Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery  (Read 10449 times)

Offline Chris Bristow

Re: Oswald Backyard Photo Fakery
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 03:48:19 AM »
Advertisement
Marina must have kept her feet in the same spot but Oswald is not in the same location for each shot. 133b he moved slightly right of 133a. 133c he has stepped back a bit.
 All the other stuff you mentioned has merit I think. The biggest issue for me is his lean in 133a. Skeptics tout the Dartmouth study as proof the lean is stable but it is flawed. The fact they placed his left leg way to far forward caused that yellow outline of his stability area to land on the bullseye in an incorrect place. Correcting that error alone reduced their probability from 99.8%(I think) to 85%. Then as they have so often done in previous Dartmouth studies they subtracted one degree of lean by not rotating 133a to true level. When it is level the fence sits at 2.25 to 2.5 degrees right. compare their model side by side with a level photo of 133a and you find it is off by one degree. If you correct that the bullseye moves one inch to Oswald's right and further reduced their probability to about 55%.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2021, 03:48:19 AM »

Offline Michael Christopher

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2021, 12:42:36 AM »
The photos don't have to be fake as they prove nothing.

LHO obviously was involved in some fringe groups and this photo session could be a part of fitting in with those groups. Or he could have been told to pose for the photos by people setting up, under some guise.

Either way, it doesn't prove he killed or wanted to kill Kennedy. Doesn't prove his innocence either.

To me, they are interesting but not crucial.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2021, 08:35:57 PM »
The photos don't have to be fake as they prove nothing.

LHO obviously was involved in some fringe groups and this photo session could be a part of fitting in with those groups. Or he could have been told to pose for the photos by people setting up, under some guise.

Either way, it doesn't prove he killed or wanted to kill Kennedy. Doesn't prove his innocence either.

To me, they are interesting but not crucial.
Photographic experts for the HSCA said the rifle in the photos in the one found in the TSBD and that was used to murder JFK. Even if one wants to dismiss that conclusion it does show that he owned a high powered, albeit inexpensive, rifle. For what purpose? Why did he think he needs this type of rifle? He didn't do any hunting. So, what's the purpose for it?

I think that's significant.

The other significance for me is that it shows the radicalism and erratic nature of Oswald. He's holding up radical publications. He's posing in black, He has his pregnant wife photographing him. He signs one copy for his daughter? He has little money. He spends it on a rifle? A $20 rifle today would be about $160. For a poor person that's not an insignificant sum. These are all very odd actions.

There is no evidence that he was ordered to pose for the photos. I mean we can imagine all sorts of reasons for doing so; but we need some evidence, some corroboration for that speculation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2021, 08:35:57 PM »

Offline Michael Christopher

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2021, 11:27:10 PM »
Photographic experts for the HSCA said the rifle in the photos in the one found in the TSBD and that was used to murder JFK. Even if one wants to dismiss that conclusion it does show that he owned a high powered, albeit inexpensive, rifle. For what purpose? Why did he think he needs this type of rifle? He didn't do any hunting. So, what's the purpose for it?

I think that's significant.

The other significance for me is that it shows the radicalism and erratic nature of Oswald. He's holding up radical publications. He's posing in black, He has his pregnant wife photographing him. He signs one copy for his daughter? He has little money. He spends it on a rifle? A $20 rifle today would be about $160. For a poor person that's not an insignificant sum. These are all very odd actions.

There is no evidence that he was ordered to pose for the photos. I mean we can imagine all sorts of reasons for doing so; but we need some evidence, some corroboration for that speculation.

I think we're basically saying the same thing from different angles.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
The HSCA Photographic Panel studied CE-133A, CE-133B, the negative of CE-133B and Oswald's camera (among many other items related to the photos, such as first generation prints of CE-133C).

The panel first performed a visual inspection of the photos, by use magnifiers and microscopes.  During this inspection, the panel made enlargements of the photos using various exposures and ranges of contrast.  These enlargements produced prints which ranged from very light to very dark.  In the darkest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the lighter prints.  In the lightest parts of the photos, the detail could be seen best in the darker prints.  The panel felt this was the best opportunity of detecting any evidence of falsification anywhere in the pictures.

The panel also used digital image processing to determine if there were any unnatural edge lines or differences in grain structure or contrast.

Both photos (CE-133a and CE-133B) were also studied by the panel using stereoscopic techniques, which allowed the panel to see the photos in 3-D.  This method will detect forgeries in prints because it produces a photographic copy of a photograph.
 When viewed in stereo, these copies will not project a three-dimensional image unless made from different viewpoints along the same axis.  Retouching of the original photo can be detected when two photos depicting the same scene are viewed in stereo, the retouched print will not be on the same plane in which it should be lying; the items seen in the photo will be either in front of the plane or behind the plane.  Because of this, when viewed stereoscopically, fakery can easily be detected.

One final method the panel used to examine the photos was photogrammetrically.

Using all of these methods, the HSCA Photographic Panel detected no signs of forgery.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »