Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: This is how the rifle was gotten into the building  (Read 30170 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: This is how the rifle was gotten into the building
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2020, 08:01:52 AM »
Advertisement
There is no "rule-book of the Universe" that says "2 estimates must be accurate if they are the same". The 2 estimates could both be inaccurate.

If they are off who is to say the sack wasn't smaller?

22" and holding a apple and cheese sandwich.

They were under a lot of pressure.

The natural instinct would have been to exaggerate the length to satisfy LE.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2020, 08:01:52 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2020, 03:04:56 PM »
A discrepancy of 8 inches is accounted for by the fact that Randle and Frazier did not "measure" Oswald's package: they ESTIMATED its length.

It's also "accounted for" by the bag Frazier and Randle saw not being CE 142 and not being long enough to hold the alleged murder weapon.

It's not just the length of the bag that there is a discrepancy over.  Frazier said the paper was flimsier.

An unsupported opinion about how it could have happened is hardly a "checkmate".

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »
A 5 or 6 foot long package!!!

That's too long for a 40 inch Carcano rifle.

Perhaps the assassination was accomplished with a bazooka.

:D

"OK boys, the morning Kennedy comes into town we're gonna get the rifle into the building by delivering it in a box."
"Sounds good, boss. I gotta 5-footer that'd do the job just perfect..."
"You CRAZY? No one's gonna look at that and think it's the perfect size for a rifle. And it'd be mighty unecological to go wasting all that cardboard."
"Gee, boss, never thought a that. I'll go get us a box that's look just right for carrying a rifle."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
Cool your jets, Mr Smith-------it's not my fault you can't explain away the document!  :D

Now! Perhaps you could tell us where the WC exhibit numbers 275 & 276 came from?

As usual, Mr Smith runs for the hills!  :D

Anyone else want to explain how two curtain rods were already "marked 275 & 276" eight days before they were officially received into evidence and "marked" 275 & 276 by the WC?

EXHIBIT A!

EXHIBIT B!

Paine garage, 23 March 1964:

Mr. JENNER - May we take these curtain rods and mark them as exhibits and we will return them after they have been placed of record?
Mrs. PAINE - All right.
Mr. JENNER - Miss Reporter, the cream colored curtain rod, we will mark Ruth Paine Exhibit 275 and the white one as Ruth Paine Exhibit No. 276.
(The curtain rods referred to were at this time marked by the reporter as Ruth Paine Exhibit Nos. 275 and 276, for identification.)

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »
Cool your jets, Mr Smith-------it's not my fault you can't explain away the document!  :D

Now! Perhaps you could tell us where the WC exhibit numbers 275 & 276 came from?

They came from the WC.  Now your turn.  Why would "Mr. Oswald" himself deny carrying any curtain rods that day when it would have helped his situation to explain the package he carried that morning (i.e. demonstrating that it didn't contain a rifle)?  Why would the authorities who were framing Oswald in your fantasy on their own motion suddenly decide to bring the curtain rods to light and test them for his fingerprints?  Waiting...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 03:46:35 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 05:34:54 PM »
They came from the WC.

When do you think the WC decided to call them '275 & 276', Mr Smith? And why those numbers? What was 'Ruth Paine Exhibit 1'?

Thumb1:

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 05:28:08 AM »
Linnie Mae Randle poses the real problem here. She got a clearer view of the package than Frazier and her description of a package is closer to the 27 inches she remembers. I dont know why this is and opens the possibility the rifle got in to the TSBD some other way:
"She got a clearer view of the package than Frazier"
How do you figure that? Did she go out to the car and look real good?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2020, 05:28:08 AM »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2020, 11:51:30 PM »

I'm a busy boy these days but I seem to recall a memo in which these rods were explained. As I recall Belin was out at the Paine house with some members of the DPD, when he asked Mrs. Paine if she'd actually had any curtain rods. When she told him yes, and showed him the rods, he decided it was best if they checked the rods to see if there was any evidence Oswald had handled them.

That's they way I recall it, anyhow. If my recollection is accurate, well, then, that would explain why the DPD knew the exhibit numbers.

I hope somebody with more time clears this up.