Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: This is how the rifle was gotten into the building  (Read 32314 times)

Online Gerry Down

Re: This is how the rifle was gotten into the building
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »
Advertisement
Except they don't.  Pat Speer dispensed with that notion quite nicely.

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter-4c

So the palm print was not around the end of the bag (which would corroborate Fraziers account of the way Oswald carried the bag)?

I always thought it was, of course i was listening mostly to people who dont know what they're talking about so i guess i get what i deserve.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »
Friends, note the date on this document---------------the day after two curtain rods were submitted by Agent Howlett to Lt. Day to be tested for Mr Oswald's fingerprints!

The WC ask the FBI's help in examining the Beckley room but not in examining the primary site of interest-------------the Paine garage? What shenanigans!

The FBI is checking on whether Oswald's room already had curtain rods to determine if there could be a reason to take such rods to that location.  Per what Oswald told Frazier.  Guess what?  He already had curtain rods there.  So he didn't need any.  Now make like Sherlock Holmes and try to think about the implication of that for any claim that he had curtain rods that morning.  The ones Oswald himself denied he was carrying.  Oswald takes an entirely unexpected trip to Irving on Thursday to get curtain rods he doesn't need.  Why not wait until the weekend per his usual schedule?  What was the urgency to obtain curtain rods on Thursday/Friday?  LOL

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2020, 07:30:52 PM »
The FBI is checking on whether Oswald's room already had curtain rods to determine if there could be a reason to take such rods to that location.  Per what Oswald told Frazier.  Guess what?  He already had curtain rods there.  So he didn't need any.  Now make like Sherlock Holmes and try to think about the implication of that for any claim that he had curtain rods that morning.  The ones Oswald himself denied he was carrying.  Oswald takes an entirely unexpected trip to Irving on Thursday to get curtain rods he doesn't need.  Why not wait until the weekend per his usual schedule?  What was the urgency to obtain curtain rods on Thursday/Friday?  LOL

Oswald takes an entirely unexpected trip to Irving on Thursday to get curtain rods he doesn't need.  Why not wait until the weekend per his usual schedule?

Because there was no such thing as a usual schedule! If there had been one, he would have been in Irving the previous weekend also, but he wasn't. And yes, I know, Marina did not want him to come then, which may well explain that he wanted to go on Thursday to (1) see his kids and (2) pre-empt Marina telling him again he shouldn't come.

The curtain rods story may well be just that; a story to explain his trip, because he did not want to share his marital problems with a 19 year old kid. Would you tell a co-worker that you are going to see your wife to ask her to come back and live with you again? I seriously doubt it!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2020, 07:30:52 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2020, 08:09:27 PM »
Like "Richard" actually knows what Oswald did or did not "need".

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »
The FBI is checking on whether Oswald's room already had curtain rods to determine if there could be a reason to take such rods to that location.

Nope! The WC are suddenly interested in curtain rods and, just one day after two curtain rods are given to the DPD for testing for Mr Oswald's fingerprints, are asking the FBI to help them with something.

Mr Rankin, in asking the FBI to "check out this story fully", bizarrely fails to mention the two curtain rods being fingerprinted; bizarrely fails to ask the FBI to determine whether any curtain rods were missing from the Paine home... Why not? Because all he wants from the FBI is help in closing the story down.

If you weren't incapable of independent critical thinking, Mr Smith, you would have seen this yourself without needing it explained to you!

How is your '275' and '276' explanation coming along by the way? Do let me know if you need assistance!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2020, 10:11:05 PM »
It's unfortunate for these nuts that even "Mr. Oswald" denied carrying any curtain rods or long package.  So Oswald himself takes issue with Frazier's claim.
>>>"It's unfortunate for these nuts"<<<
Several rice patty hats could be woven with this abundance of straw. Can Mr Smith eat that many?
According to Oswald he had no curtain rods or long package.  Just his lunch.  So Frazier's estimate of the size of a long bag is pointless unless you believe Oswald is lying for some unspecified reason about the curtain rods/long bag that Frazier indicates that he was carrying.  And it obviously makes no sense at all for Oswald to lie about carrying some curtain rods that morning.  In fact, it would have helped his situation to direct the police to that bag. 
 And a long bag is found at the crime scene with Oswald's prints on them.  That bag is measured which confirms that it actually is a bit longer than Frazier's estimate.   
What sack full of crap :D
Does anyone see some prints on this paper bag? Not enough room in it for the crap in the post I just quoted.

Well Lt Day didn't either----
Mr. DAY. This is the sack found on the sixth floor in the southeast corner of the building on November 22, 1963.
Mr. BELIN. Do you have any identification on that to so indicate?
Mr. DAY. It has my name on it, and it also has other writing that I put on there for the information of the FBI.
Mr. BELIN. Could you read what you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. "Found next to the sixth floor window gun fired from. May have been used to carry gun. Lieutenant J. C. Day."
Mr. BELIN. When did you write that?
Mr. DAY. I wrote that at the time the sack was found before it left our possession.
Mr. BELIN. All right, anything else that you wrote on there?
Mr. DAY. When the sack was released on November 22 to the FBI about 11:45 p.m., I put further information to the FBI reading as follows: "FBI: Has been dusted with metallic magnetic powder on outside only. Inside has not been processed. Lieut J. C. Day."
Mr. BELIN. Did you find anything, any print of any kind, in connection with the processing of this?
Mr. DAY. No legible prints were found with the powder, no.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know whether any legible prints were found by any other means or any other place?
Mr. DAY. There is a legible print on it now. They were on there when it was returned to me from the FBI on November 24.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know by what means they found these?
Mr. DAY. It is apparently silver nitrate. It could be another compound they have used. The sack had an orange color indicating it was silver nitrate.
Mr. BELIN. You mean the sack when it came back from the FBI had a----
Mr. DAY. Orange color. It is another method of processing paper for fingerprints.
Mr. BELIN. Was there anything inside the bag, if you know, when you found it?
Mr. DAY. I did not open the bag. I did not look inside of the bag at all.
Mr. BELIN. What did you do with the bag after you found it and you put this writing on after you dusted it?
Mr. DAY. I released it to the FBI agent.
  On the afternoon of November 24, hours after Oswald was killed in the basement of the Dallas Police Department, the rifle was returned to Dallas. Two days later, the rifle was again returned to Washington. No plausible reason was given why the weapon should be taken back to Dallas. Is there a reason? The  corpse  of  Lee  Oswald  was  taken  to  Miller  Funeral  Home  after  he  was  declared  dead  on November  24  and  before  he  was  buried  on November  25.  The  Director of the  Funeral Home, Paul Groody, stated that the FBI came to fingerprint Oswald’s corpse while it was in his Funeral Home. He even had to remove the ‘dirt’ from Oswald’s fingers afterwards. FBI  agent Richard Harrison  said  he  had  personally  driven  an  FBI  agent  AND  the  rifle  to  the  Funeral  Home.Harrison said  he  ‘understood that the agent  intended to  place  Oswald’s  palm print  on the rifle FOR  COMPARISON  PURPOSES.  Why  this  was  done  is *unclear: Oswald  was  fingerprinted while in police-custody and these prints were in perfect order, thus eliminating the need to take new fingerprints. After these  new prints were taken,  the rifle was  returned to  Washington and Lt. Day suddenly released his data of having found a palm print on the rifle as early as November 22. Three days later, the palm print arrived at the FBI in Washington and Latona identified this palm print as the right palm print of Lee Harvey Oswald. However, he was unable to determine the time elapsed since the placing of the print and the date of the lift. Perhaps this was just as well since there is a reasonable chance the print  was placed  only when the  FBI  fingerprinted Oswald’s corpse,  not when the rifle was allegedly fired in Dealey Plaza.
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.452.2775&rep=rep1&type=pdf
                                                 *I think it seems quite clear.
Still after all the sneaky tactics to assure there were prints to be found....there were yet none reported where the paper bag was supposedly gripped.
The FBI wound up screwing the pooch after all  :D

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:47 AM »
Outstanding! :D

So Oswald cannot be sure of the "exact" length of Oswald's long paper bag.

I must stop multitasking: It's distracting.

The statement is still true... in a way.

On the old forum, I had a Subject about Oswald's reason for making the long-ish paper bag too short to conceal the Carcano rifle "ready to shoot". It suggested (speculated?) that Oswald mistakenly thought he had a 36" rifle as per the Kleins Sporting Goods advertisement in the February 1962 issue of "The American Rifleman". He was shipped a similar, rifle that was 40.2" long. This is a possible explanation for Oswald making a bag that required the Carcano to be disassembled to fully conceal it in the bag. Oswald did not measure his Carcano rifle as far as we know. Oswald probably "estimated" the length of the piece of paper used to make the bag. In folding the paper to make a secure "bottom" of the bag he most likely did not make precise measurements. It's doubtful that Oswald knew the "exact" length of his long-ish paper bag. So my statement--although unintended--is possibly true.

Incidentally, Frazier cannot be sure of the exact length of Oswald's long paper bag.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:37:15 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2020, 01:31:47 AM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2020, 01:38:23 AM »
Outstanding! :D

YES, I must!!!!!!!!!!