Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 42283 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2020, 02:16:06 AM »
Advertisement
Whether or not a Mauser was found in the TSBD is irrelevant, as the bullet found at Parkland after falling out of the Governor's thigh, as well as the to large bullet fragment recovered from the limousine were determined to have been fired through the barrel of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle to the exclusion of all other rifles in the world.

No bullets or cartridges of 7.65 mm were ever recovered at the assassination scenes: the TSBD, Dealey Plaza etc.

Lead fragments recovered from the victims' bodies and the limousine were analyzed using Neutron Activation Analyses and it turned out that they all originated from the recovered bullet and fragments.

The evidence tying Oswald to the "assassination rifle" is questionable or so I am lead to believe.

While I agree in general with you Joffrey...there are several points that I would not agree with.....

Whether or not a Mauser was found in the TSBD is irrelevant,   Yes it is irrelevant for the reason you point out....But it IS relevant from the perspective that "Someone" was attempting to introduce a mauser into the evidence stream  ( see FBI agent  A1bert Sawers report)

What was the reason???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2020, 02:16:06 AM »

Offline Joffrey van de Wiel

« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2020, 02:44:19 PM »
While I agree in general with you Joffrey...there are several points that I would not agree with.....

Whether or not a Mauser was found in the TSBD is irrelevant,   Yes it is irrelevant for the reason you point out....But it IS relevant from the perspective that "Someone" was attempting to introduce a mauser into the evidence stream  ( see FBI agent  A1bert Sawers report)

What was the reason???

I  believe it was a matter of mis-identification of the Mannlicher-Carcano. Apparently, it is similar in appearance as the Mauser in question. On the picture below, a Mauser on top and the Mannlicher-Carcano at the bottom.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »
I  believe it was a matter of mis-identification of the Mannlicher-Carcano. Apparently, it is similar in appearance as the Mauser in question. On the picture below, a Mauser on top and the Mannlicher-Carcano at the bottom.

I  believe it was a matter of mis-identification of the Mannlicher-Carcano.

Joffery, THAT  is what the discussion has been about for decades.....   And you're right.... BUT there had to have been a 7.65 mauser in Weitzman's hands or he could not have gave the detailed description of that mauser.

There's no doubt what- so- ever that the rifle that Weitzman and Boone discovered was in fact a Mannlicher Carcano ....SO the question becomes...WHO tried to introduce a 7.65 mauser into the evidence stream, and what was their motive???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:42 PM »

Both of the rifles illustrated are Mannlicher Carcano..... So they should look alike........ 

It's interesting that someone has photographically mounted a scope on the carcano in the lower photo....  It's hilarious !!   They've "mounted" the scope on the right hand side, which would render the rifle useless.....
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:15:34 PM by Walt Cakebread »

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »
Both of the rifles illustrated are Mannlicher Carcano..... So they should look alike........ 

It's interesting that someone has photographically mounted a scope on the carcano in the lower photo....  It's hilarious !!   They've "mounted" the scope on the right hand side, which would render the rifle useless.....

The top one is supposed to be a Mauser. Here's another picture:

The scope on the Carcano was wobbly and shins had to be installed to make it stable enough for firing tests. And it turned out to be defective.

Could Weitzmann have described the Mannlicher-Carcano but misnamed it as a Mauser?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:34 PM »
The top one is supposed to be a Mauser. Here's another picture:

The scope on the Carcano was wobbly and shins had to be installed to make it stable enough for firing tests. And it turned out to be defective.

Could Weitzmann have described the Mannlicher-Carcano but misnamed it as a Mauser?

Both photos that you originally posted are Mannlicher Carcanos ..... However On closer inspection I believe that the scope being mounted on the righ hand side is an optical illusion which creates an optical confusion. ....

No, absolutely not!  Weitzman definitely had a 7.65 Mauser in his hands when he described the rifle....

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »
Both photos that you originally posted are Mannlicher Carcanos ..... However On closer inspection I believe that the scope being mounted on the righ hand side is an optical illusion which creates an optical confusion. ....

No, absolutely not!  Weitzman definitely had a 7.65 Mauser in his hands when he described the rifle....

I don't think it is likely that a Mauser was introduced into evidence as you state. Note that Weitzman does not mention specific characteristics like the serial number, the clip, the home-made sling etc. In his signed Affidavit of November 23rd he states that the rifle was a

- 7.65 (wrong)
- Mauser (wrong)
- bolt-action (correct)
- equipped with a 4/18 scope (correct)
- with a thick leather brownish black sling (correct.)

Nowhere in the record is there any reference to TWO rifles being discovered, it was always just the one. It does not make sense for any conspirators to create a paper trail leading from the C2766 Mannlicher-Carcano via the Hidell alias to Oswald's PO box and back to Klein's Sporting Goods in Chicago, and then to leave the wrong rifle at the crime scene!

On the one hand the conspirators devised a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel, but also so sloppy to leave the wrong evidence behind? I don't buy that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »

« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »
But then: