Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dallas Police Station Press Conference  (Read 3003 times)

Offline Michael Walton

Re: Dallas Police Station Press Conference
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »
Advertisement
DETECTIVE DICK SMITH:  "Poor Roger.  Made a claim.  Now can't support it.  ..."

So let me get this straight:

LHO is a supposed loner...but the FBI knew about him.
A reporter asks Wade where LHO is from. He replies and Ruby, the guy who murders him a few days later, corrects him.
The correction was made not by a government official, but an "innocent bystander" like Ruby.
Who supposedly knows no one in the DPD.
And whom Wade supposedly doesn't know.

Hahaha. Sure, Dick, sure. That happens all of the time during press conferences and murder investigations. Hahaha!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 04:33:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
"JFK AND THE UNSPEAKABLE
Why He Died And Why It Matters"

By James W. Douglas
p.177

-snip-

"On October 9, 1963, one week before Lee Harvey Oswald began his job at a site overlooking the president's future parade route,
an FBI official in Washington, D.C., disconnected Oswald from a federal alarm system that was about to identify him as a threat to
national security. The FBI man's name was Marvin Gheesling. He was a supervisor in the Soviet espionage section at FBI headquarters.
His timing was remarkable. As author John Newman remarked in an analysis of this phenomenon, Gheesling "turned off the alarm switch
on Oswald literally an instant before it would have gone off."

Can you explain the memo?

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:46:44 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Gerry Down

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 01:06:37 PM »
Over the years I have been intrigued reading posts from members. So interesting reading other thoughts on the assassination. Approximately 15 years ago I watched a video of a Police Press Conference with a representative describing Oswald 's prior movements to November 22. He mention belonging to a movement in New Orleans but miss described the organization. Someone in the crowd spoke aloud and said, "Fair Play for Cuba."  From reading several books on the assignation, the person who corrected  this officer was Jack Ruby. It has always stuck in the back of my mind that someone else besides the police knew at this point in the investigation about Oswald's past. I might be completely off base because of my age and somewhat memory problems. So, could someone direct me to the video of this press conference. I would like to watch again. Maybe I can listen to the voice and compare to other videos of Ruby speaking.

This is somewhat bothersome. How did Ruby even remember a name like "Fair Play For Cuba". Its a name thats easy to mix up yet Ruby remembers it right off the tip of his tongue. He obviously had heard and knew about this organization before Nov 22nd 1963.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2020, 01:06:37 PM »