Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery  (Read 10459 times)

Offline Jack Trojan

Re: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 04:28:20 AM »
Advertisement
If Marina didn't take the backyard photos would it be a conspiracy? Did she lie about taking only 2 photos and burning 1 of them?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 04:28:20 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2020, 04:47:23 AM »
If Marina didn't take the backyard photos would it be a conspiracy? Did she lie about taking only 2 photos and burning 1 of them?

Mr. McDONALD. Please tell us what happened? This was at the Neely Street address.
What happened on this occasion when Lee asked you to take those photographs?
Mrs. PORTER. Well, first of all, I refused to take picture because I did not know how to operate camera, and he told me, he insist that I will take it, and he said he will show me how, if I just push the button. So I took one picture, I think, and maybe he changed the pose, I don't recall. Maybe I took two pictures, but I was very annoyed by all the incidents.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/m_j_russ/hscamar1.htm
Mr. McDONALD. A tripod. In other words, was the camera attached to a stand?
Mrs. PORTER. No.
Mr. McDONALD. OK. You held it in your hands.
Mrs. PORTER. Yes.
DEPOSITIONS OF MARINA OSWALD PORTER
Staff Report of the
Select Committee on Assassinations
U.S. House of Representatives
Ninety-fifth Congress
Second Session
March 1979
Q. To your knowledge, did he own-will, did he own a camera?
A. I really don't remember.
Q. Did he own any kind of--
A. I remember in Russia, he took pictures. It was our camera or somebody's camera but I know he was taking pictures. I do believe it was our camera because he was carrying it with him.
Q. When you lived in Texas did he own a camera?
A. I don't recall but, according to some pictures we had he might have because he had some pictures that were taken recently, I mean during our living there. I do believe he probably had. But I would not recognize the camera. If somebody said was that yours, I would not claim it.
Q. Did he ever to your knowledge have any photography equipment, like developing or other photography equipment?
A. I don't remember.
Q. You don't remember anything?
A. I don't remember.
.................................................................................
Q. And after you took the picture what did you do after you took the first picture?
A. I went into the house and did things I had to attend to.
Q. How many pictures did you take?
A. I think I took two.
Q. When you took the first picture you held it up to your eye?
A. Yes; that is what I recall.
Q. What did you do next?
A. I believe he did something with it and told me to push it again.
Q. The first time you pushed it down to take the picture?
A. Yes.
Q. And the first time, what happened before you took the second picture?
A. He changed his pose.
Q. What I am getting at is, did you give the camera to him so he would move the film forward or did you do that?
A. He did that.
Q. So you took the picture and handed the camera to him?
A. Yes.
Q. What did he do?
A. He said, "Once again," and I did it again.
Q. So he have you back the camera?
A. For the second time; yes.

So after some needling and prompting...Marina "admitted"? that she took two pictures.
With a twin lens reflex...you do not hold the camera up to your eye!
Q. Did he put the rifle down on the ground between--
A. I don't remember. I was so annoyed with all this procedure so the sooner I could get through, the better, so I don't recollect.
Q. But you do remember taking the picture?
A. Yes; I am the one who took the picture and the weather was right.
Q. What did you say?
A. Somebody speculated the picture couldn't be taken; the weather was wrong.
Q. I am not interested in what people speculated.
A. There is nobody to blame for it but me.
Q. When you took the first picture and you gave him the camera, did you walk over to him and give him the camera or did he walk over to you?
A. I don't remember.
Q. Are these the only two pictures you ever took in your life at least up to that time?
A. Yes.
So you took the picture and handed the camera to him?
If that was true, then it would have been impossible to have framed a second picture just exactly like the first one was...yet it 'supposedly' happened.
If it was on a tripod..it would have been likely.
I am not interested in what people speculated.
I certainly am! Who was around to state that "the weather was wrong"?
This whole yarn is wrong !!!!! What about the third picture framed just exactly so?

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
My concern with the BY photos has never been bottomed on what is depicted in the photos.  My concern is that they are "too perfect."  Really?  We have photos of the accused assassin holding the very rifle and the pistol in his hands in broad daylight in his easily identifiable back yard? 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:03:55 AM by Louis Earl »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 05:54:28 PM »
Louis, I'm not sure what your line of thought is. Yes, that was the whole point of the photos - to show an alleged assassin holding guns up and Marxist literature. If we're to believe Marina, she was in a rush and didn't really care about taking these photos as she had other things to "attend" to. As Jerry said, all photos look almost as if they were taken on a tripod, perfectly framed with very little difference in the overall layout.

It's important, too, to take Oswald at his word. He did say that the photos were fake, that he could show how they were fake, and he never got an opportunity to show this. His lawyer never got that chance too because he was refused representation even after his death. Even Jeffrey Epstein has been given the benefit of the doubt upon his own death.

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 08:19:31 PM »
The existence of photos that show "LHO" standing in the easily confirmed location of a former residence, holding Commie literature and "the" rifle and "the" pistol is a little too pat for me.  That fact alone for me raises suspicion as to the legitimacy of the photos.

How about a nice 8mm home movie of him putting the rifle inside the paper bag for carrying it into the TSBD?  That would really help the prosecution's case. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2020, 08:19:31 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2021, 06:13:43 AM »
I have to disagree with your analysis.

A Dartmouth study a few years ago, confirmed the Oswald backyard photos were indeed authentic using high tech 3-D models and new digital image forensics. No evidence of forgery or tampering was detected in any of Oswald's photos.

Back then it was more difficult to forge a photo trying to appear authentic. With digital forensic analysis able to detect tampering of a photo with high tech digital computers today, then it would be easy to determine a forgery from 1963.   

This Dartmouth study appeared in the Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law.

Hany Farid was the Darrmouth professor of computer science that helped lead the study and completed the analysis. He's a pioneering researcher in digital forensics. His team of researchers developed mathematical and computational techniques to detect tampering and forgery in photos. After the entire analysis of all the backyard photos were thoroughly researched, tested, and analyzed, Farid determined there was no "tampering of the photos". The lighting, the shadows, and the rifle in Oswald's hands were all concluded as authentic and the analysis refuted the argument of any photo "tampering or forgery". That is what he concluded through 3-D computer models and digital forensic analysis.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2021, 11:37:35 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2021, 10:00:51 PM »
At first..Marina didn't seem to know anything about the pictures. Then she said she took one. Then she testified that she didn't know how to advance the film. Then she said that Lee had to show her how to do it. Then somehow Lee assumed the same exact position [an impossibility] and she took another. Then a third picture mysteriously appears in later years ::)
If you look at all three images carefully, you’ll notice that Oswald’s face is exactly the same, even though the body is posed differently. Is that possible?