Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question for CTers: Who is the best ballistic expert ?  (Read 4427 times)

Offline Paul May

Re: Question for CTers: Who is the best ballistic expert ?
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »
Advertisement
Duncan MacPherson, author of “Bullet Penetration”, the seminal book on wound ballistics offered this constructive comment:

“The major frustrating feature of the Kennedy assassination phenomenon is the willingness of people to pretend to talk authoritatively on subjects they know absolutely nothing about, especially things related to firearms”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 01:05:21 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 01:28:18 AM »
Duncan MacPherson, author of “Bullet Penetration”, the seminal book on wound ballistics offered this constructive comment:

“The major frustrating feature of the Kennedy assassination phenomenon is the willingness of people to pretend to talk authoritatively on subjects they know absolutely nothing about, especially things related to firearms”.
Did he mention ballistic/firearms experts Gerald Ford and David Belin? The inventors of the ridiculous single bullet theory in the first place. There can be only one shooter therefore there can be only one bullet. What is called constructive there... I call gullible.

Offline Paul May

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 01:48:45 AM »
Did he mention ballistic/firearms experts Gerald Ford and David Belin? The inventors of the ridiculous single bullet theory in the first place. There can be only one shooter therefore there can be only one bullet. What is called constructive there... I call gullible.

Who exactly considers Ford and/or Belin to be firearms/ballistic experts? Please be specific.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 01:48:45 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 05:48:45 AM »
What can the ballistic experts tell you anyway? This one is straightforward. Prove that there is a straight-line path from the 6th floor into JFK's back, out his throat and into Connally. This involves an easy peasy experiment that anyone can do. Try it yourself using 2 lasers pointed at each other and get in between them as shown below. Position yourself so that the lasers point to the entrance and exit wounds according to the autopsy photos, then post your results and make us CTs eat crow. I've suggested this definitive challenge for years now and still no takers.

But I must warn you, every LNer that has actually done this experiment doesn't post here anymore.

Offline Brian Roselle

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »
Jack,

Wouldn't the relative seating orientation of Connally also be important to the laser demonstration here besides only showing the angle was 16 deg.?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 03:26:12 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
Who exactly considers Ford and/or Belin to be firearms/ballistic experts? Please be specific.
I miswrote Belin...so erase him and put Specter.
Sarcasm was my intent...But then I think you knew that.
Ford moved the entry around to fit the theory----
http://www.jfklancer.com/Ford-Rankin.html
The solution created by Commission counsel Arlen Specter was to posit that both men had been hit by a single shot which entered JFK's upper back,
https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Single_Bullet_Theory.html
Otherwise it was a pretty stupid question.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 12:35:57 AM »
Jack,

Wouldn't the relative seating orientation of Connally also be important to the laser demonstration here besides only showing the angle was 16 deg.?

Yes, the seating orientation of Connally is crucial. Also, the angle was 17 degrees. My point is that it is up to YOU as a surrogate to orient yourself any damn way you please to make the Magic Bullet work. You can slouch or bend forward anyway you like as long as you match JFK's body orientation at the time the Magic Bullet struck him.

You can include Connally into the mix if you like and I can show you how to do that once you get past the Magic Bullet's trajectory thru JFK. The lasers are just a tool to determine the entry/exit wounds of the Magic Bullet, which none of the ballistic experts bothered to utilize in their analyses. They are given way too much credit to sort out the geometry involved. They typically aren't physicists who can calculate bullet trajectories.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 12:35:57 AM »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 12:54:39 AM »
Yes, the seating orientation of Connally is crucial. Also, the angle was 17 degrees. My point is that it is up to YOU as a surrogate to orient yourself any damn way you please to make the Magic Bullet work. You can slouch or bend forward anyway you like as long as you match JFK's body orientation at the time the Magic Bullet struck him.

You can include Connally into the mix if you like and I can show you how to do that once you get past the Magic Bullet's trajectory thru JFK. The lasers are just a tool to determine the entry/exit wounds of the Magic Bullet, which none of the ballistic experts bothered to utilize in their analyses. They are given way too much credit to sort out the geometry involved. They typically aren't physicists who can calculate bullet trajectories.

That’s actually what they do. Forensics ballistics experts specialize in looking at anything that has to do with firearms, from the identification of a specific round or weapon to determining the trajectory of a bullet. Ballistics experts can identify the caliber of a firearm's round and, with the help of national databases, can learn where the bullet was manufactured and possibly even the gun that fired it.