Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question for CTers: Who is the best ballistic expert ?  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Joe Elliott

Question for CTers: Who is the best ballistic expert ?
« on: May 04, 2020, 02:57:58 AM »
Advertisement

LNers have had excellent support from the true ballistic experts over the years. Most recently, to quote Dale Myers website on FAQ, December 2019:

The December issue of the American Journal of Forensic Medicine and Pathology (Vol. 40, No. 4, pp.336-346) features an important article by respected firearms examiner and author Lucien C. “Luke” Haag that explores the unique characteristics of the ammunition used by Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK assassination and offers a clearer understanding of the ballistic principles that resulted in the president’s death.

Haag, a former Criminalist and Technical Director of the Phoenix Crime Laboratory, with over 50-years of experience in the field of criminalistics and forensic firearms examination, and author of over 200 scientific papers dealing with the effects and behavior of projectiles, brings his first-hand knowledge and testing to bear on questions surrounding the single-bullet theory and Kennedy’s fatal head wound.

Who is the best ballistic expert who supports the CT side? That CE-399 could not have wounded both Connally and JFK.

By which I mean a true ballistic expert. Not a self-proclaimed expert, of which CTers can name several. Someone like a Luke Haag. Former Technical Director of the Phoenix Crime Laboratory. Author of over 200 scientific papers on ballistics. And who has testified in court as a ballistic expert.

Is there anyone equivalent in America on the CT side? Who says CE-399 could not have done it?

Or, if the Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy controls all of them, how about someone in Canada? In Europe? Or in Japan or India? Are they all controlled by this Large=Secret-Enduring Conspiracy?

JFK Assassination Forum

« on: May 04, 2020, 02:57:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Question for CTers: Who is the best ballistic expert ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 03:12:47 AM »

LNers have had excellent support from the true ballistic experts over the years. Most recently, to quote Dale Myers website on FAQ, December 2019:

Who is the best ballistic expert who supports the CT side? That CE-399 could not have wounded both Connally and JFK.

By which I mean a true ballistic expert. Not a self-proclaimed expert, of which CTers can name several. Someone like a Luke Haag. Former Technical Director of the Phoenix Crime Laboratory. Author of over 200 scientific papers on ballistics. And who has testified in court as a ballistic expert.

Is there anyone equivalent in America on the CT side? Who says CE-399 could not have done it?

Or, if the Large-Secret-Enduring Conspiracy controls all of them, how about someone in Canada? In Europe? Or in Japan or India? Are they all controlled by this Large=Secret-Enduring Conspiracy?

A pointless question unless you can first prove that the bullet now in evidence as CE399 (1) was indeed fired from the MC rifle on 11/22/63 and (2) is the same bullet that Tomlinson found on a stretcher at Parkland Hospital.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 06:10:07 AM »
  :-\
Marine snipers are considered among the best shots in the world so why ask some ballistic expert that can't hit crap?
There have been experts who were willing to stand on their head and say "Yeah Oswald could have easily done it".
Page 86---  https://books.google.com/books?id=1rjbdQ2hzfoC&pg=PA86&lpg=PA86&dq=duplicate+oswald+shots&source=bl&ots=l4tBJKqiXW&sig=ACfU3U2poBRrJFGDyZpI2ZN9d6_kvkO2Ow&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjJgbS2tJnpAhUC5awKHYGEBg84FBDoATACegQIBxAB#v=onepage&q=

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 06:10:07 AM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 07:40:34 AM »

A pointless question unless you can first prove that the bullet now in evidence as CE399 (1) was indeed fired from the MC rifle on 11/22/63 and (2) is the same bullet that Tomlinson found on a stretcher at Parkland Hospital.

CTers have argued that just on the basis of the condition of CE399, it could not have wounded both men. Have CTers been lying to us about this? If not, where is the true ballistic expert who argues so. So far you have named none.

I guess you could argue that it doesn’t matter if CTers have been lying to us about the condition of CE 399 precluding it from being the bullet that wounded both men. If it turned out there are other reasons we can discount the SBT. But I tend to conclude that if CTers have been lying to us that the condition of CE 399 precludes it from wounding both men, then they are lying to us about other issues as well.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »
CTers have argued that just on the basis of the condition of CE399, it could not have wounded both men. Have CTers been lying to us about this? If not, where is the true ballistic expert who argues so. So far you have named none.

I guess you could argue that it doesn’t matter if CTers have been lying to us about the condition of CE 399 precluding it from being the bullet that wounded both men. If it turned out there are other reasons we can discount the SBT. But I tend to conclude that if CTers have been lying to us that the condition of CE 399 precludes it from wounding both men, then they are lying to us about other issues as well.

CTers have argued that just on the basis of the condition of CE399, it could not have wounded both men. Have CTers been lying to us about this?

I've never argued that, because that would be pointless as long as I can not be sure that the bullet now in evidence as CE399 was in fact fired by the MC rifle on 11/22/63. Others may have other opinions... Having an opinion is something else than lying.

Your question isn't even a fair one. Of course a bullet could wound two men, IMO, but that's not the question that needs to be asked if one is truly interested in the truth. You should be asking if a bullet could have caused all the wounds in both men and still come out nearly undamaged. I wouldn't want to rely on the opinion of a ballistics expert to make that determination.

But, for the sake of argument, let me ask you this; has any ballistics expert ever been able to reproduce the event and achieve the same result?

I guess you could argue that it doesn’t matter if CTers have been lying to us about the condition of CE 399 precluding it from being the bullet that wounded both men. If it turned out there are other reasons we can discount the SBT.

As the SBT relies completely on CE399 being fired by the MC rifle on 11/22/63, you first need to establish the veracity and evidentiary value of the bullet now in evidence as CE399. If you can't the SBT is already discounted!

But I tend to conclude that if CTers have been lying to us that the condition of CE 399 precludes it from wounding both men, then they are lying to us about other issues as well.

Which is exactly where you wanted to go with this thread. It is also the reason you prefer to assume that CE399 was indeed the bullet found by Tomlinson, rather than dealing with the evidentiary problems that go along with that bullet.

So, I conclude this entire thread is agenda driven and completely disingenuous.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 12:17:26 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 12:10:18 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 11:40:07 PM »
Dr. Robert Shaw, Governor Connally's physician, says that CE 399, the "Magic Bullet",
could not have caused the wounds he saw and treated in Governor Connally.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »
"explores the unique characteristics of the ammunition used by Lee Harvey Oswald in JFK assassination"

LOL.

If the best your experts can do is say that CE399 could have wounded both men, then there's really no need to go any farther.  Because that would also mean that it could have not wounded both men.  Or anybody.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 09:56:24 PM »
Didn't the government fire bullets in cadavers and other hard bony objects and they were never able to replicate a bullet as clean as the one in the Archives?