Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The FBI in full CYA mode  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: The FBI in full CYA mode
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »
Advertisement
It seems a bit odd for CTers to point out that the FBI should or did know Oswald was a political nut capable of the assassination.  I thought you wanted him to be innocent rather than guilty?  But knock yourself out.  Oswald was a known political nut prior to the assassination but with no known history of violence to the FBI.  As a result, they probably were not shocked after his name arose in connection with the assassination even though they would have had little cause to predict beforehand that he would assassinate the president.  There are lots of nuts in society.  Just look at this forum.  Most of them do not act on their loony impulses.  But when some do, the folks who know them are often not surprised.

Mr. REVILL. The same ramp.
I was followed, or either I followed James Hosty, a member of the FBI. We both parked our cars----
Mr. DODD. You weren't following him specifically, he just happened to be coming into the building?
Mr. REVILL. He just happened to be coming into the building. We both parked our cars. He approached me, and again from memory, he commented to the effect that Lee Harvey Oswald, a Communist, had killed President Kennedy.
Mr. DODD. What time of day was this? If I told you that in your testimony in 1964 you had said it was approximately 2:30 in the afternoon, would you argue?
Mr. REVILL. I wouldn't argue. It was at a time after Oswald had been taken into custody at the Texas Theater but before his arrival at the Police and Courts Building.
Mr. DODD. Were you aware of the fact that Lee Harvey Oswald had been arrested?
Mr. REVILL. No, sir, not at that time.
Mr. DODD. Were you aware that Mr. Hosty knew that Lee Harvey Oswald had been arrested at that time?
Mr. REVILL. No, I assumed he did based on his statements to me.
Mr. DODD. You said, and I will quote, you said in 1964, I will quote your response to Mr. Rankin, just so you can refresh your memory and you can correct it if you would like, this is your testimony: "And. Mr. Hosty ran over to me and he says, Jack, as I recall these words, a Communist killed President Kennedy.
"I said, What?
"He said, Lee Oswald killed President Kennedy.
"I said, Who is Lee Oswald?
"He said, He is in our Communist file. We knew he was here in Dallas.
"At that time Hosty and I started walking off, and Detective Bryan as well as I recall, sort of stayed back and so forth."
Then he also states to you that at that time, according to your testimony in 1964, that they knew, that he knew, Jim Hosty knew, that Lee Oswald was capable of killing the President. You became upset at that?
Mr. REVILL. Yes, sir.

He (Hosty) approached me, and again from memory, he commented to the effect that Lee Harvey Oswald, a Communist, had killed President Kennedy.
Mr. DODD. What time of day was this? If I told you that in your testimony in 1964 you had said it was approximately 2:30 in the afternoon, would you argue?
Mr. REVILL. I wouldn't argue. It was at a time after Oswald had been taken into custody at the Texas Theater but before his arrival at the Police and Courts Building.

So.... Let's get this established.... BEFORE Lee's arrival at the DPD police station FBI agent James Hosty was already announcing that Lee Oswald had killed President Kennedy.   

Does anybody suspect that Hosty had foreknowledge of the plot and knew that the "Commie " Lee Oswald was the designated patsy?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 05:22:07 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 08:40:05 PM »
I don't happen to believe the government proved Oswald was in Cuba in 1963, but there are indications Lt. Revill was persuaded, possibly by participants serving on the WC that, if a provocation rises to a close call on whether to go to war, especially in an era of M.A.D., it is vital to confirm it is instigated in reaction to solid proof, and not under the influence of coordinated messaging by local P.D. moonlighting as Army Intel national security hawks.

Oswald, Mexico, and Deep Politics: Revelations from CIA ...LINK: books.google.com
Peter Dale Scott - 2013 - ‎Social Science
Mr. REVILL. This might be my interpretation of Mr. Hosty saying a Communist killed the President. . . .He did not say that he was a member" (5 WH 41-42).

Didn't Oswald state in an interview/debate on a New Orleans TV show in the summer of '63 that he was a Marxist not a Communist?

Wasn't that interview all over the media after 11/22/63?

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 09:28:24 PM »
It seems a bit odd for CTers to point out that the FBI should or did know Oswald was a political nut capable of the assassination.  I thought you wanted him to be innocent rather than guilty?  But knock yourself out.  Oswald was a known political nut prior to the assassination but with no known history of violence to the FBI.  As a result, they probably were not shocked after his name arose in connection with the assassination even though they would have had little cause to predict beforehand that he would assassinate the president.  There are lots of nuts in society.  Just look at this forum.  Most of them do not act on their loony impulses.  But when some do, the folks who know them are often not surprised.

Dallas Police Department - DPD
including FBI statement @ 3:45

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 09:28:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 10:15:24 PM »
   There are lots of nuts in society.  Just look at this forum.   
Yeah...I notice that every time you post :D

Didn't Oswald state in an interview/debate on a New Orleans TV show in the summer of '63 that he was a Marxist not a Communist?
To a 1963 redneck... they were one and the same.

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 11:15:37 PM »
Yeah...I notice that every time you post :D
To a 1963 redneck... they were one and the same.

"To a 1963 redneck... they were one and the same."

True that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 11:15:37 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »
From the clip w/police chief....
Press---How would you describe Oswald's mood during questioning?
Curry---Arrogant...very arrogant.
From his own Commission testimony, Curry wasn't present at Oswald's interrogations so how would he have known Oswald's mood?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 07:39:40 PM »
From the clip w/police chief....From his own Commission testimony, Curry wasn't present at Oswald's interrogations so how would he have known Oswald's mood?

Those who were there at Lee's interrogation said that he was polite and cooperative.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2020, 07:39:40 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 02:47:27 PM »
Those who were there at Lee's interrogation said that he was polite and cooperative.....

I thought CTers didn't believe any account of Oswald's interrogation because there was no recording etc.  But here we are told to believe the very same people you otherwise suggest are lying.  If they were trying to frame Oswald, why wouldn't they just say Oswald was ranting and confessed?  Then claim he killed himself in his jail cell and be done with it.  Instead they parade him around and allow Oswald to freely talk with the press and find some other nut to kill him on national TV who they then have to keep silent.  Great plan!