Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Oswald Wallet Paradox  (Read 6830 times)

Offline Izraul Hidashi

The Oswald Wallet Paradox
« on: March 05, 2020, 06:44:30 AM »
Advertisement
So I read some statements and interviews, and I noticed the cops who arrested Oswald said they took his wallet to verify his identity at the theater.  That's an interesting fact, considering Oswald's wallet was also found at officer J.D. Tippet's murder scene.

So could his wallet be in 2 places at the same exact time? Or did he have 2 of the same exact wallets? Is it possible the Dallas police were working to help frame Oswald?

I also noticed something odd in Oswald's murder video. If you listen, you'll hear a car horn right as Oswald is brought out. Then again, while someone shouts "There he is!" And then Ruby steps right in to pop him. The only people in cars down there were cops. Did they set his murder up too?

Could that be how Ruby got into the police garage? Maybe someone should have been questioning the DPD.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:08:21 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

The Oswald Wallet Paradox
« on: March 05, 2020, 06:44:30 AM »

Online Richard Smith

Re: The Oswald Wallet Paradox
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 03:32:58 PM »
So I read some statements and interviews, and I noticed the cops who arrested Oswald said they took his wallet to verify his identity at the theater.  That's an interesting fact, considering Oswald's wallet was also found at officer J.D. Tippet's murder scene.

So could his wallet be in 2 places at the same exact time? Or did he have 2 of the same exact wallets? Is it possible the Dallas police were working to help frame Oswald?

I also noticed something odd in Oswald's murder video. If you listen, you'll hear horn right as Oswald is brought out. Then again, while someone shouts "There he is!" And then Ruby steps right in to pop him. The only people in cars down there are cops. Did they set his murder up too?

Could that be how Ruby got into the police garage too? Maybe someone should have been questioning the DPD.

There is no confirmation that any wallet was found at the Tippit scene or that any such wallet belonged to Oswald.  There is a film of the DPD flipping through something that appears to be a wallet but it could be the wallet of a witness or Tippit's citation book or something else.  If the DPD had found Oswald's wallet at the Tippit, what better evidence to link him to that crime?  If the intent was to frame Oswald for the Tippit murder, then the presence of Oswald's wallet at the scene would have been gold.  Such a wallet would not have been planted but then suppressed.  That makes no sense.  Some CTer once bizarrely argued they had to suppress the Tippit scene wallet because a wallet was found on Oswald when he was arrested.  As though those framing Oswald could not have anticipated he might have his wallet when arrested.  LOL.  But then that one gets even better where, faced with two Oswald wallets, they suppress the one found at the Tippit murder scene!  The one that would do them the most good by linking Oswald directly to that crime.  Whew. 

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »
... faced with two Oswald wallets, they suppress the one found at the Tippit murder scene!  The one that would do them the most good by linking Oswald directly to that crime. 
Yeah....Every killer I've ever heard of throws their wallet down at the victim and says ..."Take that- you poor dumb... whatever".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:46:58 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 03:56:06 PM »
Yeah....Every killer I've ever heard of throws their wallet down at the victim and says ..."Take that- you poor dumb... whatever".

Not sure what are you babbling about.  It is CTers that claim Oswald's wallet was found at the Tippit scene.  I don't believe Oswald's wallet was found at the scene for the reasons that I noted.  It would be great evidence of Oswald's guilt.  No reason for the DPD to suppress it and every reason to confirm it was found if that is what had happened.   There is a perfectly plausible narrative for Oswald's wallet being left there.  He is stopped by a cop and asked for his ID.  Where is the ID kept?  In his wallet!  He pulls his ID out and gives it to the cop.  The cop is not satisfied and starts to get out of his car.  Oswald thinks his goose is cooked and drops the wallet while pulling his gun.  He flees the scene.  Didn't happen but there is a plausible narrative for it to be there.  What makes no sense whatsoever is the bizarre claim made by some CTers that the DPD found Oswald's wallet at the scene, but these same folks who they believe are otherwise involved in framing Oswald then for some inexplicable reason suppress the best possible evidence to link Oswald to this crime. 

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:41:37 PM »
The following two wallets are in the National Archives--FBI exhibit #114 and #382 .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:41:37 PM »

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 07:19:21 PM »
How is that any different from claiming Oswald purchased the rifle under a fake name? Why would Oswald go through the whole act of purchasing a rifle to conceal his identity, only to leave it at the scene with his finger prints everywhere? That's pure idiocy. Who in the heck is going to tip toe around and take dubious caution to purchase a gun. There was no need for that back then. And who would take their rifle to work to kill a president? If you didn't wanna get caught, why would you leave all kinds of evidence that you know will lead back to you? What was the point of even leaving if he know they would trace it back to him?

Which part of that makes sense to you?

And furthermore, Oswald was right handed. To make those shots would require leaning out of the window. Everyone thinks that it was a straight shot. Bull crap. Angles matter. Clearly Oswald was being framed.

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »
Quote: "Dallas Police Captain Westbrook found Oswald's brown wallet next to where Tippit had fallen and showed it to FBI Agent Barrett."

So the Dallas Captain was lying? What about what FBI agent Barrett said?

Barrett stated that "according to a witness, the gunman handed something through the open passenger-side window to Tippit inside the car. Somebody told me that they saw him reach in and hand something to Tippit through the window. I don't know who said it, and can't verify it, but it would follow that's how the wallet got there. And, the wallet was there. There's no getting around that. Westbrook had the wallet in his hand and asked me If I know who these people were. I don't think Westbrook would have been asking me questions about something unrelated to the situation and he had the wallet with those names in it. Later, I remember seeing photographs of the contents of the wallet: in which those two names were in it"

So tell me again how silly that is... because it is indeed silly. Let's take it a step further, just to reiterate.

"Photographer Ron Reiland, of WFAA-TV, was the only newsman at the Tippit scene who shot a motion sequence. Reiland exposed approximately two minutes of silent footage that covered the search for Tippit's killer, and the arrest of Oswald. The initial footage shot at Tenth and Patton correlates to police returning to the Tippit shooting scene following the investigation of a suspect at the Jefferson Branch Library.

The opening sequence shows police gathered around Tippit's squad car questioning eyewitness Helen Markham. The officers depicted include Patrolman Joe M. Poe and Leonard E. Jez, Reserve Sergeant Kenneth Croy, and Sergeant Calvin 'Bud' Owens. Within seconds, crime scene search Officer W.E. 'Pete' Barnes and Detective Paul Bentley arrive at the scene. The arrival of Barnes and Bentley pins the time frame of these sequences to 1:42 pm--about eight minutes before Oswald's arrest at the Texas Theater....

"Sergeant 'Bud' Owens is seen holding Tippit's service revolver in his left hand and a man's leather wallet In his right.
Owens shows the wallet to Captain George Doughty, who is standing to his left. As Owens hold the wallet open, Doughty runs his finger along one of the celluloid photo slips which usually hold photographs or identification cards. As Doughty studies the item in the plastic sleeve, a third person approaches from Doughty's left.

Doughty pulls his hand back and a plain clothesman reaches into the frame. Owens holds the wallet out toward the third man. Here, the tantalizing footage ends. Barrett, who was unaware of the existence of the footage at the time of our initial interview, confirmed that he spoke to Westbrook about the wallet near the front of Tippit's patrol car--where news film shows the men examining the wallet.

Barrett said, 'It hadn't been very long when Westbrook looked up and saw me and called me over. He had this wallet in his hand. I presumed that they had found it on or near Tippit.' Westbrook asked me, 'Do you know who Lee Harvey Oswald is?' And, 'Do you know who Alek Hidell is?' And I said, 'No, I never heard of them.'"

But go on, tell us about your expertise again. How you know all the facts, because it really is fascinating. :/
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 07:54:03 PM by Izraul Hidashi »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 07:42:24 PM »

Offline Izraul Hidashi

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »
Not sure what are you babbling about.  It is CTers that claim Oswald's wallet was found at the Tippit scene.  I don't believe Oswald's wallet was found at the scene for the reasons that I noted.  It would be great evidence of Oswald's guilt.  No reason for the DPD to suppress it and every reason to confirm it was found if that is what had happened.   There is a perfectly plausible narrative for Oswald's wallet being left there.  He is stopped by a cop and asked for his ID.  Where is the ID kept?  In his wallet!  He pulls his ID out and gives it to the cop.  The cop is not satisfied and starts to get out of his car.  Oswald thinks his goose is cooked and drops the wallet while pulling his gun.  He flees the scene.  Didn't happen but there is a plausible narrative for it to be there.  What makes no sense whatsoever is the bizarre claim made by some CTers that the DPD found Oswald's wallet at the scene, but these same folks who they believe are otherwise involved in framing Oswald then for some inexplicable reason suppress the best possible evidence to link Oswald to this crime.

What are you babbling about?

Quote: "Dallas Police Captain Westbrook found Oswald's brown wallet next to where Tippit had fallen and showed it to FBI Agent Barrett."

So the Dallas Captain was lying? What about what FBI agent Barrett said?

Barrett stated that "according to a witness, the gunman handed something through the open passenger-side window to Tippit inside the car. Somebody told me that they saw him reach in and hand something to Tippit through the window. I don't know who said it, and can't verify it, but it would follow that's how the wallet got there. And, the wallet was there. There's no getting around that. Westbrook had the wallet in his hand and asked me If I know who these people were. I don't think Westbrook would have been asking me questions about something unrelated to the situation and he had the wallet with those names in it. Later, I remember seeing photographs of the contents of the wallet: in which those two names were in it"

So tell me again how silly that is... because it is indeed silly. Let's take it a step further, just to reiterate.

"Photographer Ron Reiland, of WFAA-TV, was the only newsman at the Tippit scene who shot a motion sequence. Reiland exposed approximately two minutes of silent footage that covered the search for Tippit's killer, and the arrest of Oswald. The initial footage shot at Tenth and Patton correlates to police returning to the Tippit shooting scene following the investigation of a suspect at the Jefferson Branch Library.

The opening sequence shows police gathered around Tippit's squad car questioning eyewitness Helen Markham. The officers depicted include Patrolman Joe M. Poe and Leonard E. Jez, Reserve Sergeant Kenneth Croy, and Sergeant Calvin 'Bud' Owens. Within seconds, crime scene search Officer W.E. 'Pete' Barnes and Detective Paul Bentley arrive at the scene. The arrival of Barnes and Bentley pins the time frame of these sequences to 1:42 pm--about eight minutes before Oswald's arrest at the Texas Theater....

"Sergeant 'Bud' Owens is seen holding Tippit's service revolver in his left hand and a man's leather wallet In his right.
Owens shows the wallet to Captain George Doughty, who is standing to his left. As Owens hold the wallet open, Doughty runs his finger along one of the celluloid photo slips which usually hold photographs or identification cards. As Doughty studies the item in the plastic sleeve, a third person approaches from Doughty's left.

Doughty pulls his hand back and a plain clothesman reaches into the frame. Owens holds the wallet out toward the third man. Here, the tantalizing footage ends. Barrett, who was unaware of the existence of the footage at the time of our initial interview, confirmed that he spoke to Westbrook about the wallet near the front of Tippit's patrol car--where news film shows the men examining the wallet.

Barrett said, 'It hadn't been very long when Westbrook looked up and saw me and called me over. He had this wallet in his hand. I presumed that they had found it on or near Tippit.' Westbrook asked me, 'Do you know who Lee Harvey Oswald is?' And, 'Do you know who Alek Hidell is?' And I said, 'No, I never heard of them.'"

But go on, tell us about your expertise again. How you know all the facts, because it really is fascinating. :/

So it's your beliefs v. facts. Which is more relevant? I really don't understand why people with limited knowledge of certain things always have to jump in and open their mouths in a matter of fact way. I'm sure you've held your beliefs for a lot longer than it would take for you to simply do some research.

You could have googled it to learn the truth in all of 10 minutes. How many years have you been holding on to that belief? I'm not sure what, or who, a "CTer" is, but they seem to know a lot more about this subject than you do. Maybe it's time to check your other beliefs as well, so we can all have a real conversation based on facts, not beliefs.

Just saying. It would be more beneficial than always trying to hate on people who know more than you. Clearly the finding of a wallet with Oswald's photo and name is based on fact. And now that you know the truth about it, I'd be happy to hear what your new opinion is. You don't think anyone was trying to frame Oswald, but clearly someone was.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 08:32:48 PM by Izraul Hidashi »