Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald killed Tippit -- Ted Callaway confirms LHO's "flight" on CBS - 1964  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Ross Lidell

Advertisement
On the day The Warren Report was released to the public (27 September 1964), the CBS Television Network broadcast: "November 22nd The Warren Report".

Key witnesses had been interviewed by Eddie Barker of CBS affiliate in Dallas - KRLD Television.

Ted Callaway confirmed his positive identification of Lee Harvey Oswald as the man (carrying a pistol) who fled from the scene of the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:54:57 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald killed Tippit: Ted Callaway confirms his ID on CBS 1964
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 06:19:31 AM »
Re: the title of this thread:

How would Callaway know who killed Tippit?

Online Charles Collins

On the day The Warren Report was released to the public (27 September 1963), CBS Television Network broadcast: November 22 The Warren Report.

Key witnesses had been interviewed by Eddie Barker of CBS affiliate in Dallas - KRLD Television.

Ted Callaway confirmed his positive identification of Lee Harvey Oswald as the man (carrying a pistol) who fled from the scene of the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit.

The Warren report was released before the assassination took place? No wonder some people have doubts about it!

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »
Re: the title of this thread:

How would Callaway know who killed Tippit?

Ted Callaway heard five (5) shots: He was standing on the porch of the building where he worked on Patton Street. He then went to the sidewalk and looked in the direction of Tenth Street. He saw a man running across to the opposite side of Patton Street. He observed the man carrying a gun "in the raised pistol position". He then went to Tenth Street and saw the Police Officer lying on the street (near his squad car)--dead.

It's logical that Ted Callaway considered the man who came down Patton Street carrying a pistol was the man who shot the Police officer (Tippit). Why am I not surprised that you could not deduce this?

NOTE: I've modified the Subject wording for greater clarity.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:22:59 PM by Ross Lidell »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:16 PM »
It's logical that Ted Callaway considered the man who came down Patton Street carrying a pistol was the man who shot the Police officer (Tippit).

There's a difference between conjecture and direct knowledge.  Besides, Callaway didn't know that a police officer had been shot at the time, so he couldn't have deduced that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:36:16 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 04:37:37 AM »
There's a difference between conjecture and direct knowledge.  Besides, Callaway didn't know that a police officer had been shot at the time, so he couldn't have deduced that.

What a moronic, useless post. I referred to Callaway on-camera in the CBS presentation "November 22nd The Warren Report". Did you watch the entire video?

Ted Callaway heard shots from the porch of his business on Patton Street. Seconds later, he saw Oswald moving quickly carrying a gun "in the raised pistol position". Callaway promptly ran around the corner to Tenth Street and saw a police officer lying on the ground next to his squad car. As he got closer, he saw that the police officer was dead.

We're talking about a time frame of less than a minute between when Callaway heard the shots and when he saw the police officer lying on the ground near his squad car. And you call that "conjecture". The "direct knowledge" that a Police Officer was shot was available to Callaway in a matter of seconds after he heard the shots.

Tell me John: Do you waste other people's time with such idiotic contrarianism or only on this forum?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:50 AM »
What a moronic, useless post.

LNers always resort to insults when their arguments fail.

I referred to Callaway on-camera in the CBS presentation "November 22nd The Warren Report". Did you watch the entire video?

Of course I did. I’ve watched the whole special. I’m trying to figure out why you seem to think that clips of people reiterating their testimonies makes your case any better than the original testimonies.

Ted Callaway heard shots from the porch of his business on Patton Street. Seconds later, he saw Oswald moving quickly carrying a gun "in the raised pistol position".

No, he saw a guy whom he later identified as Oswald in a biased, unfair lineup.

We're talking about a time frame of less than a minute between when Callaway heard the shots and when he saw the police officer lying on the ground near his squad car. And you call that "conjecture". The "direct knowledge" that a Police Officer was shot was available to Callaway in a matter of seconds after he heard the shots.

Yes, it’s conjecture. He didn’t see anybody shoot anybody. “Matter of seconds”. LOL. Exaggerate much?

Riddle me this, batman: if Callaway saw a guy trotting down Patton with a gun and could “logically consider” that the man shot the policeman then why did he ask Benavides which way he went?

Tell me John: Do you waste other people's time with such idiotic contrarianism or only on this forum?

I don’t know, Ross, do you waste people’s time elsewhere with insults and conjecture masquerading as evidence?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2020, 07:47:50 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

Oh boy...another Oswald shot the cop thread. How many does this make in the last two years?....15---20?
You would almost think that Callaway was nose to nose with the shooter---
Mr. BALL. Tell us what happened.
Mr. CALLAWAY. We first went into the room. There was Jim Leavelle, the detective, Sam Guinyard, and then this busdriver and myself. We waited down there for probably 20 or 30 minutes. And Jim told us, "When I show you these guys, be sure,. take your time, see if you can make a positive identification."
Mr. BALL. Had you known him before?
Mr. CALLAWAY. No. And he said, "We want to be sure, we want to try to wrap him up real tight on killing this officer. We think he is the same one that shot the President. But if we can wrap him up tight on killing this officer, we have got him." So they brought four men in.
I stepped to the back of the room, so I could kind of see him from the same distance which I had seen him before. And when he came out, I knew him.
Mr. BALL. You mean he looked like the same man?
Mr. CALLAWAY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. About what distance was he away from you--the closest that he ever was to you?
Mr. CALLAWAY. About 56 feet. 
Little shrimp Oswald stood line up with 3 cops...That sure "wrapped him up real tight".