Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Oliver Stones JFK movie homophobic?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Gerry Down

Re: Was Oliver Stones JFK movie homophobic?
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »
Advertisement
How many Fred Litwin threads do we need?

There are others? I'd never heard his name until i came across his book. And to be honest, its probably not a book i'd read because the title sounds so childish. Maybe it is a good book, but its hard to get past that awful title.

Does the book contain any useful information? Any new interviews or insights etc?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 03:11:33 PM by Gerry Down »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2020, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 03:55:39 AM »
This claim is made in the amazon.com description of the book I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak by Fred Litwin. I presume Fred Litwin wrote the amazon description for his own book so, if i'm correct, this allegation is coming from him. The book description goes as follows:
How many Fred Litwin threads do we need?
Apparently one for each jab that could be made about the Garrison Inquiry. However thousands have been made about the official story huh?
 In the Stone movie...Was it Tommy Lee Jones who portrayed a gay Clay Shaw? So what? He was. That was all I noticed.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 05:29:29 AM »
Yes, I think it was: but perhaps not enough.

Re King's 11.22.63, how can a story about a time-travel portal that sends a person back in time to stop Oswald from shooting JFK be a documentary exactly? King himself said the assassination details weren't meant to be challenged or argued against. It was from his novel of the same name.

For example, we all know that Oswald did not walk out in the open in front of cops:

Scene from 11.22.63
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 08:55:49 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 05:29:29 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 12:37:52 AM »

Scene from 11.22.63
That picture certainly fits the lone nut theory that has him carrying a big long rifle shaped package in front of the entire city :D

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
That picture certainly fits the lone nut theory that has him carrying a big long rifle shaped package in front of the entire city :D

That's interesting. Perhaps you can show me where exactly this "lone nut theory that has him carrying a big long rifle shaped package in front of the entire city" is? I for one have never seen such a claim..but I'm sure a 'smart guy' like you knows better.  :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 03:34:12 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2020, 07:29:10 PM »
This claim is made in the amazon.com description of the book I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak by Fred Litwin. I presume Fred Litwin wrote the amazon description for his own book so, if i'm correct, this allegation is coming from him. The book description goes as follows:

I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak demonstrates how the left and right have used the JFK assassination to drive home myths about power in America. There is also the persecution of a gay man prosecuted for conspiring to kill Kennedy, the ugly story of Oliver Stone’s homophobic film JFK, an exposé of conspiracy nonsense on the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, a look at how the Soviets tried to influence American public opinion that CIA was behind the murder, and the incredible secret why some JFK assassination documents must remain locked up. And a whole lot more.
Stone had an entirely gratuitous scene in the movie where Shaw is seen at some sort of gay orgy (with David Ferrie and Perry Russo) where leather "tools" and other "devices" are shown. It's entirely fictional - there is no evidence whatsoever that it occurred - and really just a smear of a dead man, Clay Shaw.

Mark Lane condemned Stone for the scene saying, "Stone was not bound by the laws of defamation which apply, in the United States, only to the living. Apparently, the less-codified rules of common decency were not an impediment either....Where Stone labors to demean Clay Shaw and to condemn him by introducing a bizarre gay orgy scene he is indulging his own fantasies and misleading the audience."

Dave Reitzes details the scene here: https://www.jfk-online.com/jfk100party.html

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:38:22 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:23 AM »
That's interesting. Perhaps you can show me where exactly this "lone nut theory that has him carrying a big long rifle shaped package in front of the entire city" is? I for one have never seen such a claim..but I'm sure a 'smart guy' like you knows better.
                                            Yeah I certainly do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2020, 02:42:23 AM »