Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?  (Read 43321 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Shells, rifle, SN... Who?
« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
Advertisement
Weitzman was interveiwed by a special agent from the FBI and he descrided what they, (he and Boone), found.
A 7.65 Mauser.

Weitzman was interveiwed by a special agent from the FBI and he descrided what they, (he and Boone), found.
A 7.65 Mauser.

he described what he and Boone had found.....This is where the rubber meets the road.....Tom Alyea's film definitely shows Lt Day picking up a carcano FROM THE FLOOR and holding it up to Captain Fritz.... then another clip shows Day and Fritz examining the carcano ....and then more footage shows Lt Day dusting the carcano for finger prints.     THIS obviously is the rifle that Weitzman and Boone discovered LYING ON THE FLOOR at the bottom of a cavern of boxes of books.

However FBI agent A1bert Sayers said in a report that Seymour Weitzman described a 7.65 mauser for him.....  That could not have happened in the TSBD at around 2:00pm that day because Sayers wasn't in the TSBD at that time....( he was probably traveling between Houston and Dallas at that time)   Weitzman said that he was called to the police department later that afternoon and was interviewed by Sayers at that time.     

Sayers said that Weitzman described a 7.65 mauser which had a thick brownish black bandolier type sling on it... and the rear of the bolt was badly worn.

The carcano has a BLACK, light duty, SENTRY type sling ....and there is no sign of wear on the rear of the bolt..... Clearly the mauser is NOT the rifle that Weitzman and Boone discovered beneath the boxes of books..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #408 on: April 17, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #409 on: April 17, 2020, 03:41:05 PM »
They wrote down 7.65 Mauser.

Deputy Boone wrote:.... "In the NW corner of the building, approximately three (3) feet from the east wall of the stairwell, behind a row of cases of books, I saw the rifle."

I wanted to point out that Boone originally said nothing about the rifle being jammed between boxes of books .....

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »
Weitzman WC Testimony

Mr. Ball - I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. WEITZMAN - I said it was a Mauser-type action, didn't I?
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.
Mr. WEITZMAN - And at the time I looked at it, I believe I said it was 2.5 scope on it and I believe I said it was a Weaver but it wasn't; it turned out to be anything but a Weaver, but that was at a glance.
(...)
Mr. WEITZMAN - I believe it was a 2.5 Weaver at the time I looked at it. I didn't look that close at it; it just looked like a 2.5 but it turned out to be a Japanese scope, I believe.

---------------------------------------------------------

Let's see where Weitzman actually read on the rifle that it was a Mauser. Or a Carcano, for that matter. Seems to me that glances are enough proof for some people
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:34:49 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2020, 04:32:06 PM »
Weizmann WC Testimony

I understand that. Now, in your statement to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, you gave a description of the rifle, how it looked.
Mr. WEITZMAN - I said it was a Mauser-type action, didn't I?
Mr. BALL - Mauser bolt action.
Mr. WEITZMAN - And at the time I looked at it, I believe I said it was 2.5 scope on it and I believe I said it was a Weaver but it wasn't; it turned out to be anything but a Weaver, but that was at a glance.

(...)

Mr. WEITZMAN - I believe it was a 2.5 Weaver at the time I looked at it. I didn't look that close at it; it just looked like a 2.5 but it turned out to be a Japanese scope, I believe.

Let's see where Weitzmann actually read on the rifle that it was a Mauser. Or a Carcano.

Seems to me that glancing at things seems enough proof for some folks
No bias there, huh..

Yes.....When the rifle was picked up Weitzman and Boone only had a glance at it ....And at a glance a carcano could be mistaken for a 7.65 mauser because of the magazine below the action of the rifle.   BUT..... The description that FBI man Sayers said Weitzman gave of the rifle is quite detailed and not the product of a quick glance.  There's no doubt that the description that Sayer's gave in his report is describing a 7.65 mauser.....   

If Weitzman was the source of that description, then I'd like to know what the hell was the idea of showing him a 7.65 mauser and leading him to believe that it was the rifle that he and Boone had discovered.....
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:34:54 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »
Is Weitzman's name is spelled wrong on this report? Typed by someone else?
Sometime on 11/23/63. No discription of the rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2020, 05:00:49 PM »
Is Weitzman's name is spelled wrong on this report? Typed by someone else?
Sometime on 11/23/63. No discription of the rifle.

Thanks Gary, for the additional confirmation that the carcano was not touched by anyone until Lt. Day reached down and picked it up by the strap.   However....The rifle may not have been touched but there were boxes of books removed from around the rifle.   Day couldn't have picked up the rifle as he did, if it had been surrounded by the boxes that had hidden it from view.   

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »
Still waiting for someone to show proof that Weitzman actually read on the rifle itself that it was a Mauser
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 05:02:14 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
Still waiting for someone to show proof that Weitzman actually read on the rifle itself that it was a Mauser

I doubt that you would believe Weitzman himself......