Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 43452 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2020, 04:45:07 AM »
Advertisement
1.) The prominent identifying characteristic on a model 89/90/91 is the magazine. If you've studied enough, you can pick out one on these rifles from 50 feet away based solely on magazine.
2.) Accurate identification using the magazine requires a certain level of knowledge of the model 89/90/91, as well as a certain level of knowledge of the design of other single-stack magazine rifles.
3.) If you have some knowledge, but not enough, you're prone to making mistakes.
4.) The rifle that most resembles the Carcano isn't a Mauser '91, it's a Gew88, which isn't a coincidence, BTW. OK, maybe a Mannlicher M1893.

Sure, but who would take a "glance" at a rifle and make up all that crap, even if he did know the caliber of a Mauser and how many bullets the clip held?  Especially for a sworn affidavit pertaining to the assassination of the POTUS! No one would do that. Weitzman was obviously pressured into recanting his sworn testimony and concede that he only glanced at the rifle and guessed it was a Mauser. Sure, his affidavit was a guesstimate. Only a LNer believes that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:48:40 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: April 09, 2020, 04:45:07 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #297 on: April 09, 2020, 05:03:07 AM »
Sure, but who would take a "glance" at a rifle and make up all that crap, even if he did know the caliber of a Mauser and how many bullets the clip held?  Especially for a sworn affidavit pertaining to the assassination of the POTUS! No one would do that. Weitzman was obviously pressured into recanting his sworn testimony and concede that he only glanced at the rifle and guessed it was a Mauser. Sure, his affidavit was a guesstimate. Only a LNer believes that.
Who said he made up any of it? That's what he honestly thought at the time. But just because he honestly thought so doesn't mean he was right. People do that all the time. The rest is just a bunch of your patented baseless assertions.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2020, 05:11:53 AM »
Who said he made up any of it? That's what he honestly thought at the time. But just because he honestly thought so doesn't mean he was right. People do that all the time. The rest is just a bunch of your patented baseless assertions.

Why do you think Weitzman pretended like he knew what the rifle was, at a glance? This was a pretty important event to just "wing it", don't you think?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: April 09, 2020, 05:11:53 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #299 on: April 09, 2020, 05:45:38 AM »
Why do you think Weitzman pretended like he knew what the rifle was, at a glance? This was a pretty important event to just "wing it", don't you think?
When did I ever say Weitzman pretended anything? 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 01:10:04 PM by Mitch Todd »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2020, 05:59:12 AM »
When did I ever way Weitzman pretended anything?

I never said you claimed anything, I asked you a question. Why do you think Weitzman pretended he knew the rifle was a Mauser, conjured up specific details about it, at a glance, and swear by it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2020, 05:59:12 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2020, 06:06:14 AM »
I never said you claimed anything, I asked you a question. Why do you think Weitzman pretended he knew the rifle was a Mauser, conjured up specific details about it, at a glance, and swear by it?
Your question presupposes that either I've said Weitzman pretended whatever, or that I think that Weitzman pretended whatever. Both presumptions are the result of your own cognitive disfunctions.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »
How did Weitzman know how many rounds it held? Was it:
a) Once he decided it was a Mauser, said it was 5 because Mausers hold 5 rounds?
b) happened to be carrying several rounds of Mauser ammo, and started loading them into the weapon just to see how many fit?
c) picked up the rifle and unloaded five rounds from the magazine?

If you want to argue b) or c), you'd better have a damn good reason to claim either.

Seriously, Mitch? You have to load/unload a clip to see how many bullets it holds?

You don’t have to have a damn good reason to argue A? Weitzman never said he was just assuming that the rifle had a 5 shot clip. I thought you claimed he didn’t know anything about rifles.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2020, 07:52:48 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2020, 07:53:59 AM »
James Young only said that the bullet was delivered to Bethesda by a corpsman in an envelope. He didn't say that it was recovered or discovered by the corpsman.

Huh? What does that have to do with the Mauser?