Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 2 Tid-bits on the Tippit shooting  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Gerry Down

2 Tid-bits on the Tippit shooting
« on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »
Advertisement
Michael Brownlow has interviewed people who claimed to have seen the Tippit shooting. These people are not mentioned in the WC report. In the following video (from 24 minutes to 28 minutes) Mr. Brownlow mentions two little known pieces of information about the Tippit shooting:

1 - A Ms. Phillips says she heard Tippit tut the horn at Oswald to get him to stop walking on the sidewalk on 10th street.
2 - That Oswald attempted to walk up the alleyway between the two houses where Tippit stopped him. And it was as Oswald attempted to walk up this alleyway that Tippit stopped him. This is the same alleyway where one eyewitness says a second police car was parked (Oswalds getaway car perhaps?)

Don't know how accurate these eyewitness accounts are. Does anyone know who this Ms. Phillips is? Is she referenced in any book or anywhere online?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:23:04 PM by Gerry Down »

JFK Assassination Forum

2 Tid-bits on the Tippit shooting
« on: April 26, 2020, 09:21:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: 2 Tid-bits on the Tippit shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:03:51 PM »
Michael Brownlow has interviewed people who claimed to have seen the Tippit shooting. These people are not mentioned in the WC report. In the following video (from 24 minutes to 28 minutes) Mr. Brownlow mentions two little known pieces of information about the Tippit shooting:

1 - A Ms. Phillips says she heard Tippit tut the horn at Oswald to get him to stop walking on the sidewalk on 10th street.
2 - That Oswald attempted to walk up the alleyway between the two houses where Tippit stopped him. And it was as Oswald attempted to walk up this alleyway that Tippit stopped him. This is the same alleyway where one eyewitness says a second police car was parked (Oswalds getaway car perhaps?)

Don't know how accurate these eyewitness accounts are. Does anyone know who this Ms. Phillips is? Is she referenced in any book or anywhere online?

That Oswald attempted to walk up the alleyway between the two houses where Tippit stopped him. And it was as Oswald attempted to walk up this alleyway that Tippit stopped him.

The video is GARBAGE!.....   The witnesses said that Tippit's killer was standing by the right front fender near the headlight when he shot Tippit... 

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »
Mr. Brownlow is a story teller, an entertainer, full-time, in Dealey Plaza, especially when talking to tourists at the picket fence.
I'm convinced his claims have wasted a good deal of my research efforts.

https://jfkfacts.org/calling-all-witnesses-the-african-american-couple-on-the-grassy-knoll/#comment-156178
Tom Scully - November 21, 2013 at 3:36 am

Joseph McBride attributed only the questionable source for his details of the young black couple to a post on the Education Forum. The details in that thread are sourced from a presentation by Casey Quinlan, who Bill Kelly said was informed by an intermediary who claimed to have met the black couple and was speaking for them. The intermediary is Groden sidekick, Michael Brownlow, the sole source of the name Evelyn King. Bill Kelly, myself, and a number of others have been unable to verify Brownlow’s information as presented by Quinlan and quoted in McBride’s book. Bill has talked with Brownlow by telephone and was told by him that Evelyn Kingwas with her brother Albert, now deceased.
No death record can so far be located. No one other than Brownlow, it now seems, has claimed any direct contact with the black couple in Dealey Plaza.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/topic/10967-michael-brownlow/?do=findComment&comment=118206
Pat Speer - Posted September 13, 2007

Tim, I've met and talked to Brownlow on two separate occasions. I include him as a witness on my witness list at patspeer.com. He told me the same story each time. He was with his grandma in front of the Dal Tex. He heard four shots. He had NO IDEA where they came from, but, seeing people run towards the knoll, ASSUMED the shots came from the knoll.

He stands on the knoll with Groden, selling his videos. Brownlow has interviewed many of the Dallas citizens on the periphery of the assassination, and sells videos of his interviews.. In my opinion he is very knowledgeable. I am totally surprised by the allegation he claims to have seen a shooter, and doubt he said anything so wild. Both times I spoke to him, a year apart, he mentioned that he personally liked Jean Hill and Beverly Oliver, but had extreme doubts they'd seen any shooters on the knoll.

Michael Brownlow's past claims indicate he is currently 69 or 70 years old, but two sources indicate he is 64, or eight years old in 1963,
and not age thirteen, as he has claimed.

https://jfkfacts.org/calling-all-witnesses-the-african-american-couple-on-the-grassy-knoll/#comment-159745
NX - November 23, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Many visitors to Dealey Plaza meet (or are accosted by) Mr Brownlow. After my first time there in Feb 2012, I did a little research and found that he’s quite the fixture. Mr Brownlow claims to have been in the crowd the day of the assassination, a 13 year old boy standing with his grandmother outside the Dal-Tex building on Elm & Houston. He also claims to have seen a puff of smoke from behind the picket fence. I have no cause for dispute re: his presence that day or what he saw. However, there is a question surrounding Mr Brownlow’s age. As mentioned above, Mr Brownlow said he was 13 at the time of the assassination. However, a mugshot of Mr B I found online gives his age in 2011 as 55. If correct, it means Mr Brownlow was no older than eight in Nov 1963. I acknowledge that the mugshot info may be incorrect, but if not, a question needs asking about the veracity of Mr Brownlow’s claim. I’ve no axe to grind; I found Michael to be a very affable man. (Mugshot can be found here: http://www.justmugshots.com/texas/dallas/712673 )

https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3567567
11:42 PM CDT on Friday, July 4, 2008

...In the other incident, Michael Brownlow, who conducts tours of the "grassy knoll" and other Kennedy assassination-related sites, said he was about to enter Interstate 35E from Continental Avenue about 12:25 p.m. when a passenger in a sky blue Mazda Protégé fired a shot at him.

The bullet shattered the 52-year-old's left window. Mr. Brownlow said he ducked as the two strangers in the car fled on Continental.

"Glass got all over me," Mr. Brownlow said. "It was just kind of hair-raising there for a few seconds."...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:14:21 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
@ 1:05 in video, Mr. Brownlow says, "Miss Dora Folan was living at 411 East 10th..... upstairs..."
I marked the Donald Higgins @ 417 E. 10th, because author Joseph McBride described them in his book.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:57:10 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 11:26:58 PM »
Note the absence of anyone named Davis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 11:26:58 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 03:29:16 AM »
Note the absence of anyone named Davis.

The Davises were what-chew-call itinerant. Kinda like Jack Ruby. showing up as needed by DPD.
Why do you have to be such a hater? These are great stories!

Troy's brother, Charley, didn't take his child-bride, Virginia, until spring, 1963, according to the child-bride's perjured WC testimony.

https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/davis_vc.htm
TESTIMONY OF MRS. CHARLIE VIRGINIA DAVIS

The testimony of Mrs. Charlie Virginia Davis was taken at 9 a.m., on April 2, 1964, in the office of the U.S. attorney, 301 Post Office Building. Bryan and Ervay Streets, Dallas, Tex. by Mr. David W. Belin, assistant counsel of the President's Commission.

Mr. BELIN. Mrs. Davis, would you stand and raise your right hand and be sworn, please? Do you solemnly swear that the' testimony you give will be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
Mrs. DAVIS. I do.
Mr. BELIN. Would you please state your name for the court reporter?
Mrs. DAVIS. Mrs. Charlie Virginia Davis.
Mr. BELIN. You are known as Mrs. Charles Davis?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Your first name is Virginia?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Where do you live, Mrs. Davis?
Mrs. DAVIS. Athens.
Mr. BELIN. In Texas?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. How old are you?
Mrs. DAVIS. Sixteen.

https://obituaries.palestineherald.com/obituary/gladys-douglas-729122732
Memorial services for Gladys Douglas, 70, of Palestine were at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013 at Family of Faith Church in Elkhart with Pastor Clayton Douglas and Tommy Richardson officiating. Arrangements were under the direction of Bailey & Foster.. Mrs. Douglas died Friday, Oct. 25, 2013, at Palestine Regional Medical Center.. She was born Feb. 8, 1943 in Anderson County to Liga Burton Wilbanks and Lucille Arthurs Wilbanks.. Mrs. Douglas was retired as a restaurant manager.. Mrs. Douglas was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Joel Loyd Douglas; sister, Shirley Wilbanks; and a brother, Hylas Wilbanks.. She is survived by her daughters, Diane Cretsinger and husband Marlin of Palestine, Tammy Matthews and husband John Mark of Odessa, and Jackie Kerr and husband John Farrell of Saginaw; son, Dale Douglas of Hurst; sisters, Virginia Davis and husband Charles of Tulia, and Pat Curry of Palestine; brother, Glenn Wilbanks; and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren..

Mr. BELIN. How long have you lived in Athens?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, about 6 months. It was after the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember when the President was shot?
Mrs. DAVIS. On November 22.
Mr. BELIN. About how long after that did you move to Athens?
Mrs. DAVIS. It was about 2 weeks after the President was shot.
Mr. BELIN. Mrs. Davis, how long have you been married?
Mrs. DAVIS. Seven months.
Mr. BELIN. Any children?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. The time you moved to Athens would have been sometime in December of 1963?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Prior to that time, had you always lived in Dallas?
Mrs. DAVIS. Well, after I got married we moved to Dallas and we lived there ever since.
Mr. BELIN. When you got married, you moved to Dallas. Before you got married, where did you live?
Mrs. DAVIS. Palestine.
Mr. BELIN. Is that in Texas?
Mrs. DAVIS. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. Were you raised there?
Mrs. DAVIS. No, sir; I was raised in Athens.
Mr. BELIN. You were raised in Athens. Did you go to school in Athens?
Mrs. DAVIS. No; I went to school in Palestine.....
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 03:39:31 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »
And Charlie and Virginia are nowhere to be found in the city directories.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 02:30:24 AM »
Michael Brownlow's past claims indicate he is currently 69 or 70 years old, but two sources indicate he is 64, or eight years old in 1963,
and not age thirteen, as he has claimed.

Do you think he was really in Dealey Plaza on Nov 22nd 1963? He claims he was there with his mother and aunt or something like that and apparently they are standing beside him in the photo he shows to people in Dealey Plaza at the weekends.

I think he's telling the truth on that point, seems legit that he was indeed there.