Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Brian Walker

Re: Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »
Advertisement
I love Dylan and think he is by far the greatest artist of the rock era but he is a narrative over evidence and proof type of guy.  He always has been. I am not surprised at all that he thinks there was a conspiracy.  He always gets it wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 06:57:03 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 10:29:56 PM »
The Poet of a generation writes a song about a defining event of that generation.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »
The Poet of a generation writes a song about a defining event of that generation.

Quite right, Mr Craig....  The coup d e'tat certainly was a watershed event in the US.    Nothing has been the same as it was before the murder.

Just listen to the change in  our music....it reflects a drastic change in out youth.    Before the Coup....We were singing about happy things, like "wake up little Suzie" or Heartbreak Hotel, etc.....   Now we sing about killing cops.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 10:51:27 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2020, 07:22:50 PM »
He faked being a hippie folk singer.  He later admitted he couldn't stand those folks.  He is at least candid about that fifty years after he cashed out on those knuckleheads.  This song is such a rambling piece of nonsense it is impossible to determine whether he is a conspiracy kook. 

What is the truth, and where did it go?
Ask Oswald and Ruby, they oughta know
It's a pretty awful song - the lyrics, et cetera. Norman Mailer won numerous awards - two Pulitzers, several National Book Awards - but I don't see conspiracy advocates uncritically accepting his book on Oswald. Nor should they.

In any case, on December 13, 1963 Dylan received the "Tom Paine" award and he said this (in part):

“… So, I accept this reward – not reward, (Laughter) award in behalf of Phillip Luce who led the group to Cuba which all people should go down to Cuba. I don’t see why anybody can’t go to Cuba. I don’t see what’s going to hurt by going any place. I don’t know what’s going to hurt anybody’s eyes to see anything. On the other hand, Phillip is a friend of mine who went to Cuba.

I’ll stand up and to get uncompromisable about it, which I have to be to be honest, I just got to be, as I got to admit that the man who shot President Kennedy, Lee Oswald, I don’t know exactly where —what he thought he was doing, but I got to admit honestly that I too – I saw some of myself in him. I don’t think it would have gone – I don’t think it could go that far. But I got to stand up and say I saw things that he felt, in me – not to go that far and shoot. (Boos and hisses) You can boo but booing’s got nothing to do with it. It’s a – I just a – I’ve got to tell you, man, it’s Bill of Rights is free speech and I just want to admit that I accept this Tom Paine Award in behalf of James Forman of the Students Non-Violent Coordinating Committee and on behalf of the people who went to Cuba…”. (Boos and Applause)

I don't know if he later changed his views on this. Probably so.

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »
He faked being a hippie folk singer.  He later admitted he couldn't stand those folks.  He is at least candid about that fifty years after he cashed out on those knuckleheads.  This song is such a rambling piece of nonsense it is impossible to determine whether he is a conspiracy kook. 

::)

Maybe you should contact the Nobel Prize Committee and let them know Dylan was faking it when he wrote the songs in the 60's that garnered him a Nobel Prize.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2020, 07:43:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »
It's a pretty awful song - the lyrics, et cetera. Norman Mailer won numerous awards - two Pulitzers, several National Book Awards - but I don't see conspiracy advocates uncritically accepting his book on Oswald. Nor should they.

In any case, on December 13, 1963 Dylan received the "Tom Paine" award and he said this (in part):

“… So, I accept this reward – not reward, (Laughter) award in behalf of Phillip Luce who led the group to Cuba which all people should go down to Cuba. I don’t see why anybody can’t go to Cuba. I don’t see what’s going to hurt by going any place. I don’t know what’s going to hurt anybody’s eyes to see anything. On the other hand, Phillip is a friend of mine who went to Cuba.

I’ll stand up and to get uncompromisable about it, which I have to be to be honest, I just got to be, as I got to admit that the man who shot President Kennedy, Lee Oswald, I don’t know exactly where —what he thought he was doing, but I got to admit honestly that I too – I saw some of myself in him. I don’t think it would have gone – I don’t think it could go that far. But I got to stand up and say I saw things that he felt, in me – not to go that far and shoot. (Boos and hisses) You can boo but booing’s got nothing to do with it. It’s a – I just a – I’ve got to tell you, man, it’s Bill of Rights is free speech and I just want to admit that I accept this Tom Paine Award in behalf of James Forman of the Students Non-Violent Coordinating Committee and on behalf of the people who went to Cuba…”. (Boos and Applause)

I don't know if he later changed his views on this. Probably so.

I don’t see why anybody can’t go to Cuba. I don’t see what’s going to hurt by going any place. I don’t know what’s going to hurt anybody’s eyes to see anything. On the other hand,

Since it's common knowledge that Castro was supposed to be blamed for the assassination of JFK....

And Castor conducted a very through investigation concerning WHO was behind the murder....Do you suppose that you're blocked from going to Cuba because "Someone" is very afraid that you might learn the truth.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 10:38:53 PM »
This song is such a rambling piece of nonsense it is impossible to determine whether he is a conspiracy kook. 

Not nearly as rambling and nonsensical as what you post here.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2020, 10:38:53 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2020, 11:05:10 PM »

The answer is blowin' in the (Dealy Plaza 11.22.63 12:30-ish) wind

And although I find the lyrics most foul in Murder Most Foul,
Dylan's Hurricane is a veritable tour-de-force

'Hurricane' Bob Dylan
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 11:29:42 PM by Bill Chapman »