Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: In Search of the Childhood Lee  (Read 4601 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

In Search of the Childhood Lee
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »
Advertisement
I ran across the testimony of a Mrs Mildred Sawyer which was taken in New Orleans...
Mrs Sawyer was a neighbor of Marguerite back in the early '50s.
Mr LIEBELER. Did you become acquainted with Mrs. Oswald to any extent during the time that you lived at this Exchange Place?
Mrs. SAWYER. Not really, because well, she was old enough to be my mother, I might say, and our working all the time and so was my husband--and then I was connected with the opera group here and I was out most of the time, and when we met it was usually on the stairway or in and out the door, once, in awhile talking on the steps, perhaps. About the most we did was bid each other the time of day, and that is about all, and, of course, the little boy the same thing. And I say "little boy" because to me he was a child when I saw him. I can vaguely remember, or I have a mental picture of, a little boy with blond, curly hair and rather nice looking, and that is about all I can say, and once In a while if he happened to be going out or coming in at the time I was going, he would always open the door and hold the door for me, and he seemed quite polite.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did you become acquainted with Mrs. Oswald to any extent during the time that you lived at this Exchange Place?
Mrs. SAWYER. Not really, because well, she was old enough to be my mother, I might say, and our working all the time and so was my husband--and then I was connected with the opera group here and I was out most of the time, and when we met it was usually on the stairway or in and out the door, once, in awhile talking on the steps, perhaps. About the most we did was bid each other the time of day, and that is about all, and, of course, the little boy the same thing. And I say "little boy" because to me he was a child when I saw him. I can vaguely remember, or I have a mental picture of, a little boy with blond, curly hair and rather nice looking, and that is about all I can say, and once In a while if he happened to be going out or coming in at the time I was going, he would always open the door and hold the door for me, and he seemed quite polite.
Mr. LIEBELER. Do you remember anything about Lee Oswald, the boy that lived there? I think you told the FBI that he would always get home before his mother and he was very quiet.
Mrs. SAWYER. Well, I say I am not certain that he always got home before his mother. I imagine he came home from school, because, as I say, occasionally I met him going up and down the stairway or at the door or something like that, but he was not a boisterous child and undoubtedly he was not an unruly child, because I am sure if he had been and she had scolded him we would have heard it unless it was very low voiced and----
Mr. LIEBELER. And you never did hear any arguments between them or any scolding?
Mrs. SAWYER. No.
Mr. LIEBELER. Did he seem to be polite?
Mrs. SAWYER. Yes; quite polite.
Mr. LIEBELER. As far as you can recall, there was nothing peculiar or particularly outstanding about this boy that would call notice to him to distinguish him from other boys his age?
Mrs. SAWYER. Really, no; I wouldn't say anything that I can think of, and, as I say, I never came in contact with him long enough or spoke to him, and they were just average people. She just seemed like a very average mother, and I rather imagined in my own mind that she worked and probably did all she could to take care of him as any mother would. About the only thing I remembered about him was the fact that he was rather a nice-looking little boy, and his blond, curly hair.
Twice.... Mrs Sawyer mentions a youth with BLONDE--CURLY--HAIR ...and described a polite and apparently obedient child.
Are we talking about this youngster....?

JFK Assassination Forum

In Search of the Childhood Lee
« on: April 04, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »

Offline John Tonkovich

Re: In Search of the Childhood Lee
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 02:31:59 AM »
I sense a Harvey and Lee invasion!
Man the battle stations!

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 03:10:17 AM »
Sigh.... I'm guessing Armstrong and Trump are a "two fer".

Mildred Sawyer told FBI interviewer Oswald and his mother moved in next door in late 1955. She said he was a teenager who read a lot. One year later, Oswald was enlisting in the USMC.
Jerry is presenting images of a younger person, presumably because Mildred Sawyer changed her description of her former teenage neighbor?

On October 15, 1956 HARVEY Oswald was interviewed in preparation for his enlistment in the Marine Corps.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=57707&relPageId=69&search=sawyer_and%20commercial

Where is Mildred Sawyer's husband, why is she head of household in the city directory? UPDATE: For some reason, Mrs. Sawyer's husband. Joseph, is listed above the entry for his wife, Mildred Sawyer. FBI collected information from the late 1963 neighbor, Mrs. Martha Howorth, 126 Exchange Place, owner of the Society Page Bar, 119 Exchange Pl.,  describing Joseph Sawyer having died in mid 1962. Mrs. Howorth, "did not know where Mrs. Sawyer worked or what time she would be home."

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:21:52 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 03:10:17 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 03:18:47 AM »
I sense a Harvey and Lee invasion!
Man the battle stations!
What a brilliant response! Let's all be glad that this issue was cleared up so frigging cleverly :-\

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:10:36 AM »

How did "they" keep the "other Marguerite" out of city directories? How much did the years long "concealment" cost? Who paid for the OP and its participants?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 05:10:36 AM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 08:49:46 AM »
How did "they" keep the "other Marguerite" out of city directories? How much did the years long "concealment" cost? Who paid for the OP and its participants?

Dang....... NEW research !!!   What a concept.  Thine Intelligence reeks like surstroming...... (a compliment, bytheway.  hoping today finds you and yours and the Chef well!)  Colonavilus !!!!  Colonavilus!!   There no such ting, you are misconstrued, need bowl of noodles....... no, wait..... that ain't racist, is it, Tom?  Trump needs to suey Pelosi for defamation of calacter.....

Offline John Tonkovich

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
What a brilliant response! Let's all be glad that this issue was cleared up so frigging cleverly :-\

There's no "issue" here to clear up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 05:28:54 AM »
There's no "issue" here to clear up.
sez u...then why bother to respond?