Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dallas Police Station Press Conference  (Read 3000 times)

Online David Halley

Dallas Police Station Press Conference
« on: April 05, 2020, 04:34:11 AM »
Advertisement
Over the years I have been intrigued reading posts from members. So interesting reading other thoughts on the assassination. Approximately 15 years ago I watched a video of a Police Press Conference with a representative describing Oswald 's prior movements to November 22. He mention belonging to a movement in New Orleans but miss described the organization. Someone in the crowd spoke aloud and said, "Fair Play for Cuba."  From reading several books on the assignation, the person who corrected  this officer was Jack Ruby. It has always stuck in the back of my mind that someone else besides the police knew at this point in the investigation about Oswald's past. I might be completely off base because of my age and somewhat memory problems. So, could someone direct me to the video of this press conference. I would like to watch again. Maybe I can listen to the voice and compare to other videos of Ruby speaking.

JFK Assassination Forum

Dallas Police Station Press Conference
« on: April 05, 2020, 04:34:11 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Dallas Police Station Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 04:56:27 AM »
HENRY WADE'S LATE-NIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE (NOVEMBER 22, 1963)
Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade answers questions from newsmen in this press conference that took
place at Dallas City Hall late on the night of President Kennedy's assassination.
This conference includes Jack Ruby correcting Henry Wade's mistake concerning the name of the pro-Castro
organization that accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald belonged to (the Fair Play For Cuba Committee).

KLIF INTERVIEWS WITH HENRY WADE (ARRANGED BY JACK RUBY, WITH RUBY'S NAME MENTIONED ON THE AIR @ 5:45)

Ruby following D.A. Henry Wade in the basement of the DPD offices

Did Dallas DA Henry Wade know Jack Ruby?
Dallas DA Henry Wade is asked point blank if he knew Jack Ruby. He denies it. But Nancy Hamilton, a former
bartender for Ruby, tells Mark Lane that Wade was a Dallas official who "frequented" Ruby's bar.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »
Over the years I have been intrigued reading posts from members. So interesting reading other thoughts on the assassination. Approximately 15 years ago I watched a video of a Police Press Conference with a representative describing Oswald 's prior movements to November 22. He mention belonging to a movement in New Orleans but miss described the organization. Someone in the crowd spoke aloud and said, "Fair Play for Cuba."  From reading several books on the assignation, the person who corrected  this officer was Jack Ruby. It has always stuck in the back of my mind that someone else besides the police knew at this point in the investigation about Oswald's past. I might be completely off base because of my age and somewhat memory problems. So, could someone direct me to the video of this press conference. I would like to watch again. Maybe I can listen to the voice and compare to other videos of Ruby speaking.

The speed by which they had information about Oswald available for the media has always bothered me. This was 1963 when they had nothing more than a telephone to communicate long distance, yet IMO even now you couldn't find out all those details about a so-called loser as quickly as that. It was like they already had a press kit at their disposal as soon as they arrested him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:55:29 PM »
The speed by which they had information about Oswald available for the media has always bothered me. This was 1963 when they had nothing more than a telephone to communicate long distance, yet IMO even now you couldn't find out all those details about a so-called loser as quickly as that. It was like they already had a press kit at their disposal as soon as they arrested him.

Excellent point, Martin...... 

My hearing is impaired so I have to strain to hear what is being said on those tapes....BUT.... Didn't a reporter alude to this very subject during the Q &A ....

I thought I heard a reporter say something like... "How have you solved this case so rapidly?   

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »

The FBI had been tracking Oswald for years.  The FBI agent in Dallas knew plenty about him from the very first second his name was mentioned.  He had just visited his wife. No great mystery.  They didn't even need a "telephone to communicate long distance" LOL.  The agent was there.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 05:15:11 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 06:00:51 PM »
The FBI had been tracking Oswald for years.  The FBI agent in Dallas knew plenty about him from the very first second his name was mentioned.  He had just visited his wife. No great mystery.  They didn't even need a "telephone to communicate long distance" LOL.  The agent was there.

The FBI had been tracking Oswald for years.

Probably true ... The FBI kept tabs on their informers, many of whom were criminals, or ex-cons. ( who would be better to use to keep an eye on the underworld"? )

Lee Oswald had called attention to himself when he took the mission to infiltrate the USSR and pretended to be a "turn coat marine".   Hoover hated the communists or anybody proclaiming to be a fellow traveler.....thus Hoover hated Lee Oswald.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:43:47 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

You're talking about Hosty, right? The same guy who destroyed Oswald's note.....

And as far as tracking Oswald is concerned, did they know he was in Mexico in the weeks prior to the assassination? No, they didn't.
Did they know Oswald had bought a revolver and a rifle? No, they didn't

What they did know was that Oswald was in jail in New Orleans, because they send an agent to see him there, at his request. That's some "tracking".

The information the DPD had early on, simply couldn't have come from one FBI agent.

They didn't even need a "telephone to communicate long distance" LOL.  The agent was there.

Really, genius... so their entire investigation after the fact was a waste of time?.... I mean, when "the agent was there" LOL
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 07:12:24 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »
"JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE
Why He Died And Why It Matters"

By James W. Douglas
p.177

-snip-

"On October 9, 1963, one week before Lee Harvey Oswald began his job at a site overlooking the president's future parade route,
an FBI official in Washington, D.C., disconnected Oswald from a federal alarm system that was about to identify him as a threat to
national security. The FBI man's name was Marvin Gheesling. He was a supervisor in the Soviet espionage section at FBI headquarters.
His timing was remarkable. As author John Newman remarked in an analysis of this phenomenon, Gheesling "turned off the alarm switch
on Oswald literally an instant before it would have gone off."