Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did De Mohrenschildt give the Oswalds the money to buy the rifle?  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Advertisement
In Epsteins book Legend, he says that De Mohrenschildt told a close friend in Texas that he inadvertently gave Marina Oswald the money that Oswald used to buy the rifle. Is there any other source for this allegation other than Epsteins book? Here is the relevant section taken from Norman Mailers book:

How come Marina never admitted this in her testimony?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Did De Mohrenschildt give the Oswalds the money to buy the rifle?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »
In Epsteins book Legend, he says that De Mohrenschildt told a close friend in Texas that he inadvertently gave Marina Oswald the money that Oswald used to buy the rifle. Is there any other source for this allegation other than Epsteins book? Here is the relevant section taken from Norman Mailers book:

How come Marina never admitted this in her testimony?

Because George De M was Lee Oswald's handler at the time of the Walker Hoax....And the agency was covering for him.   They wanted Lee to appear to have been a "lonr nut" who had taken a shot at General Walker.

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 01:51:45 PM »
Because George De M was Lee Oswald's handler at the time of the Walker Hoax....And the agency was covering for him.   They wanted Lee to appear to have been a "lonr nut" who had taken a shot at General Walker.

But Marina was hardly in on the whole thing. How come she never mentioned this detail?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 01:51:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »
But Marina was hardly in on the whole thing. How come she never mentioned this detail?

I truly wish I knew that answer.....    It would be of interest to know what George said to her when he gave her twenty five dollars.....

Did George specify that the money was to be given to Lee?     Since you've said that Marina complained that Lee had spent the money to buy a rifle, she must have known that George didn't give the money to her for her personal use.....The money must have been intended for Lee.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »
Could it be because it didn't happen?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 05:26:51 PM »
Could it be because it didn't happen?
Maybe. It was about that time though that Oswald mysteriously paid off his state department loan.

Maybe De Mohrenschildt was giving Oswald money for something.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »
But nowhere in DeMohrenschildt's testimony does he mention this supposed incident. Neither did his wife who was allegedly there. Nor Marina who was allegedly there. At the time Epstein interviewed De Mohrenschildt he was apparently quite mentally ill. He had tried to kill himself twice.

So we have none of the people including George mentioning this in their testimonies or, as far as I can tell, at other times (it's not in the McMillan book) other than this claim.

Correction: Jeane De Mohrenschildt did give this account but she didn't say that Marina said the money came from George.

Mr. JENNER. Had anything been said up to this point in your acquaintance with the Oswalds of his having had a rifle, or a shotgun, in Russia?
Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No.
Mr. JENNER. No discussion of any hunting in Russia?
Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. In fact, we never even knew that he was a sharp-shooter or something. We never knew about it.
Mr. JENNER. No discussion of that?
Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. No discussion at all. She [Marina] just said, we are so short of money, and this crazy lunatic buys a rifle. This is what she told me. And you know what happened after that.
Mr. JENNER. Please. Tell me everything she said on this occasion.
Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. I think the most important thing is, that crazy lunatic bought a rifle when we really need money for other things.
Mr. JENNER. And she also said he took it out in the park and was shooting it.
Mrs. De MOHRENSCHILDT. Something like that; yes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:02:02 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 07:06:44 PM »
But nowhere in DeMohrenschildt's testimony does he mention this supposed incident. Neither did his wife who was allegedly there. Nor Marina who was allegedly there. At the time Epstein interviewed De Mohrenschildt he was apparently quite mentally ill. He had tried to kill himself twice.

So we have none of the people including George mentioning this in their testimonies or, as far as I can tell, at other times (it's not in the McMillan book) other than this claim.

Steve....I too have strong doubt that De M. gave Marina $25.00 ( although I think he did give her "cigarette money" from time to time) But I sure wouldn't take De M's word .    Many of De M's friends in Dallas were of the opinion that George was a notorious"story teller"