Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 73680 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #664 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
Advertisement
Is this article available online?

John I found the Supplement from the Dallas Morning News for November 20 1983...The cover title is "NOV. 22  Twenty Years Later"

On page 43 of magazine is a story  written by Bert L Roher  (Staff Writer for the DMN ) it says...Quoting Marina  ..." I went to the garage to see if the gun was still there, and was glad to see that it was. Of course I didn't look in the sack , and you know when the police came it wasn't in the sack"

So in 1983 Marina says that she suspected that Lee may have  been involved in the assassination PRIOR to the arrival of the police, so she went to the garage to see if the rifle was still there in the garage and ASSUMED that it was, but she never looked IN THE SACK.

At least that's the way it appears in the story..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #664 on: March 27, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2020, 12:55:58 AM »
-- Marina Oswald nearly fainted when the Police Officer held the blanket and it hung limp over his arm. No rifle in the blanket (afternoon of 22 November1963).

In 1983 the Dallas Morning News printed a commemorative supplement to a Sunday edition .....and they printed an interview with Marina Porter in hat supplement.

In responding to the reporters questions there were a couple of things that Marina wanted the reporter to know....First off ( regarding the visit from the police that afternoon) she was adamant that she had told Ruth Paine( in Russian)  that "YES!" Lee did have a rifle, but Ruth Paine ignored her and told the cop that "NO" Lee did not have a rifle.....  Marina was astonished and offered to take the cop to the garage and show him the rifle.  When they got to the garage Marina said hat the "sack was empty"   Those were her words...."the sack was empty"   I believe that Marina had seen the carcano in a paper sack.....   ( I have never learned if Kleins shipped their rifles in paper gum cases....But I'd bet they did, because it was a very common way to ship rifles ...Inside a paper gun case, and inside a cardboard box.)

At any rate....Marina did say ( according to the reporter) " the sack was empty"....  Question.....Was Marina referring to the blanket as a "sack".....  It doesn't seem logical to me.

So, you take her words as the gospel truth?

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2020, 01:13:59 AM »
So, you take her words as the gospel truth?
Read below....

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Oswald ever had this rifle.
That it was transported around [on his behalf] by Ruth Paine ...unbeknownst to her.
That it was wrapped in a blanket and so dutifully kept wrapped in this blanket that no one ever bothered to look.
That Michael Paine felt around and decided that it must have been a tent pole or a shovel or something. Right.
If Marina actually thought there was a rifle there...she would have put it away in a remote corner at least.
There were children in the house. A rifle just laying around on a garage floor was certainly not the Soviet way.
The rifle story is stupid and ridiculous. Only four shells were ever attributed to it. No one has ever intelligently responded to that anomaly.
So in 1983 Marina says that she suspected that Lee may have  been involved in the assassination PRIOR to the arrival of the police, so she went to the garage to see if the rifle was still there in the garage and ASSUMED that it was, but she never looked IN THE SACK.
Even after 20 years, my Russian wife's English is not all that perfect. Even today I heard her mention to a friend on the phone about 'net over window' ...meaning a screen of course. 
Stuck in the morass of the entire imbroglio surrounding the event...Marina found herself actually believing what didn't happen. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2020, 01:13:59 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #667 on: March 28, 2020, 03:07:15 PM »
Read below....

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Oswald ever had this rifle.
That it was transported around [on his behalf] by Ruth Paine ...unbeknownst to her.
That it was wrapped in a blanket and so dutifully kept wrapped in this blanket that no one ever bothered to look.
That Michael Paine felt around and decided that it must have been a tent pole or a shovel or something. Right.
If Marina actually thought there was a rifle there...she would have put it away in a remote corner at least.
There were children in the house. A rifle just laying around on a garage floor was certainly not the Soviet way.
The rifle story is stupid and ridiculous. Only four shells were ever attributed to it. No one has ever intelligently responded to that anomaly.Even after 20 years, my Russian wife's English is not all that perfect. Even today I heard her mention to a friend on the phone about 'net over window' ...meaning a screen of course. 
Stuck in the morass of the entire imbroglio surrounding the event...Marina found herself actually believing what didn't happen.

The rifle story is stupid and ridiculous. Only four shells were ever attributed to it. No one has ever intelligently responded to that anomaly.Even after 20 years, my Russian wife's English is not all that perfect. Even today I heard her mention to a friend on the phone about 'net over window' ...meaning a screen of course. 

I agree that Marina could have been referring to the blanket as a "Sack".....     But it just seems strange that the official tale has Lee transporting the carcano in a paper SACK .....and here's Marina twenty years later talking about the rifle being in a "SACK"..    Only Marina would know what she mean't ......   

I most certainly do NOT believe that the paper sack that was allegedly found in the imaginary "Sniper's Nest" was used to transport the Carcano....BUT "someone" knew that the script called for a paper gun case to be found along with the spent shells and the rifle.   

PS  Is your wife an American who turns into rushin Russian when there's a big sale on at Macys  ?

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2020, 12:34:03 PM »
Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle at Neely Street Dallas.

Did Marina know for a fact that Lee had ammuntion for the rifle and did see actually ever see him fire the rifle?

Marina Oswald testified that she took the backyard photos of Lee Oswald with a rifle (and pistol).

Marina only recalled taking ONE BY photo.....They tricked her into saying that she might have taken two photos..... But there are three BY photos,... so even if Marina did take both CE 133A and CE 133B....( and I believe she did take only CE 133A).   Who took 133c ???

Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle in New Orleans.

Yes,   But was it the same rifle that she'd seen in Dallas?   IMO it was not.....

Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle stored in a blanket in the Paine's garage.

Marina never actually saw a rifle in the blanket....She saw something that she thought might have been the carcano, but she couldn't verify that it was the carcano.

Marina Oswald spoke about "the fateful rifle" of Lee Oswald.

Yes, and she was speaking in Russian, .....It's reported that she said ...." So this is the fateful rifle of Lee Oswald ?"    I doubt that anybody but Marina could know what she meant.

It is a fact that nobody can prove that the TSBD carcano was owned by Lee Oswald......

Marina Oswald testified that she took the backyard photos of Lee Oswald with a rifle (and pistol).

Marina only recalled taking ONE BY photo.....They tricked her into saying that she might have taken two photos..... But there are three BY photos,... so even if Marina did take both CE 133A and CE 133B....( and I believe she did take only CE 133A).   Who took 133c ???

If Maria took one (of the backyard photos) she took them all. Any speculative alternative is absurd.

Yes,   But was it the same rifle that she'd seen in Dallas?   IMO it was not.....

What other rifle would it be than the rifle in the backyard photos that Maria took with Lee Oswald's Imperial Reflex Camera?
IMO means nothing.

Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle stored in a blanket in the Paine's garage.

Marina never actually saw a rifle in the blanket....She saw something that she thought might have been the carcano, but she couldn't verify that it was the carcano.

Considering Marina Oswald's existing knowledge of "a" rifle owned and possessed by Lee (at Neely Street), it's the same rifle he obtained by mail-order from Kleins Chicago. Marina Oswald was not a firearms expert. When all her statements about Oswald's rifle are considered together: Marina's concern that Lee Oswald might have used it to kill President Kennedy is believable.

Yes, and she was speaking in Russian, .....It's reported that she said ...." So this is the fateful rifle of Lee Oswald ?"    I doubt that anybody but Marina could know what she meant.

Russian smushin: She said it.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:14:37 PM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2020, 12:34:03 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #669 on: March 31, 2020, 01:49:07 PM »

If Maria took one (of the backyard photos) she took them all. Any speculative alternative is absurd.

Any speculative alternative is absurd.

But this speculative conclusion, based solely on what Marina said, isn't absurd?

What other rifle would it be than the rifle in the backyard photos that Maria took with Lee Oswald's Imperial Reflex Camera?
IMO means nothing.

IMO means nothing.

Indeed, it means nothing at all. Anything Marina said after Hoover promised her on 11/29/63 that she could stay in the country if she "cooperated" means absolutely nothing.

There isn't a shred of credible evidence that Oswald had a rifle in New Orleans. There also is no credible evidence to show conclusively that the rifle in the BY photo is in fact the MC rifle found at the TSBD or that it is the rifle that Oswald allegedly had in New Orleans and later allegedly stored in Ruth Paine's garage. All that is pure selfserving speculation.

Considering Marina Oswald's existing knowledge of "a" rifle owned and possessed by Lee (at Neely Street), it's the same rifle he obtained by mail-order from Kleins Chicago. Marina Oswald was not a firearms expert. When all her statements about Oswald's rifle are considered together: Marina's concern that Lee Oswald might have used it to kill President Kennedy is believable.

More speculation. All Marina really knew is that Oswald had a rifle at Neely Street. Never has she confirmed that he bought it at Klein's or that he actually owned it. Having a rifle and even being photographed with it, some six months prior to a murder, doesn't automatically make that particular rifle the murder weapon. Marina may not have been a firearms expert, but she does have eyes and can observe things. On Friday evening she was shown the MC rifle found at the TSBD and she failed to identify it as "Oswald's rifle", because it had a scope and, according to her, "Oswald's rifle" didn't. That's first day evidence which is so often ignored by those who later concocted the office narrative and those who believe it.

When all her statements about Oswald's rifle are considered together: Marina's concern that Lee Oswald might have used it to kill President Kennedy is believable.

You might consider it believable, but IMO anything coming from Marina, after she was grilled and manipulated by investigators for weeks, lacks all credibility and her concerns are irrelevant. And besides, she has since gone on record saying that she doesn't believe Oswald killed anybody.

Really? Were you there and do you speak Russian? Or did somebody just tell you that?

You jump to conclusions way too fast and often based on highly questionable "evidence"! Confirmation bias at work!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 01:52:43 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #670 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »
All Marina really knew is that Oswald had a rifle at Neely Street.
Martin...there was no Oswald rifle. There never was. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #670 on: March 31, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #671 on: March 31, 2020, 10:49:51 PM »
Martin...there was no Oswald rifle. There never was.

No Oswald rifle? Explain that odd theory in detail.

Marina Oswald said she took the backyard (Neely Street Dallas) photo of Lee Oswald holding a rifle.

Testimony:

-- Warren Commission 1964

-- House Select Committee on Assassinations 1978

Marina Oswald has never recanted her statements that she took the photo in which Lee Oswald is holding a rifle.

The photo negative was matched to Oswald's Imperial Reflex Camera to the exclusion of all other cameras. Oswald possessed a rifle in late March of 1963... the photograph proves it. There WAS an Oswald rifle.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:46:25 PM by Ross Lidell »