Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Smell of Gunpowder and the Smell of Bigfoot  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

The Smell of Gunpowder and the Smell of Bigfoot
« on: May 15, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »
Advertisement

It is common in Bigfoot sightings to not only see some large dark shape, particularly at night but to also smell a very strong, unmistakable odor. This is strange because there are strong logical reasons to believe that Bigfoot does not exist.

No remains of Bigfoot have ever been found. No Bigfoot has ever been run over by a car or a logging truck. About a half dozen black bears get run over by cars each year in Yosemite Park alone, a tiny fraction of the Western Wilderness. But no Bigfoot. No hunter has ever killed a Bigfoot.

Science has made it much easier to find Bigfoot. With DNA testing. A blood sample, hairs, even stool samples, when found, will betray the presence of an unknown ape specie, must closely related to man, or maybe an orangutan.

Do bears go in the woods? Of course they do. Their scat is often found. Do Bigfoot go in the woods? Apparently not, as one would expect of a non-existent animal. Or one that makes extensive use of public restrooms.

Even mosquitoes can be enlisted. One can capture hundreds of mosquitoes, sequence the blood within them and get a good idea of what mammals live in the area. But it seems that even the mosquitoes can’t find Bigfoot.

Clearly Bigfoot does not exist. And yet its smell is very commonly associated with Bigfoot sightings? What is the explanation? People see a large dark shape moving in the dark. It is really a bear, or another person, or some other animal. There minds think it’s a Bigfoot. They remember hearing that Bigfoots have a very strong smell. They check for conformation and sure enough, they smell a very strong, unmistakable, foul, pungent odor. I would explain this by saying they are smelling what they expect to smell. But that there is, in most cases, no strong odor, no nearby skunk. just their imagination.

What is the most likely explanation of witnesses smelling gunpowder at Dealey Plaza? Something similar. They think they hear gunshots. Indeed, they have heard gunshots. They check for conformation. They find conformation. They can smell the gun smoke.

This is surprising. They are not next to any gunmen on a calm day. They are a long way from the sniper’s nest, on a day with the wind blowing at 10 to 15 mph. Even if one believes there were multiple gunmen, they should not be smelling any gun smoke.

This is further conformation of what skeptics have been saying all along. Eyewitnesses, Earwitnesses, Nose witnesses, are not reliable. Whether they are trained policemen, trained pilots or whatever, people are easily mistaken. They can see, hear or smell what the expect to see, hear or smell. Such evidence is unreliable.

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: May 15, 2020, 02:16:18 PM »

Online Robert Reeves

Re: The Smell of Gunpowder and the Smell of Bigfoot
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 02:58:05 PM »
Has the smokey cloud allegedly in Wiegman frames been debunked?

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »
Has the smokey cloud allegedly in Wiegman frames been debunked?

Another issue connected to this still frame is the Brake Lights we see on the National Press Pool Car. Why if the JFK Limo & the Queen Mary are Moving and going underneath the Triple Underpass well ahead of the cars behind them, do we see the Press Pool Car hitting the Brakes? What is STOPPING/Slowing Down the Press Pool Car and the cars in Front of it? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 10:41:03 PM »

I smell nothhhing.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 01:35:21 AM »

As usual, CTers are dodging the main point of my initial post. “The Smell of Gunpowder” has been used a lot to “prove” multiple gunmen. But, when challenged on this point, the response seems to be something like:

** The smell of gunpowder issue doesn’t matter because we have a clear picture of gun-smoke. You do?

Or:

** The smell of gunpowder issue doesn’t matter because the limousine braked, proving a conspiracy. Does it?

I would find it believable that a witness could smell gunpowder if they were in the same bunker or room a gunman fired from. Or they were outdoors and quite close to a gunman on a very calm and still day. But not believable that they would smell gunpowder from over 50 feet away on a day the wind was blowing 10 to 15 mph.

Basically, instead of just changing the subject, I would like the CTers to address two claims I make.

Claim 1: Witnesses who report seeing a Bigfoot and smelling the very strong pungent odor from it, did not actually smell a huge hairy ape but only smelled what they expected to smell.

Claim 2: Witnesses who report smelling gunpowder at Dealey Plaza did not actually smell gunpowder in the 10 to 15 mph breeze that was blowing that day but only smelled what they expected to smell.

Can anyone come up with a good argument against either claim?

Include a possible location, not the definitive location, but a possible location for the gunman that is favorable to the “smelling gunpowder” theory. Give the distance you think the witness was from the gunman whose gunpowder they smelled. The wind was blowing from the southwest, blowing northeast. The limousine was driving directly into the wind. Was the “gunpower” witness downwind from a possible location of the gunman?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 01:35:21 AM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 01:46:18 AM »
As usual, CTers are dodging the main point of my initial post. “The Smell of Gunpowder” has been used a lot to “prove” multiple gunmen. But, when challenged on this point, the response seems to be something like:

** The smell of gunpowder issue doesn’t matter because we have a clear picture of gun-smoke. You do?

Or:

** The smell of gunpowder issue doesn’t matter because the limousine braked, proving a conspiracy. Does it?

I would find it believable that a witness could smell gunpowder if they were in the same bunker or room a gunman fired from. Or they were outdoors and quite close to a gunman on a very calm and still day. But not believable that they would smell gunpowder from over 50 feet away on a day the wind was blowing 10 to 15 mph.

Basically, instead of just changing the subject, I would like the CTers to address two claims I make.

Claim 1: Witnesses who report seeing a Bigfoot and smelling the very strong pungent odor from it, did not actually smell a huge hairy ape but only smelled what they expected to smell.

Claim 2: Witnesses who report smelling gunpowder at Dealey Plaza did not actually smell gunpowder in the 10 to 15 mph breeze that was blowing that day but only smelled what they expected to smell.

Can anyone come up with a good argument against either claim?

Include a possible location, not the definitive location, but a possible location for the gunman that is favorable to the “smelling gunpowder” theory. Give the distance you think the witness was from the gunman whose gunpowder they smelled. The wind was blowing from the southwest, blowing northeast. The limousine was driving directly into the wind. Was the “gunpower” witness downwind from a possible location of the gunman?

Have the Wiegman frames showing smoke hovering over the grassy knoll been debunked or not? you posted this topic: you should know the the facts concerning this topic. Now answer the question. Stop blathering your anti-conspiracy windbag theories and just address the question.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 03:09:58 AM »

Have the Wiegman frames showing smoke hovering over the grassy knoll been debunked or not? you posted this topic: you should know the the facts concerning this topic. Now answer the question. Stop blathering your anti-conspiracy windbag theories and just address the question.

You keep dodging my questions. But even though you have changed the subject of this thread, I will answer yours.

No, I don’t believe the Wiegman frames show smoke. I think people see the things they want to see, like smoke.

Can you show me a picture of a modern rifle producing smoke from one shot? Even in a 10 to 15 mph breeze. Or are the Dealey Plaza pictures the only pictures where this phenomenon can be observed.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 03:09:58 AM »

Online Robert Reeves

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 03:40:11 AM »
No, I don’t believe the Wiegman frames show smoke. I think people see the things they want to see, like smoke.

Excuse me? do you not see the alleged smoke in the photo? I have added alleged because even I am not convinced. But I could see why some might add this photo to the statements of witnesses that saw a puff of smoke lingering by the picket fence and conclude this is strong evidence of a shooter from that position.