Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 43519 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, we know. Seen it all before, countless times. And it doesn't change anything.

The Alyea film shows a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle shown in press photos as it left the TSBD was a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle in evidence is a Carcano.

The contrafactuals are Weitzman's and Boone's affidavits and reports of interviews all taken within the first day or two after the assassination, and an assertion by Roger Craig 10 years after the fact. 

However:

Boone says that he only said "Mauser" because he heard someone else say it, so he's no authority.

Weitzman testified that he was the guy who said it, but said he was mistaken, which would mean that Boone was, too.

No one has even come close to establishing that either Boone or Weitzman knew enough about firearms to tell a Carcano from a Mauser from a Mannlicher from a ScmidRubin from an Enfield, etc.

That leaves Craig, but Craig's 1973 story about seeing "7.65 Mauser" on the barrel is directly contradicted by his earlier, 1968 story that he didn't know what the rifle was. Not to mention all those years of not having mentioned "7.65 Mauser" at all.

There is film and photo on one side. On the other, a guy who only repeated what he'd heard someone else say, a guy who just said he made a mistake, and some dude who really couldn't get his story straight.

This FBI memo which was written by FBI agent  BrianSayers has always puzzled me.....

It says:...Mr SEYMOUR WIETZMAN Deputy Constable Dallas County Constable's office  was interviewed in the presence of Detective CW BROWN, Homicide  Bureau, Dallas Police Department. He furnished the following information.

Question....Did FBI agent Sayers interview Seymour Weitzmam ?.... Or did he get the information from Detective CW Brown who had interviewed Weitzman.

Since there are several errors in the report  ie;  The report says that Seymour Weitzman was in the SW corner of the sixth floor and Boone was in the NW corner of the sixth floor and called to Weitzman when he found the rife.     This is not true.....Both Boone and Weitzman were in the NW corner and only a few feet apart.   Boone was facing east with his back against the west wall, and Weitzman was on the floor shining his flashlight west beneath a pallet that had boxes of books stacked on it. He was looking in the direction of  Boone's feet...

I'm compelled to wonder if Sayers actually interviewed Weitzman.   and if he did ...did he screw up other things that Weitzman allegedly  said?? 

PS....I did not write Brian Sawyers ......I wrote Brian   Albert Sawyers......and I have attempted to correct that by erasing the name "Brian " and inserting Albert, but it doesn't change....  Can anybody explain this?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:03:22 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »
Weitzman’s affidavit was from Saturday - long after the Carcano seen being carried out of the TSBD was in evidence. The excuse he gave in his retraction was that he only saw it “at a glance”, but not only did his affidavit give a very specific caliber for the rifle, he also described the rifle, scope, and strap in quite a lot of detail for just a “glance”.

Curry was forced to retract his statement that the FBI had prior knowledge of Oswald, but it was true.

The screwy part of Sayer's report says that Weitzman actually had the rifle in his hands and Captain Fritz " appeared and took the rifle from him"

WHERE did Sayers get that idea???

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 02:44:15 PM »
Yes, we know. Seen it all before, countless times. And it doesn't change anything.

The Alyea film shows a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle shown in press photos as it left the TSBD was a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle in evidence is a Carcano.

The contrafactuals are Weitzman's and Boone's affidavits and reports of interviews all taken within the first day or two after the assassination, and an assertion by Roger Craig 10 years after the fact. 

However:

Boone says that he only said "Mauser" because he heard someone else say it, so he's no authority.

Weitzman testified that he was the guy who said it, but said he was mistaken, which would mean that Boone was, too.

No one has even come close to establishing that either Boone or Weitzman knew enough about firearms to tell a Carcano from a Mauser from a Mannlicher from a Schmidt-Rubin from an Enfield, etc.

That leaves Craig, but Craig's 1973 story about seeing "7.65 Mauser" on the barrel is directly contradicted by his earlier, 1968 story that he didn't know what the rifle was. Not to mention all those years of not having mentioned "7.65 Mauser" at all.

There is film and photo on one side. On the other, a guy who only repeated what he'd heard someone else say, a guy who just said he made a mistake, and some dude who really couldn't get his story straight.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2020, 02:44:15 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2020, 03:13:27 PM »
PS....I did not write Brian Sawyers ......I wrote Brian   BrianSawyers......and I have attempted to correct that by erasing the name "Brian " and inserting Albert, but it doesn't change....  Can anybody explain this?

Must be one of Duncan's automatic word replacement scripts.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2020, 03:32:20 PM »
Must be one of Duncan's automatic word replacement scripts.

Yes....  I think you're right. ...but it is frustrating.   

Do you have any idea how Sayers got the idea that Seymour Weitzman actually had the rifle in his hands and Fritz "appeared and took it from him"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2020, 03:32:20 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2020, 03:52:57 PM »

PS....I did not write Brian Sawyers ......I wrote Brian   BrianSawyers......and I have attempted to correct that by erasing the name "Brian " and inserting Albert, but it doesn't change....  Can anybody explain this?

Walt, it is a script. My "work around" is to spell it using the number 1 as a substitute for the non-capital letter L :

A1bert

Responding to the question asked in the OP of this thread....

What do you make of this... I discovered and documented Grossi / Bowen informing author Epstein that Oswald brought his MC rifle to their place of employment and that James H Martin had an interestingly similar criminal background as Grossi / Bowen with the US Navy at approx. the same time, both were car thieves, and Martin claimed the government had run his background and "propositioned him" into taking Marina and her two girls into his home. Not the stuff of lone nuttery!

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=71122&search=martin_and+%221941+chevrolet+car%22#relPageId=4&tab=page
FBI - HSCA Subject File: James Herbert Martin/
https://www.maryferrell.org/php/showlist.php?docset=1252

Anybody want to attempt to explain why Fleda Ryder Bowen Mantooth's brother, Dial Ryder, and her former husband Jack Bowen, father of their son, wanted the public to believe Oswald just happened to present "his rifle" to both of them? Doesn't seem to fit the "lone nut" narrative, but more like conspiring of a felon or two, to plant or to cement a narrative? ....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:59:13 PM by Tom Scully »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2020, 04:17:54 PM »
Yes....  I think you're right. ...but it is frustrating.   

Do you have any idea how Sayers got the idea that Seymour Weitzman actually had the rifle in his hands and Fritz "appeared and took it from him"

Maybe it actually happened.  You can't expect that the small amount of remaining Alyea footage captured everything that happened.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2020, 04:17:54 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2020, 04:23:06 PM »
Walt, it is a script. My "work around" is to spell it using the number 1 as a substitute for the non-capital letter L :

A1bert

Responding to the question asked in the OP of this thread....

Thank you, Tom..... I'll try that the next time....