Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 75676 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #656 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:09 AM »
Advertisement

When compiling physical evidence: Often a conclusion is made based on a series of previous events and/or statements by relatives, friends, acquaintances, neighbors or co-workers. 
-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle at Neely Street Dallas.
-- Marina Oswald testified that she took the backyard photos of Lee Oswald with a rifle (and pistol). 
-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle in New Orleans.
-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle stored in a blanket in the Paine's garage.
-- Marina Oswald nearly fainted when the Police Officer held the blanket and it hung limp over his arm. No rifle in the blanket (afternoon of 22 November1963).
-- Marina Oswald spoke about "the fateful rifle" of Lee Oswald.
Not enough for ya [sic] Sherlock Weidmann? 
When compiling physical evidence: Often a conclusion is made based on a series of previous events and/or statements by relatives, friends, acquaintances, neighbors or co-workers.
All that was actually "compiled" [above] were the statements of the wife..a Russian national..couldn't speak English all that well...was not aware of the legal options notably that a wife cannot be compelled to testify against her spouse [dead or otherwise]
Without Marina's statements [made under obvious duress]..there was no case against Oswald...None what-so-ever.
Or did you not read Gary Craig's post earlier....  https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2425.msg80559.html#msg80559
Is that enough for you?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #656 on: March 27, 2020, 01:26:09 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #657 on: March 27, 2020, 05:31:56 AM »
The word “contrarian” gets thrown around as a pejorative a lot here, like disagreeing with hasty conclusions not well supported by evidence is somehow a bad thing.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #658 on: March 27, 2020, 09:32:05 AM »
Fabricated sob stories don’t suit you. You’re not even competent enough to be a lemming.

You're the one sobbing
I'm the one having fun

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #658 on: March 27, 2020, 09:32:05 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #659 on: March 27, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »
Only possible locations for Oswald's Carcano rifle.

-- The boarding house at 1026 North Beckley... not likely.

-- The Paine's garage at Irving... extremely likely.

-- In "the ether"" (A location so beloved by JFK Conspiracy contrarians).

'so beloved by JFK Conspiracy contrarians'

That would be Oswald
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 09:50:26 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #660 on: March 27, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »
Unless you are going to nominate a location for Oswald's Carcano rifle: You're a contrarian.

Because I don't agree with the crap you're trying to sell us? Works for me.... I'll gladly be contrarian, as to me it is only confirmation of the fact that I am asking you questions that you can not answer and confront you with factual information you don't want to deal with....  Thumb1:

That would be circumstantial evidence at best and not physical evidence! Get your facts straight, Clouseau!

-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle at Neely Street Dallas.
-- Marina Oswald testified that she took the backyard photos of Lee Oswald with a rifle (and pistol).

So what? That was in late March/early April and what she did not testify was that Oswald actually owned the rifle she photographed him with!

-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle in New Orleans.

Really, did she? And again, did she testify it was a Carcano rifle?

-- Marina Oswald testified that Lee Oswald had a rifle stored in a blanket in the Paine's garage.

Actually, no she didn't. She said she had looked in the blanket once, in late September 1963, and she saw what she described as the wooden stock of a rifle. The WC lawyers subsequently got her to say it was a rifle.

-- Marina Oswald nearly fainted when the Police Officer held the blanket and it hung limp over his arm. No rifle in the blanket (afternoon of 22 November1963).

Insignificant BS... Even if true, it proves nothing.

-- Marina Oswald spoke about "the fateful rifle" of Lee Oswald.

And that's what you call evidence?

Not enough for ya [sic] Sherlock Weidmann?

No, not nearly enough or convincing, but it might fool a simpleton ...

I assume you are expecting someone to verify where Oswald's Carcano rifle was regularly... perhaps ever day from late March 1963 to the evening of 21 November 1963? The date, location written down in a diary with a detailed description of the gun; serial number etc. This is unrealistic and would never be required in a criminal trial.

You can assume all you want. It doesn't mean you are right. You don't have to show me any of that. Just show me one piece of evidence that supports the conclusion that there (still) was a rifle in the blanket on 11/21/63, that it was the Carcano rifle later found at the TSBD and that it belonged to Oswald. Can you do that, genius?

Nobody can prove it.... ha, ha!

Indeed... nobody can prove there was a rifle in Ruth Paine's garage on 11/21/63 and that it belonged to Oswald and you haven't done so either....

To support your conjecture and speculations, you rely only on Marina's testimony, but a good cross examination by a defense lawyer would have destroyed her within minutes. Marina was in survival mode. She did not start to cooperate until after Oswald was dead and Hoover had promised her she could stay in the country. Her entire testimony is tainted and worthless.

Actually, my younger brother was murdered some years ago and I let the police do their job, which they did. 

The mere fact that you consider it to be nonsense doesn't mean it is. It only means that you are not willing to consider contrary points of view.

And yes, I would ask the same critical questions which the WC and you and your ilk simply can not answer.

Your annoying habit of believing that you are right unless somebody else can prove you wrong (which will never happen because of your unwillingness to accept anything that does not compute with your belief) doesn't make you right. It makes you a fool.

Now, do you have any real evidence that the MC Carcano found in the TSBD belonged to Oswald and that he still owned it on 11/21/63? Well....?

In 1983 the Dallas Morning News printed a commemorative supplement to a Sunday edition .....and they printed an interview with Marina Porter in hat supplement.

In responding to the reporters questions there were a couple of things that Marina wanted the reporter to know....First off ( regarding the visit from the police that afternoon) she was adamant that she had told Ruth Paine( in Russian)  that "YES!" Lee did have a rifle, but Ruth Paine ignored her and told the cop that "NO" Lee did not have a rifle.....  Marina was astonished and offered to take the cop to the garage and show him the rifle.  When they got to the garage Marina said hat the "sack was empty"   Those were her words...."the sack was empty"   I believe that Marina had seen the carcano in a paper sack.....   ( I have never learned if Kleins shipped their rifles in paper gum cases....But I'd bet they did, because it was a very common way to ship rifles ...Inside a paper gun case, and inside a cardboard box.)

At any rate....Marina did say ( according to the reporter) " the sack was empty"....  Question.....Was Marina referring to the blanket as a "sack".....  It doesn't seem logical to me.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #660 on: March 27, 2020, 04:06:31 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #661 on: March 27, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
Is this article available online?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #662 on: March 27, 2020, 06:02:01 PM »

In 1983 the Dallas Morning News printed a commemorative supplement to a Sunday edition .....and they printed an interview with Marina Porter in hat supplement.

In responding to the reporters questions there were a couple of things that Marina wanted the reporter to know....First off ( regarding the visit from the police that afternoon) she was adamant that she had told Ruth Paine( in Russian)  that "YES!" Lee did have a rifle, but Ruth Paine ignored her and told the cop that "NO" Lee did not have a rifle.....  Marina was astonished and offered to take the cop to the garage and show him the rifle.  When they got to the garage Marina said hat the "sack was empty"   Those were her words...."the sack was empty"   I believe that Marina had seen the carcano in a paper sack.....   ( I have never learned if Kleins shipped their rifles in paper gum cases....But I'd bet they did, because it was a very common way to ship rifles ...Inside a paper gun case, and inside a cardboard box.)

At any rate....Marina did say ( according to the reporter) " the sack was empty"....  Question.....Was Marina referring to the blanket as a "sack".....  It doesn't seem logical to me.

'It doesn't seem logical to me'

Channel your LNer mode and it will
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 06:04:04 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #662 on: March 27, 2020, 06:02:01 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #663 on: March 27, 2020, 07:12:48 PM »
Is this article available online?

I've never looked John......I believe that I still have that supplement from the DMN  Nov. 1983...