Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery  (Read 10450 times)

Offline Izraul Hidashi

Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:55 PM »
Advertisement
I know there are plenty of people who believe these photos to be genuine, but I ran them thru forensic software which revealed some oddities.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but personally, I think they're bogus. It's worth mentioning that the anomalies didn't show until I restored color to the photos. It's easy to see that originals were in fact color. I think they were intentionally converted to black n white in order to hide the anomalies, which is why people who study the black n white versions believe they're genuine. But add color, and it stands out like a sore thumb.

But I'll let others be their own judge.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XbMNKvJquYWoTBod6 

Here's a blown up version. There's something off about that left arm too, if you ask me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QQxQBdHP252jAVqH7

I know one of these backyard photos was found among Roscoe Whites personal belongings. And from what I understand, he played around with photo manipulation techniques.

Another thing I noticed about this image is that the rifle in this photo is not the same one found on the 6th floor. Compare the shoulder straps for the 2 rifles and you'll see what I mean.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:34:15 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:13:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 10:30:10 PM »
Can you be more specific about what the "oddities" are?  What exactly does the "forensic software" do?

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »
Can you be more specific about what the "oddities" are?  What exactly does the "forensic software" do?

No problem. If you look at the colored version, you can see the drastic difference between the face and the the rest of the photo, color wise. If you look closer you can actually see the outline of the face, which to me looks to have been a cut n paste job.

So I ran it through forensic software with an Error Level Analysis (ELA) feature.

What ELA does is pin point segments that contain different compression levels to reveal a higher error level potential than the rest of an image based on contrast. An altered image using ELA will be fairly uniform in contrast throughout. If you're evaluating skin, any edge that has skin next to black/dark pixels will reveal a higher error level potential. All similar edges should be the same brightness in an ELA image.

If you look at the ELA imaging results here, you can see the highest error levels are around the face. You can also see a black line that separates the head from the body. That's the skin next to darker pixels I was talking about, which is indicative of an alteration. When a photo is converter to black & white, it's much harder to detect the difference in compression ratios of an altered image with the ELA imaging analysis. You'd have to use another means.

If you run ELA on an unaltered color photo, the compression should be uniform. But altered images are unlikely to have the same characteristics. For example, if you add an object from one source, such as a face from another photo, and paste onto a body in another photo, the characteristics won't match due to the millions of tiny differences within the pixels themselves, such as lighting, contrast, exposure, noise, etc.

So the ELA focuses on compression to detect those differences. The best example can be seen in the last square (the blue image). If the photo was unaltered, that blue filter would be uniform throughout. But it's not. And the only place it's drastically different happens to be in the facial area. Now if there were any questions as to the authenticity concerning this photo, where would you expect likely alterations be? The facial area.

So what is the chance that the higher error levels around the face are indicative of an alteration? But even without all the compression differences, the black line separating the head from the body is still an abnormal anomaly on its own. There's no reason for a break to exist between the head and body. Whether or not it's the real head of that body doesn't matter, because at some point it seems to have been altered for that anomaly to occur.

I find similar anomalies in Mortgage documents, where banks or trustees might copy & paste signatures. You'd be amazed how many Mortgage documents are altered. Your Deed probably isn't the original you signed at closing. If you examine all your signatures up close you'll find at least 1 with the some type of anomaly. Most times you won't even see them with the naked eye.

Here's an example of a Deed I examined with an unnatural break between the signature line and signature.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/URfySptmKzzwYaLs8   

That space wouldn't be there if that signature were genuine. But it was copied and pasted from somewhere else. It couldn't be seen with the naked eye but luckily we caught it or the person would have lost their home to fraudulent foreclosure.

Anyway, that's the best I can explain it. Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:30:54 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 12:12:15 AM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 12:53:21 AM »

Uncolorized Photo of CE 133-B

ELA Applied

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »

Uncolorized Photo of CE 133-B

ELA Applied

Yes. Exactly. Notice the difference between the black n white image analysis, as opposed to the color? That's the difference. But even in the black n white, you can see the difference between the face and rest of the photo. It just doesn't sit right.  Also notice the left arm. That shadow in the corner, by the elbow, it shouldn't be there.

In fact, the whole arm just looks off. Even the watch, or shadow of a watch, or whatever that's supposed to be.

And here's the funny thing about the ELA you applied to the black n white. ELA is really for color, because it analyzes compression ratio, but if you look closely at the ELA image, you can still see the black line separating the face from the body right at the throat.

Also notice how the shoulders look. How far they are from his head. And his neck looks bigger than everything else. Like he's E.T. or something.

Thanks for posting that Jerry. For some reason my photos don't show up when I use the image code. It just shows a broken photo icon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:54:08 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 06:18:07 PM »

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 11:38:48 PM »
Not the same rifles ...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AgJEf7k2GuP1tySr8

The rifle in the backyard photo has a light colored shoulder strap and is one solid piece without a shoulder pad.

The 6th floor rifle has a darker strap and is 2 pieces connected by a shoulder pad. Just saying. Lots of fuckery for sure.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:44:19 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »
It certainly hasn't been proven to be the same rifle.  However, wouldn't it be rather easy to change the strap?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 05:20:28 PM »
Not the same rifles ...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AgJEf7k2GuP1tySr8

The rifle in the backyard photo has a light colored shoulder strap and is one solid piece without a shoulder pad.

The 6th floor rifle has a darker strap and is 2 pieces connected by a shoulder pad. Just saying. Lots of fuckery for sure.
Question: Isn't it more likely that Oswald just changed straps?

A panel of photographic experts assembled by the HSCA examined the original photos and one of the negatives using microscopic and microscopic chemical techniques; procedures that I can barely understand (or think I do). It entailed, among other things, examining the individual chemical silver grains on the originals. Again, individual grains on the originals or what they called photochemical analysis. That's something that can't be done on copies. To repeat: these were the originals and not pixelated copies or copies of copies (third, fourth, fifth generations?) on the internet.

They concluded that the photos were authentic and had not been altered.  Other experts, using modern techniques, conclude the same. The HSCA panel also concluded that the rifle in the photos was the same rifle that was recovered from the sniper's next/sixth floor window.

Now of course experts can be wrong. But one has to show where their analysis of the originals - of their detailed microscopic analysis - was wrong. What did they miss?

I've never seen any conspiracy advocate point out where their analysis was wrong. Maybe some have; I have not seen it. But just denying their conclusions is not an answer.

In any case, do you think that your study of copies (what generation are you using?) is useful at all? Sure, if you're just fooling around, just engage in "hobbyist" fun, it's not serious. But this is, frankly, just worthless as any serious look into the authenticity of the photographs.

The HSCA report is here: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/contents/hsca/contents_hsca_vol6.htm
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:51:24 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »