Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 42246 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2020, 12:05:38 AM »
Advertisement

I think that you'll find that Roger Craig did say the rifle was a 7.65 Mauser.   But It really doesn't matter WHEN he made that statement....It has taken root and many fools actually believe it...   The posts on this thread prove that there are idiots who refuse to use their God given eyes and brain and continue to argue that the rifle was a Mauser and it was switched for the carcano to frame Lee Oswald.

Weitzman said it was a 7.65 Mauser too. According to you, Craig got it from him. But neither of them read anything off the barrel, right? Since Weitzman was no expert, he couldn't just make a guess and leave it at that. He had to examine the rifle to confirm it, right? So how could he have examined the rifle on the 22nd and sign an affidavit the next day claiming it was a 7.65 Mauser? That's a pretty specific mistake under the circumstances which only a fool would think was irrelevant.

The only way for you to prove your case is to show the film frames where Fritz handed the rifle to Weitzman and after having examined it, claimed it was a 7.65 Mauser, then handed it back to Fritz. That's Weiztman's testimony. Then you must take a screen grab of the best quality frame from that sequence and positively ID the rifle as a MC and not a Mauser. That is the only way you can keep from looking more like an idiot with your "extract your head and see it with your own eyes" horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns. Otherwise, you're shilling for the conspirators no different than a LNer.

There very well might not have been a Mauser, but sure as hell not because you say so.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:06:12 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2020, 12:05:38 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2020, 12:17:43 AM »
Weitzman said it was a 7.65 Mauser too. According to you, Craig got it from him. But neither of them read anything off the barrel, right? Since Weitzman was no expert, he couldn't just make a guess and leave it at that. He had to examine the rifle to confirm it, right? So how could he have examined the rifle on the 22nd and sign an affidavit the next day claiming it was a 7.65 Mauser? That's a pretty specific mistake under the circumstances which only a fool would think was irrelevant.

The only way for you to prove your case is to show the film frames where Fritz handed the rifle to Weitzman and after having examined it, claimed it was a 7.65 Mauser, then handed it back to Fritz. That's Weiztman's testimony. Then you must take a screen grab of the best quality frame from that sequence and positively ID the rifle as a MC and not a Mauser. That is the only way you can keep from looking more like an idiot with your "extract your head and see it with your own eyes" horsespombleprofglidnoctobuns. Otherwise, you're shilling for the conspirators no different than a LNer.

There very well might not have been a Mauser, but sure as hell not because you say so.

How stupid are you?.....I have never ever said anybody should simply accept my word....I have repeatedly told everybody to OPEN their eyes and LOOK at Tom Alyea's film of Detective Day examining the rifle, and decide for themselves.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2020, 12:46:48 AM »

How stupid are you?.....I have never ever said anybody should simply accept my word....I have repeatedly told everybody to OPEN their eyes and LOOK at Tom Alyea's film of Detective Day examining the rifle, and decide for themselves.

How stupid are you?.....What makes you so sure that the rifle Day is holding in the Alyea film is the same rifle that Craig and Weitzman were referring to? Did you even read my last post? Find the part in the film where Weitzman is examining the rifle and I will OPEN my lying eyes and concede your point. And since Weitzman was no expert, how did HE know the caliber of a Mauser was "7.65"? Did YOU know that Mr. self-described "expert" who CLAIMS to own a Carcano. Or is that just another one of your legendary fabrications? Why don't you take a backyard photo of yourself holding it with today's paper to prove it.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:16:26 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2020, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2020, 01:12:03 AM »
How stupid are you?.....What makes you so sure that the rifle Day is holding in the Alyea film is the same rifle that Craig and Weitzman was referring to? Did you even read my last post? Find the part in the film where Weitzman is examining the rifle and I will OPEN my lying eyes and concede your point. And since Weitzman was no expert, how did HE know the caliber of a Mauser was "7.65"? Did YOU know that Mr. self-described "expert" who CLAIMS to own a Carcano. Or is that just another one of your legendary fabrications? Why don't you take a backyard photo of yourself holding it with today's paper to prove it.  ;D

Jack, I'm through debating with you...You're a bona fide idiot.......

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2020, 01:13:41 AM »
Jack, I'm through debating with you...You're a bona fide idiot.......

I know you are but what am I? An idiot says what?  Check and mate. :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:16:11 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2020, 01:13:41 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2020, 05:10:36 AM »
??? ???

Yes, we know. Seen it all before, countless times. And it doesn't change anything.

The Alyea film shows a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle shown in press photos as it left the TSBD was a Carcano, no ifs, ands, or buts.

The rifle in evidence is a Carcano.

The contrafactuals are Weitzman's and Boone's affidavits and reports of interviews all taken within the first day or two after the assassination, and an assertion by Roger Craig 10 years after the fact. 

However:

Boone says that he only said "Mauser" because he heard someone else say it, so he's no authority.

Weitzman testified that he was the guy who said it, but said he was mistaken, which would mean that Boone was, too.

No one has even come close to establishing that either Boone or Weitzman knew enough about firearms to tell a Carcano from a Mauser from a Mannlicher from a Schmidt-Rubin from an Enfield, etc.

That leaves Craig, but Craig's 1973 story about seeing "7.65 Mauser" on the barrel is directly contradicted by his earlier, 1968 story that he didn't know what the rifle was. Not to mention all those years of not having mentioned "7.65 Mauser" at all.

There is film and photo on one side. On the other, a guy who only repeated what he'd heard someone else say, a guy who just said he made a mistake, and some dude who really couldn't get his story straight.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:40:46 PM by Mitch Todd »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
Weitzman’s affidavit was from Saturday - long after the Carcano seen being carried out of the TSBD was in evidence. The excuse he gave in his retraction was that he only saw it “at a glance”, but not only did his affidavit give a very specific caliber for the rifle, he also described the rifle, scope, and strap in quite a lot of detail for just a “glance”.

Curry was forced to retract his statement that the FBI had prior knowledge of Oswald, but it was true.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:29:48 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2020, 02:08:17 PM »
They seen 6.5 stamped on the carcano receiver and assumed it was the 7.65 x 53. Never have seen "7.65 mauser" stamped on one of the guns, ever. The barrel is covered by the hand guard.