Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The mystery Duran photo  (Read 1805 times)

Online Gerry Down

The mystery Duran photo
« on: April 01, 2020, 01:37:09 PM »
Advertisement
On Durans Sparticus Education page it says the following:

To establish his identity Oswald showed Duran her his passport, correspondence with the American Communist Party, his membership card for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, a newspaper clipping about his activities in New Orleans and a photograph of Oswald in custody, accompanied by two police officers.

What photo is this? Who took it? Why did they take it? And why has it never surfaced?

JFK Assassination Forum

The mystery Duran photo
« on: April 01, 2020, 01:37:09 PM »

Online Gerry Down

Re: The mystery Duran photo
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 01:56:50 PM »
Seriously, why are conspiracy theorists not jumping up and down about this photo?

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »
Seriously, why are conspiracy theorists not jumping up and down about this photo?
I think Duran confused a photo of Oswald that she saw in a Mexican newspaper the day after the assassination with the photos/documents that Oswald showed her when he went to the Cuban consulate for a transit visa. As far as I know, there was no photo of Oswald in police custody that was taken before the assassination. The New Orleans Times-Picayune had a brief story about his arrest after the encounter with the anti-Castro Cubans (Bringuier et al) that summer but it didn't include a photo.

Duran/Tirado testified that when she first heard his name and descriptions about him on the radio the day of the assassination that she told her husband that she thought she remembered the name. Then the next day she saw the photo of him in the paper and told her husband that that was the man she remembered visiting previously.

Here is her account (in part):

CORNWELL - And at that time, did you think you remembered the name [broadcast on the news]?
TIRADO - It was, I think, at night, because, it was in the afternoon, perhaps when they start saying about Oswald. Right? and, it was at night and uh, I don't know if I call my husband or we were in the kitchen mixing some drinks or food, I don't know, but we were in the Kitchen and I told him, I think this man went to the Embassy to ask for a visa.
CORNWELL - And at that time, had you heard his name?
TIRADO - His name?
CORNWELL - His name, seen his picture, or both?
TIRADO - No, no. The picture was in the newspapers the next day.
TIRADO - I only told him, I think this man came to the Embassy.

CORNWELL - Then, the next morning you saw a newspaper.
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - Were you sure at that time that that was the man?
TIRADO - Yes.

Look, Oswald clearly (for me) went to Mexico City. The evidence is just overwhelming. But the need to believe in a conspiracy is so great the some people want to reject all of the evidence presented. It's their call but it's like a religion at time; very difficult to reason with.

Her full testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/hscadurn.htm

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:12:02 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 03:10:59 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »
On Durans Sparticus Education page it says the following:

To establish his identity Oswald showed Duran her his passport, correspondence with the American Communist Party, his membership card for the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, a newspaper clipping about his activities in New Orleans and a photograph of Oswald in custody, accompanied by two police officers.

What photo is this? Who took it? Why did they take it? And why has it never surfaced?

I seem to recall seeing that photo.....It was taken at the time that Lee was arrested for arguing with Carlos Bringuer. 

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »
I seem to recall seeing that photo.....It was taken at the time that Lee was arrested for arguing with Carlos Bringuer.

No one else has seen it Walt. Does it exist or doesn't it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 03:30:42 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 03:49:17 PM »
No one else has seen it Walt. Does it exist or doesn't it?

I'll see if I can recall where I've seen the Two N.O. cops leading Lee Oswald to their squad  car.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
I think Duran confused a photo of Oswald that she saw in a Mexican newspaper the day after the assassination with the photos/documents that Oswald showed her when he went to the Cuban consulate for a transit visa. As far as I know, there was no photo of Oswald in police custody that was taken before the assassination. The New Orleans Times-Picayune had a brief story about his arrest after the encounter with the anti-Castro Cubans (Bringuier et al) that summer but it didn't include a photo.

Duran/Tirado testified that when she first heard his name and descriptions about him on the radio the day of the assassination that she told her husband that she thought she remembered the name. Then the next day she saw the photo of him in the paper and told her husband that that was the man she remembered visiting previously.

Here is her account (in part):

CORNWELL - And at that time, did you think you remembered the name [broadcast on the news]?
TIRADO - It was, I think, at night, because, it was in the afternoon, perhaps when they start saying about Oswald. Right? and, it was at night and uh, I don't know if I call my husband or we were in the kitchen mixing some drinks or food, I don't know, but we were in the Kitchen and I told him, I think this man went to the Embassy to ask for a visa.
CORNWELL - And at that time, had you heard his name?
TIRADO - His name?
CORNWELL - His name, seen his picture, or both?
TIRADO - No, no. The picture was in the newspapers the next day.
TIRADO - I only told him, I think this man came to the Embassy.

CORNWELL - Then, the next morning you saw a newspaper.
TIRADO - Yes.
CORNWELL - Were you sure at that time that that was the man?
TIRADO - Yes.

Look, Oswald clearly (for me) went to Mexico City. The evidence is just overwhelming. But the need to believe in a conspiracy is so great the some people want to reject all of the evidence presented. It's their call but it's like a religion at time; very difficult to reason with.

Her full testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/hscadurn.htm

Look, Oswald clearly (for me) went to Mexico City. The evidence is just overwhelming. But the need to believe in a conspiracy is so great the some people want to reject all of the evidence presented.

I believe that Lee Oswald did go to Mexico City and to the Cuban Embassy.... Please explain, why the rejection of this fact is critical to a CT.   

It is a fact that we don't know who sent Lee to Mexico city.... But we do know that Hoover and the FBI knew that Lee was there in position to be associated with the Cuban's.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 05:44:56 AM »
I believe that Lee Oswald did go to Mexico City and to the Cuban Embassy.... Please explain, why the rejection of this fact is critical to a CT.   

At least this is something we can agree on.