Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 43663 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2020, 04:12:41 AM »
Advertisement
Doesn't Weitzman's signed affidavit that he examined a Mauser on the 22nd give you the slightest bit of pause? Otherwise, why would you think he knew Mausers were 7.65 caliber and a Mauser held 5 rounds? He admitted that he was no expert. Do you really think that Weitzman was describing a rifle from another day or the MC?
If I had a dollar for single every time I saw someone say that X was a Y, but it turned out to be something else, I'd be a filthy rich man. Weitzman was a guy whose expertise with rifles originates from his yearlong stint winding down a chain of discount stores. That's it. On the other hand, we have the Alyea film of Day removing the rifle and the news photos of it being taken from the TSBD.

If Weitzman was telling the truth (before he thought better of it) then there were 2 rifles found on the 22nd. In which case, the Mauser was not captured on film because Fritz pulled a switcheroo before Alyea started filming. Fritz seemed to be in control of what got documented and how to stage the crime scene before any film was shot.  For example, Fritz tampered with the crime scene by picking up the 3 hulls with his bare hands and put them in his pocket, then later staged an in situ photograph of the hulls in a more scattered (believable) arrangement by tossing them onto the floor so a rookie cop could take a photo of them. If he could do that, then what's the big deal about pulling a switcheroo with the rifle, if he had to because a DPD bumpkin stumbled onto the Mauser by mistake?

Otherwise, you have to believe the testimony of the conspirators that the 1st rifle found was the MC. Why you and Walt believe Fritz and Day is beyond me. Screw the film. Fritz staged that too. Alyea might have been oblivious to it all, but I doubt he would have been allowed to be there if Fritz didn't  have control over the narrative his film portrayed.

But since you are a LNer, you think the MC is THE 1 and only rifle, which Oswald used to kill the POTUS with a magic bullet and a wonky scope from the 6th floor of the TSBD. And definitely NOT with a Mauser! Walt thinks the whole Mauser story is insane BS but his crazy conspiracy theory is AOK.  Thumb1:
Of what you wrote, the parts that aren't baseless assertions are just circular logic. "I'm claiming there was a conspiracy, and if there's any evidence against what I'm claiming then it's because The Conspiracy made it that way."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2020, 04:12:41 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2020, 04:30:19 AM »
Three sheriff’s deputies saying they saw a Mauser.
That's not evidence of two rifles, it's evidence of one. Who said that they found a Carcano and a Mauser? And which Sherrif's deputies are those?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2020, 05:59:47 AM »
That's not evidence of two rifles, it's evidence of one. Who said that they found a Carcano and a Mauser? And which Sherrif's deputies are those?

Weitzman, Boone, and Craig. They all stated that they saw a Mauser. You’re convinced that the Alyea film shows a Carcano. That’s two rifles.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2020, 05:59:47 AM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2020, 06:02:12 AM »
If I had a dollar for single every time I saw someone say that X was a Y, but it turned out to be something else, I'd be a filthy rich man. Weitzman was a guy whose expertise with rifles originates from his yearlong stint winding down a chain of discount stores. That's it. On the other hand, we have the Alyea film of Day removing the rifle and the news photos of it being taken from the TSBD.
Of what you wrote, the parts that aren't baseless assertions are just circular logic. "I'm claiming there was a conspiracy, and if there's any evidence against what I'm claiming then it's because The Conspiracy made it that way."

Now you're sounding like the LNer that you are. Alyea was the person who said Fritz staged the in situ photo of the hulls? So is he a liar too? Then why do you consider his film gospel? Oh right, the LNer thing and your denial of any evidence against it.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »
'Mauser' was in effect the generic term for all bolt-action rifles.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 01:25:02 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2020, 01:22:52 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2020, 04:35:11 PM »

At least in the context of WC apologists defending their apology.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »

Sure it was. And “7.65 caliber” was a generic term for any caliber, and “5 shot clip which is locked on the underside of the receiver forward of the trigger guard” is a generic term for rifles that don’t have those things.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »
Sure it was. And “7.65 caliber” was a generic term for any caliber, and “5 shot clip which is locked on the underside of the receiver forward of the trigger guard” is a generic term for rifles that don’t have those things.

For once Chappie is right....   Many folks referred to any bolt action large caliber rifle as a "Mauser", which was a misnomer of course but it's true.   Many folks call any bottled soft drink a "coke"