Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why was Oswald walking west on 10th street?  (Read 8352 times)

Online Gerry Down

Why was Oswald walking west on 10th street?
« on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:40 PM »
Advertisement
The WC suggested that Oswald was walking  east on 10th street:

However the witnesses seem to suggest Oswald was walking west, then saw Tippit in the distance and began walking east. This seems to suggest that Oswald was not walking in a straight line from his rooming house in order to get to some location. It would also suggest that Rubys apartment was not his final destination as is often proposed.

JFK Assassination Forum

Why was Oswald walking west on 10th street?
« on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Why was Oswald walking west on 10th street?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 12:16:55 AM »
The WC suggested that Oswald was walking  east on 10th street:

However the witnesses seem to suggest Oswald was walking west, then saw Tippit in the distance and began walking east. This seems to suggest that Oswald was not walking in a straight line from his rooming house in order to get to some location. It would also suggest that Rubys apartment was not his final destination as is often proposed.

Having Oswald walk in the other direction would have added several minutes to the time that he would have needed to get there. The time would have gone up from the minimum 11 minutes to as much as en estimated 17 minutes. And that doesn't fit in the time line!

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »
Having Oswald walk in the other direction would have added several minutes to the time that he would have needed to get there. The time would have gone up from the minimum 11 minutes to as much as en estimated 17 minutes. And that doesn't fit in the time line!

But i don't think Oswald was walking. At the barber shop, they said Oswald went by very quick. Oswald may have been running through alot of those empty quiet streets.

The WC was wrong on his point. Oswald was walking west on 10th street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 12:20:58 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 12:31:56 AM »
But i don't think Oswald was walking. At the barber shop, they said Oswald went by very quick. Oswald may have been running through alot of those empty quiet streets.

Pray tell... Can you give one good reason why somebody would run from a bus stop at North Beckley to a go-nowhere suburban street where he would stand out like a sore thumb?

If he was on the run, why not continue straight on down Beckley to Jefferson where he would be less noticable and where there are plenty of bus stops?

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »
Pray tell... Can you give one good reason why somebody would run from a bus stop at North Beckley to a go-nowhere suburban street where he would stand out like a sore thumb?

If he was on the run, why not continue straight on down Beckley to Jefferson where he would be less noticable and where there are plenty of bus stops?

Well this is what i'm trying to figure out. I think he was staying away from the main streets like Beckley and Jefferson because that's where cops most likely would be driving on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 12:35:48 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 12:59:01 AM »

Was there a barber shop on the route between the Rooming house and 10th and Patton?  I think that you're a bit confused.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »
Well this is what i'm trying to figure out. I think he was staying away from the main streets like Beckley and Jefferson because that's where cops most likely would be driving on.

But that wouldn't explain the running.

By running he would draw attention to himself.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 01:00:25 AM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 03:18:27 PM »
But that wouldn't explain the running.

By running he would draw attention to himself.

The witnesses at the barber shop said he was running so he must have been.