Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who is the best JFK expert?  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Who is the best JFK expert?
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
Advertisement
http://www.jfklancer.com/audioconversations.html
JFK Conversations with Alan Dale
Online interviews with experts on the Presidency & Assassination

Joan Mellen
Dr. David R. Wrone
Russ Baker
Dr. John M. Newman
Rex Bradford
Jim DiEugenio
Malcolm Blunt
Bill Simpich
Josiah Thompson
Gerald McKnight
Larry Hancock
Jefferson Morley
David Talbot
Professor Peter Dale Scott
Sherry P. Fiester
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 05:54:19 PM by Gary Craig »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
http://www.jfklancer.com/audioconversations.html
JFK Conversations with Alan Dale
Online interviews with experts on the Presidency & Assassination

Joan Mellen
Dr. John M. Newman
Rex Bradford
Jim DiEugenio
David Talbot

Facts? Facts don't matter, they just don't. If you are outstanding, you have to be accurate or at least be responsive to criticism and willing to amend what you've misinformed your readers about.

Are these authors, Lifton, DiEugenio, Ms. Mellen, and Ms. Lambert, clueless, or am I missing something? What about the esteemed John Newman?
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1999-03-14-9903140296-story.html
"False Witness' -- the JFK assassination revisited
Joan Mellen   THE BALTIMORE SUN - March 14, 1999

"False Witness: The Real Story of Jim Garrison's Investigation and Oliver Stone's Film JFK," by Patricia Lambert. M. Evans & Co. 352 pages. $24.95.
As New Orleans' District Attorney Jim Garrison's biographer, I confess to an interest in Patricia Lambert's "False Witness." Jim Garrison, who in 1969 prosecuted Clay Shaw unsuccessfully for conspiracy to murder President Kennedy, was a complex man and no saint....

http://www.kenrahn.com/Marsh/Jfk-conspiracy/NMNRSSO.ASC
NOT FOR ATTRIBUTION OR DISTRIBUTION
 FOR PRIVATE RESEARCH ONLY
 TRANSCRIPT:
JOHN M. NEWMAN / GUS RUSSO UNSCHEDULED WORKSHOP ON 
MAJOR GENERAL EDWARD G. LANSDALE, COLONEL HOWARD L. BURRIS AND
AIR FORCE INTELLIGENCE CONNECTIONS TO THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION
HYATT REGENCY HOTEL AT REUNION SQUARE; DALLAS, TEXAS
 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 24, 1992, 5:30 PM-7:00 PM

NOTE: Semi-unintelligible sections of the tape are designated by an underlined space followed by the acronym PST: (Phonetically Similar To:) and words which may or may not be what was actually said. This device may help to identify some of the sections.

…...
Q: Did he have any connection with the Secret Service?

NEWMAN: Did he have any connection with the Secret Service? Did he have any connection with Lyndon Johnson? These are good questions. The end result of these first few months, in essence, is that Lansdale was fired from any position on Vietnam policy. For Edward Lansdale that was a traumatic experience. Vietnam was his baby. South Vietnam was his creation. In my book I ended my dealings with Lansdale at that point although there was a lot more to do with it. It went into Cuba and Operation Mongoose and other business that was not the privy of my book. But we should talk about that right now simply because of what I just told you; that he lost something which mattered a great deal to him. When I finally got his letters and looked at him talking about going through the experience of being relieved of these responsibilities in Vietnam, you could see a man whose heart was broken. Right Pat? Pat Lambert was my editor and we sat up until midnight, one and two o'clock in the morning looking over this Lansdale stuff. and here was a man whose heart had been broken, been ripped out because he couldn't play any more in his favorite sandbox.....
https://jfkfacts.org/provocative-prolific-joan-mellen/#comment-869223
Tom S.  April 12, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Although I am credited as a contributor to Ms. Mellen’s book, “Our Man in Haiti,” my entire body of research results influence me to share an opinion that the description of Joan Mellen in this article is overdone….
She first met Jim Garrison just months after the Clay Shaw trial in 1969 and described interviewing more than 1200 people before publishing her book on Jim Garrison, “Farewell to Justice.”
More than 30 years after she first met Jim Garrison and in addition to much other research and interviewing 1200 people, this was the crux and the emphasis of Joan Mellen’s presentation on the best supported CIA influences/interference on Garrison’s investigation and his prosecution of Clay Shaw.
https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/Unredacted_-_Episode_1_-_Transcript.html
Unredacted Episode 1: Transcript of Interview with Joan Mellen
Joan Mellen is the author of A Farewell to Justice: Jim Garrison, JFK’s Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History. This interview was conducted on 22 Feb 2006. Tyler Weaver provided the introduction, and the interview was conducted by Rex Bradford.
…….
REX: I – I think –
JOAN: – when Baldwin was present, he was a CIA asset, his brother worked for the International Trade Mart and Clay Shaw, David Baldwin, and these, these are CIA people….

Using only internet resources and in the course of a couple of weeks of part time research I shared in comments on this website, (see- https://jfkfacts.org/assassination/review/who-was-the-only-man-to-ever-face-legal-charges-in-jfks-assassination/#comment-856847 )
I found these details, not published or mentioned, ever, by Joan Mellen.
In the course of attempting to determine if my new fact checked research details were actually original, I found identical details, by author of a biography of Clay Shaw,
Donald H Carpenter.

From Joan Mellen’s book :

https://books.google.com/books?id=9mQtAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT138&lpg=PT138&dq=%22joan+mellen%22+stephen+lemann&source=bl&ots=JQ0cQ7W_xe&sig=zjEbm-HJgiFBiqsZJ_VSNijJh0U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjAvsOe1YnMAhVLHD4KHdSUDKoQ6AEIQjAF#v=onepage&q=%22joan%20mellen%22%20stephen%20lemann&f=false

The best face I can put on this is that Garrison misled and failed to disclose to his friend, Joan Mellen, and editor of his own book, the co-writer of the JFK the movie screenplay, Zachary Sklar.
The most troubling thing I’ve learned is that almost no one seems to appreciate being exposed to this new information. They already knew what they knew and indicate a preference of not having to consider Garrison’s actual proximity to those even he described as CIA sponsored adversaries.
Garrison’s silence on this also provided an opening (unanswered by Garrison) for the belligerent nephew of Stepen B. Lemann who is also the step-nephew of wife of Lee Garrison’s first cousin and godfather David Baldwin.:
continued……
Reply https://jfkfacts.org/provocative-prolific-joan-mellen/#comment-869239
Jordan  April 12, 2016 at 2:24 pm
While I agree that this information casts an uncomfortable light on the Garrison prosecution, I believe that Garrison was on the right track in the direction his prosecution took.
In fact, surprisingly so given what is known today.
Did he intentionally limit his investigation of the Shaw-Permindex-CMC-CIA links and apparatus…?
Was it constructed as a limited hangout…?
I’d argue no to the latter question, as it simply reveals too much about how the CIA goes about its affairs.
As far as the former question, I am not prepared to make that determination…
…...

https://whowhatwhy.org/2015/10/12/new-book-on-cia-master-plotter-dulles-sneak-peek-part-1/
OCTOBER 12, 2015 | DAVID TALBOT
NEW BOOK ON CIA MASTER-PLOTTER DULLES, SNEAK PEEK: PART 1
The Coverup in JFK’s Death Begins

.....Perhaps nothing is more troubling than Dulles’s behavior around the time that John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

Although Kennedy had fired him in 1961, Dulles basically kept, de facto, running the CIA anyway, as Talbot notes. And, even more ominously, after Kennedy was killed in Dallas on Friday November 22, Dulles moved into The Farm, a secret CIA facility in Virginia, where he remained for the weekend — during which time the “suspect,” Lee Harvey Oswald, was killed, and a vast machinery began to create the “lone gunman” myth that has dominated our history books to the present......

https://jfkfacts.org/a-conversation-with-david-talbot/#comment-856781
William Kelly - February 7, 2016 at 11:34 am
David Talbot gives a realistic portrayal of those powerful men who hated JFK with a passion – Dulles, Hover, Harvey, LeMay et al., and creates the real circumstances that allowed them to kill JFK using their most popular political tool – the covert intelligence operation that is designed to shield those actually responsible – plausible deniability......
https://jfkfacts.org/devils-chessboard-today/#comment-867360
Photon - April 4, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Like Williamsburg is in Northern Virginia?
Like Dulles spent the weekend at ” the Farm” when he was seen on national TV paying his respects at the White House on Nov. 23?
Like the ” Magic Bullet” hit JFK in the head?
The guy has no credibility .

And it has yet to be determined exactly where Dulles was in the hours after the assassination, and I understand the “magic bullet” sentence will be corrected in future editions – though the Warren Report’s errors go uncorrected. I think the head shot was the magic bullet as it was fired from a different direction by a first class trained sniper – one shot one kill – and it was the shot that killed him – not the single bullet.

You can read my review of David Talbot’s important book at http://JFKCountercoup.blogspot.com

And more on the CIA plans to kill Castro, one of which was redirected to kill JFK at Dealey Plaza.

Bill Kelly

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 07:43:24 PM by Tom Scully »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 09:28:31 PM »
  You ALL have earned: (1) 3 Demerits, and (2) A night in the Bunker with Uncle Joe Bidden due to your sloppily overlooking DOUG HORNE. Doug has: (1) Written several Outstanding Books, (2) Produced/Starred in several compelling & easy to comprehend assassination videos, and (3) 1st Hand Experience with both JFK Assassination Evidence & Witnesses due to his being a member of the ARRB. You ALL should be ashamed of yourselves! Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy. This is Exactly why this case remains Unsolved.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 09:30:02 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 09:28:31 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 09:49:05 PM »
  You ALL have earned: (1) 3 Demerits, and (2) A night in the Bunker with Uncle Joe Bidden due to your sloppily overlooking DOUG HORNE. Doug has: (1) Written several Outstanding Books, (2) Produced/Starred in several compelling & easy to comprehend assassination videos, and (3) 1st Hand Experience with both JFK Assassination Evidence & Witnesses due to his being a member of the ARRB. You ALL should be ashamed of yourselves! Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy. This is Exactly why this case remains Unsolved.

Credit where it's due: Royell Storing on March 14....

When the new corona cases crest here in the U.S. in 2+weeks, the Facts/Numbers in comparison to other countries around the world will support the swift/steady decisions made by Trump. Of course, You Haters want nothing to do with actual Facts. Once those annoying Facts catch up to You, You immediately move the goal posts. Same Old Play Book every time.

Doug Horne, in reaction to verifiable facts that obviously made him uncomfortable.:

Author Peter Janney published this background to Doug Horne's "meltdown":

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2012/07/peter-janney/the-autodaf-of-lisa-pease-and-jamesdieugenio-tomas-de-torquemada-and-the-spanish-inquisition-return-in-a-new-era-of-suppression-of-freedom-of-thought-and-adherence-to-a-rigid-dogma-namely-thei/
The Autodaf of Lisa Pease and James DiEugenio Tomas de Torquemada and the Spanish Inquisition return in a new era of suppression of freedom of thought and adherence to a rigid dogma - namely their own prejudices!
By Peter Janney - July 6, 2012
...In addition, Ms. Pease can't even seem to fathom or consider how "Lt. William L. Mitchell," a man who told police he was jogging on the towpath when he passed Mary Meyer — allegedly just before the murder took place — told police that a "Negro male" matching Wiggins' description was following her in an effort to frame Ray Crump. "Mitchell" would then testify against Crump at the murder trial nine months later in July 1965 as part of the CIA's assassination operation. It doesn't seem to matter to Pease that "Mitchell" has never been able to be located since the trial, or that his known address during that time was documented as a "CIA safe house" by three separate former CIA employees. At the time of trial in July 1965, Mitchell told a reporter that he had since retired from the military and was now a mathematics instructor at Georgetown University — yet no record of his employment there could ever be located, nor was there ever any bona-fide military service record located for "Mitchell," either in the Pentagon where he was listed in the directory at the time of the murder, or in the main military data base in St. Louis. This was thoroughly researched by the Peabody Award-winning journalist Roger Charles, as discussed in my book, a fact that Pease fails to mention in one of her many deliberate omissions, which also included Damore's consultation with L. Fletcher Prouty (as documented by Damore's attorney James H. Smith) to finally understand who "Mitchell" was, before Damore confronted him. Of course, Lisa Pease is entitled to whatever flawed point of view she wants to embrace, but she's not entitled to her own set of facts.....
https://books.google.com/books?id=-Cv8DQAAQBAJ&pg=PT365&lpg
Mary's Mosaic: The CIA Conspiracy to Murder John F. Kennedy,
Peter Janney - 2013 - ‎History
... the review was, I later learned, written by a DiEugenio protégé whose name, ... University of Georgia law professor, Scully identified himself as “a moderator at ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RWKKPDXQXFKPD/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1510708928
Click on "13 comments" below the review at the link above, to access "this", by Doug Horne :

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:29:03 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »
Is it:

Gerald Posner
Vincent Bugliosi
John McAdams
or
Dale Myers

I guess as Myers mostly deals with the Tippit shooting that would rule him out of the "JFK" assassination as such. That just leaves Posner, Bugliosi and McAdams. Its tough to decide between the three because they all bring their own uniqueness to the case.
Isn't Meyers responsible for the (fact free, as always) "Inside the Target Car", or some derivative thereof? Where he shoots bullets into Play-Doh and creates some high level "3D" super special animation? ( Cartoons and kids toys!)
Let's give blame..oops, I mean credit where its due.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2020, 11:54:07 PM »
Royell , I agree that Doug Horne is the best expert on the JFK Assassination !          People like Posner & Bugliosi had the worst ideas I had ever heard on the JFK Assassination . Posner and Bugliosi just copied what the Warren Report had to say ?  Plagiarism ?

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 12:01:02 AM »
Royell , I agree that Doug Horne is the best expert on the JFK Assassination !          People like Posner & Bugliosi had the worst ideas I had ever heard on the JFK Assassination . Posner and Bugliosi just copied what the Warren Report had to say ?  Plagiarism ?

Horne being a member of the ARRB and therefore having 1st Hand experience with both Physical Evidence and Witnesses puts him head and shoulders above all the other people listed on this Thread. Like him or not, there is No Denying Hornes' bona fides.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 12:01:02 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 01:00:02 AM »

Mike, your name is associated with what you write, same as Doug Horne or Tom Scully. In the following example, Doug Horne is FoS.
In the example in my last post Horne writes as if he is a paranoid moron or intentionally misleads and discourages facts and fact finding.
If I even suspected I was misleading readers, it would be difficult to look at myself in a mirror. Horne has had eight full years to edit or delete this nonsense. If friendship is the excuse, what kind of friend would publicly support misleading of readers?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R8NNVIZE9ITM/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1510708928
   Douglas
5.0 out of 5 stars A Masterpiece of Biography and a Mesmerizing Detective Story
Reviewed in the United States on April 1, 2012
Verified Purchase
Written by Douglas P. Horne, author of "Inside the Assassination Records Review Board"
Peter Janney also solves the mystery of her murder 48 years ago, in as convincing a fashion as one can, so many years later. Many have asked, "If Ray Crump did not kill Mary Meyer, then who did?" This book answers that question. (I will not provide any spoilers here.)....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:01:32 AM by Tom Scully »