Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Smell of Gunpowder and the Smell of Bigfoot  (Read 7315 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Re: The Smell of Gunpowder and the Smell of Bigfoot
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
Advertisement
Looks like the light coloured tree you can see in the Towner Slide 2 to me.

Smoke cloud ?!?:

Towner 2 slide:

And there it is, the “Gun Smoke Cloud Tree” in all its glory.

I believe it was Robert Groden that first used this picture to “prove” that there was a gun smoke cloud hovering over the Grassy Knoll. He had many pictures that he could have used to “prove” this. The problem is that most of these pictures were in color, which clearly show a tree turning yellow in the fall. But a black and which photograph is much harder to interpret. It could be gun smoke cloud, which would be gray, of course. Or it could be a tree that is turning yellow, which would also look gray in the black and white photo. Groden, being the genius that he is, went with a black and white image.

So yes, Nicholas, I think you could be right. The “smoke-cloud” could very well be that light-colored tree seen in the Towner 2 slide. Except it can’t be. Because that tree would be masked by the smoke cloud.

Just kidding.

Has the smokey cloud allegedly in Wiegman frames been debunked?

Yes. In my mind this smokey cloud in the Wiegman frame is debunked. Unless you or someone else wishes to dispute this. Which I don’t expect.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:11:50 PM by Joe Elliott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2020, 05:22:17 PM »

It appears that Nicholas Turner has solved a mystery, at least to my satisfaction.

Below is a frame from the Wiegman film showing the “Smoke Cloud”:

This was discovered by Robert Groden who published this claim in his book “The Killing of a President”.

This claim, on the surface seems dubious because this frame was taken about 7 seconds after the headshot. Could a gun smoke cloud hang around that long?

Maybe it could. Some deeds are so dark that the paranormal may take effect. In these cases, a gun smoke cloud may hang around for several seconds, perhaps much longer, as a sign to any passerby of the dark deed that was committed there. Indeed, there are some who hold that this dark cloud may hang over the Grassy Knoll to this day.

However, Nicholas Turner has pointed out the Towner 2 slide:

I believe it was Robert Groden that first used this picture to “prove” that there was a gun smoke cloud hovering over the Grassy Knoll. He had many pictures that he could have used to “prove” this. The problem is that most of these pictures were in color, which clearly show a tree turning yellow in the fall. But a black and which photograph is much harder to interpret. It could be gun smoke cloud, which would be gray, of course. Or it could be a tree that is turning yellow, which would also look gray in the black and white photo. Groden, being the genius that he is, went with a black and white image.

Question:

Does anyone know if this tree is still there?

From time to time, people on this forum state that they are going to visit Dallas and intent to take some pictures of Dealey Plaza while they are there. The next LNer to visit in November should check to see if the tree is still there and if so, get a picture of himself under the Gun Smoke Cloud Tree. It would be great if you can get some black and white shots as well as the usual color shots.

And even better if you can get a picture of you and Robert Groden under the tree. I believe he can be found at the Plaza from time to time. No, you should skip the Groden part because you would have to slip him a 20. But, if you can skip the payment part and just drag him over to the tree, that would be great.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »
It appears that Nicholas Turner has solved a mystery, at least to my satisfaction.

Below is a frame from the Wiegman film showing the “Smoke Cloud”:

This was discovered by Robert Groden who published this claim in his book “The Killing of a President”.

This claim, on the surface seems dubious because this frame was taken about 7 seconds after the headshot. Could a gun smoke cloud hang around that long?

Maybe it could. Some deeds are so dark that the paranormal may take effect. In these cases, a gun smoke cloud may hang around for several seconds, perhaps much longer, as a sign to any passerby of the dark deed that was committed there. Indeed, there are some who hold that this dark cloud may hang over the Grassy Knoll to this day.

However, Nicholas Turner has pointed out the Towner 2 slide:

Question:

Does anyone know if this tree is still there?

From time to time, people on this forum state that they are going to visit Dallas and intent to take some pictures of Dealey Plaza while they are there. The next LNer to visit in November should check to see if the tree is still there and if so, get a picture of himself under the Gun Smoke Cloud Tree. It would be great if you can get some black and white shots as well as the usual color shots.

And even better if you can get a picture of you and Robert Groden under the tree. I believe he can be found at the Plaza from time to time. No, you should skip the Groden part because you would have to slip him a 20. But, if you can skip the payment part and just drag him over to the tree, that would be great.

"Is that tree still there?"

I believe it was cut down years ago, burned, and went up in smoke, just like this waste-of-time thread is doing as I type this.

Talk about reinventing the square wheel ...

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:20:15 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2020, 06:19:10 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:23:49 PM by Jerry Freeman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »
Thread: Car smells like Gunpowder
http://www.grandprixforums.com/3-8l-v6-naturally-aspirated-l36-l26-/107444-car-smells-like-gunpowder.html
Jonnyboy1129

Hey y'all I've got an 02 that's been sitting for roughly 5 months. I went to start it and the battery was dead so I slapped a new one in and now it will start and run for about .8 seconds and shut itself off. If I get on the gas I can keep it running but barely. It won't go over 4k and it sounds like it's missing. I did find a short in the #2 plug wire so I changed the ICM, all of the coil packs, ignition wires and plugs. But none of that helped. I checked the fuel pressure and it's fine so the pump and filter are ok. Also i hook up a code reader to erase codes and I can't get a connection to the engine. And to top all of that off when I keep the accelerator down the exhaust smells like gunpowder.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 08:55:24 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 08:52:01 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2020, 09:12:30 PM »
The premise of this thread is a non sequitur. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your premise that the smell of a bigfoot is akin to the smell of gun powder from a puff of smoke, which some CTs saw in a 57 year old, B/W, grainy, overexposed photo allegedly taken 7 seconds after the headshot, and your analogy was intended to suggest that witnesses who smelled smoke were having olfactory hallucinations (phantosmia), and you attempted to link the 2 by suggesting that if bigfoot smell is phantosmia because bigfoot doesn't exist, then the gun powder smell wasn't real, because there was no knoll shooter? (whew) If that's about right then your non sequitur faulty analogy is also circular. We have a BINGO!

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2020, 10:10:56 PM »
The premise of this thread is a non sequitur. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is your premise that the smell of a bigfoot is akin to the smell of gun powder from a puff of smoke, which some CTs saw in a 57 year old, B/W, grainy, overexposed photo allegedly taken 7 seconds after the headshot, and your analogy was intended to suggest that witnesses who smelled smoke were having olfactory hallucinations (phantosmia), and you attempted to link the 2 by suggesting that if bigfoot smell is phantosmia because bigfoot doesn't exist, then the gun powder smell wasn't real, because there was no knoll shooter? (whew) If that's about right then your non sequitur faulty analogy is also circular. We have a BINGO!

What knoll shooter?

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:14:50 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2020, 10:10:56 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2020, 10:16:09 PM »
What knoll shooter?

The one who shot the musket.

D'oh

--  MWT  ;)