Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who is the best JFK expert?  (Read 6889 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Who is the best JFK expert?
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »
Advertisement
I believe the two researchers had some differences of opinion on a few matters. I also don't expect any researcher to be perfect as I am far from perfect myself. If you make a mistake, should I use that mistake to discredit everything you have ever uttered?

James,

Why the hyperbole, couched in a rhetorical question?

You, like most CTers, seem to excell at that.

Regardless, did I imply that Jumbo Duh and Morley are two peas in a pod?

If so, my bad.

CTers tend to be affected by different variations of KGB disinformation and propaganda in different, but still woebegone, ways.

--  MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:37:25 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 10:34:18 PM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2020, 10:35:55 PM »
Since when is Cyril Wecht the arbiter of everything? I respect his contributions, but Lifton wasn't a fan. I concede that Lifton's theory is hard to swallow, but he has excellent documentation that has been corroborated by witnesses and then Horne solidified that research by finding additional witnesses and testimony. Much easier to swallow than the "Lee Hardly" story. I interviewed Lifton in 1986 by phone...

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »
Tommy doesn't know what hyperbole means since there's nothing remotely hyperbolic in my innocuous reply. As usual, Tommy fails to answer any of my questions...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2020, 10:37:51 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2020, 10:38:19 PM »
James,

Why the hyperbole, and couched in a rhetorical question, at that?

(You, like most CTers, seem to excell at that.)

Regardless, did I imply that Jumbo Duh and Morley are two peas in a pod?

If so, my bad.

CTers tend to be affected by different variations of KGB disinformation and propaganda in different, but still woebegone, America-destroying ways.

Haven't you noticed?

--  MWT  ;)

Edited

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:40:40 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2020, 10:44:29 PM »
Tommy doesn't know what hyperbole means since there's nothing remotely hyperbolic in my innocuous reply. As usual, Tommy fails to answer any of my questions...

James,

More hyperbole (or should I say "gaslighting"?) on your part.

The indefinite article "a" (in "a mistake") and the word "everything" (in "everything you say") were exaggerations in the context and sentence it was used, wouldn't you agree?

Regardless, what question was that?

Would you care to rephrase it, now?

How about this:  "Tommy, if you make oodles and gobs of mistakes, shouldn't I be skeptical of almost everything you say"?

My answer:  "YES, OF COURSE!"

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

What questions in the past are you still hankering to get an answer from me on?

Wanna give 'em another shot?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:56:00 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2020, 10:44:29 PM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2020, 10:51:48 PM »
Sorry Tommy, I too reserve my contempt and sarcasm for the Warren Commission and folks like Specter and Belin. Private researchers have made plenty of mistakes, but what's Hoover's excuse for such a pathetic and totally unbelievable report? Remember, the Warren Commission used the FBI almost exclusively as their investigative body and it was Dulles who was the prime commissioner. Dulles has culpability as a master cover-up agent at a minimum and he could have had a more sinister role as well. He's too smart to get involved without plausible deniability but researching who visited Dulles in '63 is pretty interesting. But Tommy, apparently some kind of CIA stooge, always mocks anyone who says a word about the Criminal Intelligence Agency. Not saying all agents are criminal or that any more than a few are suspects in JFK's death. However, there are many CIA folks who bear serious investigation. No problems with Morales or their ilk???

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2020, 10:57:38 PM »

James B.,

More hyperbole (or should I say "gaslighting"?) on your part.

The indefinite article "a" (in "a mistake") and the word "everything" (in "everything you say") were exaggerations in the context and sentence it was used, wouldn't you agree?

Regardless, what question was that?

Would you care to rephrase it, now?

How about this:  "Tommy, if you make oodles and gobs of mistakes, shouldn't I be skeptical of almost everything you say"?

My answer:  "YES, OF COURSE!"

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

What questions in the past are you still hankering to get an answer from me on?

Wanna give 'em another shot?

[edited]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:58:42 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2020, 10:57:38 PM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
Tommy has a reading comprehension problem. I looked at my posts carefully and don't see the word "everything" used. Then you accused me of additional hyperbole. Please look up the word "hyperbole." Again, nothing hyperbolic there. If I was really exaggerating, I would say, "Tommy is certainly a CIA agent." But I don't know that's true. It would be hyperbole if I made that accusation. Get it now? What about another example of hyperbole? "All lone nutters are brainwashed by corrupt government reports that are 100 percent bullspombleprofglidnoctobuns." See? That's easy to say, but it's not true. People have a variety of ways to look at the evidence, and a variety of reasons they ignore what they don't like. It's human nature. I'm not immune from it either.

Not going to ask questions a second time since you're busy making insults instead of replying to serious questions. Besides, your answers make no logical sense. Like trying to discuss non-violence with a Trump supporter...