Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Oswald carrying torn half dollar bills?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Was Oswald carrying torn half dollar bills?
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:12:58 AM »
Advertisement
It has been suggested that when Oswald was arrested, the police found halves of two different dollar bills in his wallet. This would suggest Oswald was some type of spy, or at least saw himself as one.

However neither of these half-dollar bills were listed on the police inventory of 11/23/63, the joint FBI/Dallas Police inventory of Oswald's possessions on 11/26/63, nor were these items photographed. The torn half dollar bills were never mentioned by the Warren Commission. These torn half dollar bills now can't be found.

So can we rely on them as ever having actually existed?

JFK Assassination Forum

Was Oswald carrying torn half dollar bills?
« on: April 14, 2020, 02:12:58 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Oswald carrying torn half dollar bills?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 02:53:57 AM »
It has been suggested that when Oswald was arrested, the police found halves of two different dollar bills in his wallet. This would suggest Oswald was some type of spy, or at least saw himself as one.

However neither of these half-dollar bills were listed on the police inventory of 11/23/63, the joint FBI/Dallas Police inventory of Oswald's possessions on 11/26/63, nor were these items photographed. The torn half dollar bills were never mentioned by the Warren Commission. These torn half dollar bills now can't be found.

So can we rely on them as ever having actually existed?

This is new information for me.....  I've been studying this case for a long time and this is the first time I've heard this.

If it's true and it was "swept under the rug".....  That's a very strong indicator that Lee was in fact an intel agent ...Which is something that I've believed for years....

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56:04 AM »
The OP posted a hand written note.   Where did the note come from?  Whose handwriting is that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56:04 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »
Here are the torn dollar bills mentioned in the book Legacy Of Secrecy by Lamar Waldron:

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 12:56:47 AM »
Here are the torn dollar bills mentioned in the book Legacy Of Secrecy by Lamar Waldron:

There's no doubt in my mind that Lee was ( or thought he was ) an intel agent and he was set up.... and part of the set up was the Texas Theater episode.    I can well imagine that his contact gave Lee a revolver and told him that something had gone terribly wrong and JFK had been shot, and Lee may need the gun to protect himself.   

In reality his handler was giving him the gun in hope that the cops would kill Lee and claim that he pulled the gun on them.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 12:56:47 AM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »
There's no doubt in my mind that Lee was ( or thought he was ) an intel agent and he was set up.... and part of the set up was the Texas Theater episode.    I can well imagine that his contact gave Lee a revolver and told him that something had gone terribly wrong and JFK had been shot, and Lee may need the gun to protect himself.   

In reality his handler was giving him the gun in hope that the cops would kill Lee and claim that he pulled the gun on them.

The existence of half dollar bills in Oswalds possession would be about your best evidence for it. Assuming he just wasn't carrying those to make himself seem mysterious like he did by using the Alek Hidel alias.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 07:17:51 PM »
There’s no evidence of Oswald ever using Alek Hidell as an alias for himself, prior to the alleged ID card that wasn’t mentioned in any interview or report prior to the Klein’s order being found.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 07:17:51 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 11:30:47 PM »
There’s no evidence of Oswald ever using Alek Hidell as an alias for himself, prior to the alleged ID card that wasn’t mentioned in any interview or report prior to the Klein’s order being found.

Marina said he used that name. That's evidence. Granted its evidence you don't accept, but its still evidence.