Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 42263 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »
Advertisement
Aren't results the best measure of the utility of our filters enhancing or restricting the process of inquiry? Example, if you dismiss everything documented by the FBI or the DPD, you will have an easier time, but conversely, who will you convince, anticipating who your potential readership will likely be, if you take the records, statements, or evidence presented by either law enforcement agency as gospel?

The internet has been a useful resource for 20+ years, but how much of the basis of current debate is influenced primarily by pre-internet authors and film makers?
How much of our POVs is influenced excessively by research that was based on incomplete information, gaps filled in by suspicion of worst case scenario?

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%20Subject%20Index%20Files/R%20Disk/Roberts%20Craig/Item%2002.pdf

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340385/m1/3/?q=%22joseph%20ball%22

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:44:22 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: April 02, 2020, 12:42:17 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2020, 03:01:03 PM »
The Alyea film does not prove that Weitzman and Boone found the carcano, and I never have made that claim.....I've told you repeatedly that virtually everybody who was there on the sixth floor said that Weitzman and Boone  discovered the carcano......   ( even though they didn't know what kind of rifle they had found and Weitzman speculated and made a WAG that it was a 7.65 Mauser)  So you'll need to refute every man that was there if you doubt that Weitzman and Boone found the carcano.

Weitzman and Boone didn't leave the sixth floor the instant Fritz arrived at the site....( They can be seen in photos taken of Fritz and Day examining the Carcano.)

And simply because they said the rifle was a 7.65 Mauser does NOT make it a fact.   Weitzman clearly said that he had guessed about the rifle being a Mauser, and "Much to his sorrow" he was wrong.   The rifle was NOT a Mauser.....

Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself, Gary?

"Weitzman and Boone didn't leave the sixth floor the instant Fritz arrived at the site...."

Fritz was on the 6th floor before Boone and Weitzman found a rifle stuffed between book boxes.

"( They can be seen in photos taken of Fritz and Day examining the Carcano.)"

I would like to see these photos.

"And simply because they said the rifle was a 7.65 Mauser does NOT make it a fact."

The signed, sworn and notarized affidavits stating they did find a 7.65 Mauser are admissible as evidence.

So it's a bit more than them simply stating they found the rifle.

"Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself, Gary?"

I don't. Most times I engage you on this forum I do feel like a fool for doing so though.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:02:13 PM by Gary Craig »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2020, 04:33:38 PM »

"Weitzman and Boone didn't leave the sixth floor the instant Fritz arrived at the site...."

Fritz was on the 6th floor before Boone and Weitzman found a rifle stuffed between book boxes.

"( They can be seen in photos taken of Fritz and Day examining the Carcano.)"

I would like to see these photos.

"And simply because they said the rifle was a 7.65 Mauser does NOT make it a fact."

The signed, sworn and notarized affidavits stating they did find a 7.65 Mauser are admissible as evidence.

So it's a bit more than them simply stating they found the rifle.

"Do you enjoy making a fool of yourself, Gary?"

I don't. Most times I engage you on this forum I do feel like a fool for doing so though.

You expose yourself as an ignoramus in nearly every post    ( an ignoramous who knows very little about the fundamental facts of the case)

For example... Only a ignorant fool would present the affidavits of Boone and Weitman as proof that the rifle they discovered was a 7.65 Mauser when there are dozens of photos that clearly show that the rifle is a carcano and they were wrong in their first WAG about the rifle.   And Only an ignoramus would totally ignore the follow up affidavits in which they stated that they were wrong about the rifle being a mauser. 

So the photos show that they were wrong and they stated that they were wrong.....But please continue to display your ignorance...  because it definitely does NOT enhance your credibility.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: April 02, 2020, 04:33:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #203 on: April 02, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
If it were just an excuse, you'd be able to marshal some cogent argument against it.

I have to come up with an argument against your pure speculation that Weitzman described a clip that wasn't there, but that he just assumed was there because the rifle looked like a Mauser?  Please.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2020, 06:53:02 PM »
Point out where Weitzman and/or Boone said that the rifle in the Alyea film is not the rifle that they saw.

I never claimed they did.  I don't even have any reason to believe that Weitzman and/or Boone ever saw the Alyea film.  Do you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: April 02, 2020, 06:53:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #205 on: April 02, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »
For example... Only a ignorant fool would present the affidavits of Boone and Weitman as proof that the rifle they discovered was a 7.65 Mauser when there are dozens of photos that clearly show that the rifle is a carcano and they were wrong in their first WAG about the rifle.

We're still waiting to see these photos of Boone and Weitzman examining the Alyea rifle.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »
We're still waiting to see these photos of Boone and Weitzman examining the Alyea rifle.

WHO??? in the hell said that there are photos  of Weitzman and Boone examining the CARCANO that Lt Day had picked up from beneath the boxes of books?   

Weitzman, Boone, and Craig do appear in Tom Alyea's film ...They are in the background and no where near Fritz or the CARCANO.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: April 02, 2020, 07:02:09 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #207 on: April 02, 2020, 07:09:19 PM »
WHO??? in the hell said that there are photos  of Weitzman and Boone examining the CARCANO that Lt Day had picked up from beneath the boxes of books?   

Weitzman, Boone, and Craig do appear in Tom Alyea's film ...They are in the background and no where near Fritz or the CARCANO.

Please point them out in the Alyea frame of your choice.

And why do you assume that their examination of the Mauser they described would have been captured in the Alyea film clips that you have seen?