Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 42244 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »
Advertisement
WHY??.... Do you perpetuate this BS???  I'm sure you aren't visually impaired.... OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK at Alyea's film.   The rifle that Boone and Weitzman found hidden beneath the pallet was a Mannlicher Carcano.

By the way, I posted the newspaper interview because another poster had posted a few lines from it and I thought having the entire article available may add to the conversation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2020, 08:55:09 PM »
Their 1st day reports and in Weitzman's case a 2nd day report as well say something different.

I'm not perpetuating anything, only pointing out the evidence.

Signed sworn and notarized affidavits are evidence.

Claiming you know everything that happened on the 6th floor TSBD based on the available Alyea film is a perpetuation.

Alyea himself said a good deal of the film he took didn't see the light of day.

Claiming you know everything that happened on the 6th floor TSBD based on the available Alyea film is a perpetuation.

I make no such claim.....BUT....There is absolutely NO DOUBT that Tom Alyea filmed Detective Day as he checked a Model (91/ 38 ) Mannlicher Carcano for finger prints prints just minutes after Day pulled that carcano from beneath the pallet where it had been hidden..

This is so utterly simple that most six year old kids can see and compare the pictures of the rifle with picture at a Carcano website.....And KNOW that the rifle that Day is examining is a Mannlicher Carcano.

Yes....And I believe that is true....  So ask yourself WHO would have cut up Tom Alyea's film...and for what reason.

Tom Alyea said that he filmed Detective Day as Day used scotch tape to lift a print from the rifle  .....I'm 100% sure that Tom did in fact film Day lifting a print from the rifle, but that segment has never been seen....  WHO would not have wanted us to see Detective Day in the act of lifting a print " off underside of gun barrel near end of foregrip"  ????
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:05:44 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »

I make no such claim.....BUT....There is absolutely NO DOUBT that Tom Alyea filmed Detective Day as he checked a Model (91/ 38 ) Mannlicher Carcano for finger prints prints just minutes after Day pulled that carcano from beneath the pallet where it had been hidden..

This is so utterly simple that most six year old kids can see and compare the pictures of the rifle with picture at a Carcano website.....And KNOW that the rifle that Day is examining is a Mannlicher Carcano.

"This is so utterly simple that most six year old kids can see and compare the pictures of the rifle with picture at a Carcano website.....And KNOW that the rifle that Day is examining is a Mannlicher Carcano."

Yet we have 3 experienced LE officers in the room, within an arms length of the rifle when it was found, and they thought it was a Mauser.

Who's the 6 year old?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2020, 09:08:50 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »
"This is so utterly simple that most six year old kids can see and compare the pictures of the rifle with picture at a Carcano website.....And KNOW that the rifle that Day is examining is a Mannlicher Carcano."

Yet we have 3 experienced LE officers in the room, within an arms length of the rifle when it was found, and they thought it was a Mauser.

Who's the 6 year old?

Any little kid can look at the pictures of Detective Day dusting the rifle and then compare those images with pictures of a model 91/38 Mannlicher Carcano in a gun book, and see that the rifle in Day's hands is in fact a carcano.

Even Roger Craig ( the jerk who started this controversy ) after several years had passed tried to wiggle away from his idiotic lie......When he said a Mauser had been found on the roof of the TSBD, later that afternoon.     IOW..... He had not seen a 7.65 Mauser with that identification"stamped right there on the barrel"....

Because....Roger Craig went back to the Sheriff's office with the powerful flashlights before Detective Day left the TSBD with the Carcano.....So he couldn't have been in the TSBD  'Later that afternoon to see a Mauser that had been found on the roof"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:26:36 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »

Getting his story straight was not the issue when there was enormous pressure on him NOT to bring up the Mauser. He knew the implications when he realized that the 6.5mm hulls did not match the 7.65mm Mauser. In his mind, at least, it implied a conspiracy, which leads you to wonder why he would put his life on the line to recount it. So your best guess is that Craig was a nut job who called out a conspiracy, which was all in his head. Alrighty then, case closed!
By the time of the LAFP interview, Craig had been working for Garrison for a few months. He was also spouting off a lot of CT stuff; just check out the rest of the LAFP article. If Craig was feeling too much pressure to say that he saw "7.65 Mauser" on the rifle, then he wouldn't have told the LAFP all that other stuff. Nor would he have or r-u-n-n-o-f-t to the Big Easy to work for Big Jim's investigation. Similarly, if he was feeling too much heat to bring up the rifle stamp in "When They Kill A President," then he wouldn't have written it at all -- WTKaP is just one long laundry list of conspiracy claims.

As to why he did this, Mary Ferrell knew him. Her opinion of him can be summed up with the following quote from something she posted back in the day on Prodigy:

"When Roger made a number of speeches about the fact that "they" prevented him from getting a job, I talked my husband into giving him a job. Roger did not want to work. He wanted people to give him money because he had 'seen something or other'"

Weisberg, who also knew Craig, had a similarly low opinion of Craig:

"Roger Craig may be a brave guy and all of that, but he is also full of what is generally reserved for toilets. I have gone over his annotation of his testimony, as printed, and his account of the changes is utterly impossible. I spent too many years working with court reporters, particularly, the firm the Commission used, to find it possible to credit this in any way. More, have traced that testimony all the way from Dallas to the Government Printing Office, and it is printed as it was taken down, I have copies of the typescript sent to the GPO, and I have the letter of transmittal to DC the bills for taking it, the whole story. Roger is, despite Penn's [Penn Jones] great love for him, at best simply wrong, in the newer areas, what he embellished his original testimony with. Now I have met Roger, and he is a fine-looking, clean-cut kind of guy who appears to be truthful, serious and all that-just like dozens of guys I once guarded in an Army locked ward in a large mental institution. He does not impress me as the kind of guy who is out to make trouble. But he is"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2020, 12:26:36 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2020, 12:36:00 AM »

Who's the 6 year old?
"3 experienced LE officers in the room." Experienced with what, exactly? More precisely, exactly what expertise do you think they had in precisely identifying weapons?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2020, 02:01:19 AM »
"3 experienced LE officers in the room." Experienced with what, exactly? More precisely, exactly what expertise do you think they had in precisely identifying weapons?
Mr. BALL - Are you fairly familiar with rifles?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Fairly familiar because I was in the sporting goods business awhile.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2020, 02:01:19 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2020, 03:33:09 AM »
Mr. BALL - Are you fairly familiar with rifles?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Fairly familiar because I was in the sporting goods business awhile.

So how long was "awhile"?

Actually, we don't need you to tell us. Weitzman already did that for us in his testimony:

"Mr. BALL - Where were you born?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Dallas, Tex.
Mr. BALL - Were you educated here in this State?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Partially here and Indiana.
Mr. BALL - How far did you go through school?
Mr. WEITZMAN - I went through college, graduated in engineering, 1945.
Mr. BALL - When did you come to Texas?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Do you mean back to Texas?
Mr. BALL - Back to Texas.
Mr. WEITZMAN - Right after the service was over and when I came out of the service.
Mr. BALL - Did you graduate from school before you went into the service?
Mr. WEITZMAN - I finished up after I received my discharge. I went back to Indiana to engineering school in South Bend and finished my degree in 1945.
Mr. BALL - What school?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Allison Division of General Motors Engineering School.
Mr. BALL - What did you do when you went to Dallas?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Went in business for myself.
Mr. BALL - What kind of business?
Mr. WEITZMAN - Dresses, garments, ladies garments.
Mr. BALL - What did you do after that?
Mr. WEITZMAN - I went on the road as district supervisor and manager for Holly's Dress Shops in New York, 115 Fifth Avenue, and I supervised 26 stores for them for approximately 15 years.
Mr. BALL - Then what did you do?
Mr. WEITZMAN - I took over as general manager of the Lamont Corp. which is a discount operation and the headquarters, which was Galveston, Tex. We had stores in Dallas, Fort Worth, Louisiana, Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz. At the end of 1960, I closed up all the stores, retired from the discount operation and went to work for Robie Love in Dallas County, precinct 1.
Mr. BALL - You've been there ever since as deputy constable?
Mr. WEITZMAN - That's right."

So, he gets his sheepskin in 1945, then promptly goes to work supervising a chain of dress shops for 15 years. 1945 + 15 brings us up to about 1960. That's when he assumes a new position as general manager of Lamont's in Galveston. He closes up the company by the end of 1960, then assumes his position as a deputy constable. That gives him about a year, if that, to "be in the sporting goods business".  Not just firearms, but baseball bats, tennis racquets, golf clubs, and basketball hoops all mixed in there as well. And I don't get the impression that "a discount operation" would be a good description for a place that was just a sporting goods store. Weitzman's description sounds more like a discount department store chain, where the sporting goods were a subset of a much larger mix of merchandise.

Now, tell me how a year of running a flailing department store chain turned Weitzman into an expert on firearms.