Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Did Oswald run (rather than walk) to 10th and Patton?  (Read 8909 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Did Oswald run (rather than walk) to 10th and Patton?
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:32 PM »
Advertisement
Aynesworth has a habit of relaying statements years later after the people who allegedly made them are gone.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:32 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2020, 08:41:19 PM »
I addressed it with Aynesworth’s explanation. He says Hosty admitted he made a mistake and apologized.

I gather no corroboration, just Aynesworth's explanation? What about the reference to the Revill story and Jim Ewell? I gather that was the one about the conversation in the car park on the way into interrogate Oswald.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 08:50:16 PM »
I gather no corroboration, just Aynesworth's explanation? What about the reference to the Revill story and Jim Ewell? I gather that was the one about the conversation in the car park on the way into interrogate Oswald.

Perhaps the referenced story in Esquire magazine in 1976 would shed more light. I haven’t seen it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2020, 08:50:16 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »
Perhaps the referenced story in Esquire magazine in 1976 would shed more light. I haven’t seen it.

You might want to read Hosty's WC testimony.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »
You might want to read Hosty's WC testimony.

Or read Revill's letter of 11/22/63 to Captain Gannaway.....  Revill said that Hosty told him that the FBI knew that Lee Oswald ( who was a communist) was capable of murdering the President, but they didn't believe that he would actually do it.   And prior to telling Revill that ...Hosty had said that Lee Oswald was the man who had shot the President.   

Obviously Hosty was a top notch FBI agent with clairvoyance .....  He should have been promoted to a high position in the FBI.......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2020, 10:32:40 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2020, 11:05:44 PM »
Huh?  We don't know Oswald's intended destination because he encountered Tippit.  His destination wasn't 10th/Patton.  Oswald was in flight after assassinating the president.  He was evading arrest.  Whatever plan he had was disrupted within a few minutes after leaving his boardinghouse.  Only Oswald would know where he was heading.  The Boston bomber ended up hiding in a boat in someone's backyard.  I don't think that was part of his plan.
Defecating straw that was eaten from the barn floor.

Hugh Aynesworth was told by Earlene Roberts that he was the first reporter on the scene at 1026 North Beckley. And that the police had just left after searching the place. Here is what she said to Hugh: “He came in running like the dickens,” she said, and didn’t respond when she asked him his hurry. “He just ran in his room, got a short tan coat, and ran back out.”

(Page 50 and 51 of “Witness to History” by Hugh Aynesworth.)
Wouldn't that [uncorroborated] 'statement' be best described as--- Hugh Aynesworth SAID he was told by Earlene Roberts .......etc
Still ignoring there----- Mrs Roberts' affidavit made on Dec 5 and testimony on April 8, 1964... Just 5 months after President Kennedy was killed.  with no mention at all of Aynesworth [maybe she forgot] :D
Aynesworth was not called to testify even though he was at every notable location that day and also [supposedly] at the Ruby shooting..the Commission attorneys must have known better.
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:59 PM »
Defecating straw that was eaten from the barn floor.Wouldn't that [uncorroborated] 'statement' be best described as--- Hugh Aynesworth SAID he was told by Earlene Roberts .......etc
Still ignoring there----- Mrs Roberts' affidavit made on Dec 5 and testimony on April 8, 1964... Just 5 months after President Kennedy was killed.  with no mention at all of Aynesworth [maybe she forgot] :D
Aynesworth was not called to testify even though he was at every notable location that day and also [supposedly] at the Ruby shooting..the Commission attorneys must have known better.
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh7/pdf/WH7_Roberts_aff.pdf

Wouldn't that [uncorroborated] 'statement' be best described as--- Hugh Aynesworth SAID he was told by Earlene Roberts .......etc

Hugh Aynesworth is a respected journalist. He used quotes for what he wrote about what he was told on 11/22/63. This indicates he made notes of what he was told and the words are verbatim. You can verify this with Hugh. I believe he is still around.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:59 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2020, 11:28:49 PM »

Hugh Aynesworth is a respected journalist. He used quotes for what he wrote about what he was told on 11/22/63. This indicates he made notes of what he was told and the words are verbatim. You can verify this with Hugh. I believe he is still around.

Then why didn't he come forward once he knew from the WC report that Roberts had told him something different than what she testified?

He could have published a story, right? So why didn't he?

No matter how you twist and turn it, you rely on a 35 year old memory. Good luck with that!