Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 43382 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »
Advertisement
Later on  ???

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
That's pretty damned thin. So Craig's "mental problem" invented the 7.65 Mauser part? And why do you believe that the rifle Craig was reading was the same rifle in the Alyea film? Was it because Fritz or Day said so?

So Craig's "mental problem" invented the 7.65 Mauser part?

No, Roger Craig did NOT invent the Mauser....  Craig heard Weitzman speculate that the rifle looked like a 7.65 Mauser, and Craig respected Weitzman's statement and accepted it as a fact.    This happened before the rifle was removed from beneath the pallet, and Weitzman had not gotten a good look at the rifle at that time. 

And why do you believe that the rifle Craig was reading was the same rifle in the Alyea film? Was it because Fritz or Day said so?

I'm positive that the rifle that Alyea filmed as Day picked it up from the floor and held it up to Captain Fritz was with out any doubt a model 91/38 Mannlicher carcano....   And I certainly would NOT believe either Detective Liar Day or The Captain of Liars Will Fritz.....  I have two good eyes and I know what a carcano looks like.

Just minutes after pulling the rifle from beneath the pallet Detective Day went to work on the carcano....Dusting it with finger print powder and looking for prints ( see Alyea's film) Those images leave no doubt that the rifle is a Mannlicher Carcano.     This is very simple.....Al you have to do is extract your head and LOOK.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:49:16 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 06:05:14 PM »
It looks to me like the rifle is lying on its right side with the scope to the right and the sling to the left.

This doesn't make sense to me......  Here's the way the rifle was , and is, configured.... The Leather sling , and the scope are  mounted off to the left hand side of the rifle the bolt knob is on the right hand side of the rifle ( naturally, because most folks are right handed. )

You are right... the rifle is lying on it's right side with the bolt knob on the floor ( knob at 6 O'Clock).....The leather sling that Day reaches out and grabs, is up ( at the 12;00 O' Clock position)

How does this compare with the official  in situ photo which depicts the rifle as being jammed between boxes of books with the leather sling at the 9:00 o clock position?     Could Detective Day have reached out and grabbed the sling and lifted the rifle if it had been jammed between the boxes of books ?

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 07:12:24 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2020, 06:05:14 PM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2020, 06:57:15 PM »
But why would he leave the safety of a bus, after shooting the president? That's beyond me. It was the safest place he could have been. But he decides to get off, find a taxi, and then travel through the motorcade traffic and at least 12 stop lights to Oak Cliff.

The bus was stuck in traffic and LHO had to be home in a hurry to meet up with someone at his rooming house.  Whoever was driving the fake cop car got cold feet after tooting the horn for LHO and getting no response. 

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2020, 07:14:16 PM »
The bus was stuck in traffic and LHO had to be home in a hurry to meet up with someone at his rooming house.  Whoever was driving the fake cop car got cold feet after tooting the horn for LHO and getting no response.

Would you believe that Lee Oswald didn't murder JFK?.......  Therefore he wasn't fleeing from anybody....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2020, 07:14:16 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »
Craig didn't claim that he saw "7.65 Mauser" stamped into the barrel until his videotaped interview with Lane in 1973. His 1971 account of the rifle's discovery "When They Kill A President" In '68 doesn't mention it. Nor did Craig mention it in his Shaw trial testimony. Craig and Penn Jones were given a joint interview by the LA Free Press in 1968. This is what Craig said in that interview:

"RC: ...I was also present when the rifle was found. Now this rifle — there's no possible way that a man could lay that rifle between those boxes. He had to drop It in there, I'm six feet tall, and I couldn't reach down and pick that, rifle out without climbing on top of those boxes and getting down in 'em by moving some of 'em to get to that rifle. And there wasn't a scratch on that rifle, and the scope was not one fraction out of kilter.

FP: Did you handle that rifle?

RC: Yes, I did. I couldn't give its name because I don't know foreign rifles. I know it was foreign made, and you loaded it downward into a built-in clip. The ID man took it and ejected one live round from it. The scope was facing north, the bolt facing upwards and the trigger south. But there was another rifle, a Mauser, found up on the roof of the depository that afternoon."

His '68 story excludes the '73 version, and vice versa. You'd think that he would have gotten his story straight, had it happened that way.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »

WHY??.... Do you perpetuate this BS???  I'm sure you aren't visually impaired.... OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK at Alyea's film.   The rifle that Boone and Weitzman found hidden beneath the pallet was a Mannlicher Carcano.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2020, 08:26:24 PM »
WHY??.... Do you perpetuate this BS???  I'm sure you aren't visually impaired.... OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK at Alyea's film.   The rifle that Boone and Weitzman found hidden beneath the pallet was a Mannlicher Carcano.

Their 1st day reports and in Weitzman's case a 2nd day report as well say something different.

I'm not perpetuating anything, only pointing out the evidence.

Signed sworn and notarized affidavits are evidence.

Claiming you know everything that happened on the 6th floor TSBD based on the available Alyea film is a perpetuation.

Alyea himself said a good deal of the film he took didn't see the light of day.