brownish coat and so think of a little pink headscarf). Here are some more photos:

The person in question appears after about 1 minute and 32 seconds and leaves the film after about 1 minute and 42 seconds (or is covered by the Six Floor Museum-Logo).
If you want to see the Griffith film, here is the link:

https://emuseum.jfk.org/objects/12435/keith-griffith-film?ctx=8537b538-360a-4112-a4f3-41c6b9fd0942&idx=0

That the person is dressed similarly to the babushka might still be a fact. However, if you want to claim that this is really the Babushka Lady, you will encounter some problems. On the one hand, probably also because of the distance, you cannot tell whether she has a camera with her and the brown bag and the accompanying bag strap around the jacket are not really recognizable. Furthermore, the question arises whether the Babushka Lady was standing in front of the Texas School Book Depository at all and was filming at the time Griffith was filming.

In addition, I can't pinpoint the exact day that Griffith filmed the School Book Depository. According to the film description of the sixth floor museum, Keith Griffith filmed on November 22, 1963 and later went to Dealey Plaza again later that weekend. Should the Babushka Lady return to the trauma site a day or two later? I do not think so.

In the end, the Bell film also shows a person who is somewhat similar to the Babushka Lady, but the horizontal stripe on the jacket bothers me here. The camera bag and strap are also not recognizable:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 09:22:12 AM by Markus Ell »