Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald run (rather than walk) to 10th and Patton?  (Read 8915 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Did Oswald run (rather than walk) to 10th and Patton?
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »
Advertisement
What was the purpose of Oswald seemly desperate to leave TSBD and get to his boarding house ASAP ?

One of the reasons to suspect the Mrs Reid meeting Oswald just after Baker/Truly is that Oswald was NOT in a hurry which does not fit the WC theory he was anxious to escape

So imo, the bus trip never really happened and the bus transfer ticket that had neither McWatters fingerprints nor Oswalds, was planted to make create the illusion Oswald was in a hurry

Zeon, was McWatters lying when he said he picked up a man near Elm & Field (not a bus stop, while the bus was stopped in traffic) who then got back off the bus a few minutes later after asking for a transfer?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:17 AM »
The title to this thread states that Lee Oswald was at 10th and Patton       Who can prove that Lee was in fact at that location at the time that Tippit was shot?

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,697.0.html

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »
Like hell. From the video--- "Oswald arrived at just before 1PM". That is according to the official story. That must be accurate or it doesn't work. "He left moments later"-- So how long was that? What was the testimony again?.....Hell! Every second counted!
One thing to consider ...according to this cab driver who took Oswald from downtown to Oak Cliff---Dropped him off at 500 N. Beckley. So, if Oswald was in such a hurry to get in and grab his gun and double time it to 10th St...why all the extra steps? The Report lets that slide.
Gary Mack's walker stopped at 3:17 Did a restart at 5:05 Did another restart at 7:03. The whole demo was just silly and self serving.
& They did not dispel one myth...That Oswald killed J D Tippit.

One thing to consider ...according to this cab driver who took Oswald from downtown to Oak Cliff---Dropped him off at 500 N. Beckley.

No.

Whaley stated that Oswald gave the destination of 500 N. Beckley but that when they approached the 700 block (two blocks short of the original destination), Oswald decided to just get out there.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:32:02 AM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2020, 08:27:11 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2020, 04:36:42 PM »

No.

Whaley stated that Oswald gave the destination of 500 N. Beckley but that when they approached the 700 block (two blocks short of the original destination), Oswald decided to just get out there.

Eventually he did.  Not in his original statement.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »
Time of the shooting---
I looked at my watch and it said 1:10 pm---  Several people were at the scene---T F Bowley

Even though Helen Markham [the Warren Commission's star witness] said 1:06...we'll go with 1:10 and we'll go with 1:00 departure from the Beckley room. Never mind what Whaley said...Oswald must have ran to his room...ran in and grabbed a gun and ran all the way to the 10th St location so he could get there in time to shoot a cop. You would think he would be out of breath to run any more ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2020, 04:55:12 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:39 PM »
Eventually he did.  Not in his original statement.

I'd bet a large sum that this typed up "affidavit was not signed by Willam Whaley.   

The handwriting looks to be that of Patsy Collins.....

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »
Mr. BELIN. Did you sign an affidavit for the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. I will hand you a document which I am calling Whaley Deposition Exhibit A, and ask you to say if your signature appears on there?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is my signature.
Mr. BELIN. Now I notice in the statement there it says that you traveled Wood Street to Houston Street, turned left and went over the viaduct to Zangs Boulevard. You see that statement there?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. "Traveled Zangs to Beckley and turned left and traveled on Beckley until I reached the 500 block of North Beckley. When I got in the 500 block of North Beckley he said this will do and I stopped."
Now is that what you told them on that day?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is what I told them on that day.
Mr. BELIN. Well, was that the fact that you drove until you reached the 500 block, or not?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, I didn't drive until I reached the 500 block. I drove until I reached Beckley and Neely. If you would be in my place when they took me down there, when they had to force their way through the reporters to get me in the office, they wrote that up, and I signed it, because I told them that the man said he wanted to go to the 500 block of North Beckley.
Can you say "Bullied'?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2020, 03:58:43 AM »
I'd bet a large sum that this typed up "affidavit was not signed by Willam Whaley.   

The handwriting looks to be that of Patsy Collins.....

I was looking at it and had the exact same idea. Eerily similar.