Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 78860 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #472 on: March 18, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
Advertisement
Who said I was talking about Day going through the first floor on his way in?

So he noticed it on his way out? Perhaps you could expand on your thoughts?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #472 on: March 18, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #473 on: March 18, 2020, 06:03:32 PM »
So he had noticed the wrapping table prior to the bags discovery. Realised the similarity of materials and decided to take the bag down just to make sure?

You have the rifle, bag, Day and Studebaker all on the first floor before Day leaves the building with the rifle. When did Day first notice the wrapping table? He then gets Studebaker to collect the samples of paper and tape. The bag goes back upstairs. Day claimed he left it for Hicks and Studebaker to bring with them later. We know that is wrong. Montgomery brought it in at 3 pm. Signed in at 3.20pm.

So he had noticed the wrapping table prior to the bags discovery. Realised the similarity of materials and decided to take the bag down just to make sure?/b]/i]

I hope that you're being facetious or sarcastic ...... Because it's patently obvious that Day would have had to have been clairvoyant to know that there would be a paper bag that he would want to compare with the wrapping paper and tape on the shipping table.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:18:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »
Day said he got some others to take the paper bag in. I imagine he would end up going through the first floor whether he used the stairs or the freight elevator.

Yes.....And we have many photos of Montgomery carrying a huge paper bag from the TSBD at about 2:20 pm.   But Detective Day had departed the scene at least ten minutes before Montgomery.   Neither Day nor Montgomery have ever said anything about stopping at the shipping table and comparing the paper and tape.  As a matter of fact, I believe the bag was still in the imaginary "Sniper's Nest" being guarded by Montgomery and Johnson when Day left the building with the Carcano.

Now you have Day leaving at 2:50, if Montgomery's watch is correct and you're correct about Day leaving ten minutes before Montgomery. Day was offered a ride to City Hall by FBI agent Bardwell Odum and was at the Identification Bureau on the fourth floor just long enough to lock the Carcano in an evidence box, when he left to return to the Depository.

Day: "On the first floor of the Texas School Book Depository, and I noticed from
          their wrapping bench there was paper and tape of a similar--the tape was
          of the same width as this. I took the bag over and tried it, and I noticed that
          the tape was the same width as on the bag."

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #475 on: March 18, 2020, 06:05:44 PM »
So he noticed it on his way out? Perhaps you could expand on your thoughts?

Do you know some other way that Day made his way from the Sixth Floor to the front steps of the Depository?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #476 on: March 18, 2020, 06:11:31 PM »
Now you have Day leaving at 2:50, if Montgomery's watch is correct and you're correct about Day leaving ten minutes before Montgomery. Day was offered a ride to City Hall by FBI agent Bardwell Odum and was at the Identification Bureau on the fourth floor just long enough to lock the Carcano in an evidence box, when he left to return to the Depository.

Day: "On the first floor of the Texas School Book Depository, and I noticed from
          their wrapping bench there was paper and tape of a similar--the tape was
          of the same width as this. I took the bag over and tried it, and I noticed that
          the tape was the same width as on the bag."

Clearly we are in disagreement about what time Montgomery and Johnson departed the TSBD..... I believe Montgomery's wrist watch reads 2:19  . While you apparently believe his watch indicates 3:00 O'Clock.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #476 on: March 18, 2020, 06:11:31 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #477 on: March 18, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »
Do you know some other way that Day made his way from the Sixth Floor to the front steps of the Depository?

Day has commented on both his entries to the TSBD that day. Neither went via the shipping table. I can only assume that his stop there occurred on his way out with the rifle. Given his WC testimony I suggest that the visit to the table occurred then. He stated he also took the bag over to compare materials. So you have him on his way to City Hall with the bag and rifle. Notices the wrapping table. Compares materials and get Studebaker to collect samples. If this is what occurred, why was Studebaker there when Day was leaving? Why have Studebaker take the bag back upstairs and have him place it for Montgomery to find according to Johnson. Montgomery’s discovery occurred  after the Crime Lab (Studebaker) had finished processing the bottle and lunchsack, according to Johnson.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #478 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24:47 PM »
Day has commented on both his entries to the TSBD that day. Neither went via the shipping table. I can only assume that his stop there occurred on his way out with the rifle. Given his WC testimony I suggest that the visit to the table occurred then. He stated he also took the bag over to compare materials. So you have him on his way to City Hall with the bag and rifle. Notices the wrapping table. Compares materials and get Studebaker to collect samples. If this is what occurred, why was Studebaker there when Day was leaving? Why have Studebaker take the bag back upstairs and have him place it for Montgomery to find according to Johnson. Montgomery’s discovery occurred  after the Crime Lab (Studebaker) had finished processing the bottle and lunchsack, according to Johnson.

I can only assume that his stop there occurred on his way out with the rifle.

The photos of Day carrying the rifle seem to indicate that Day left the building by way of the loading dock on the west side of the building.  In the photos,  He can be seen walking east in front of the TSBD toward the steps at the front door of the building.with the rifle  That means he didn't pass by the shipping table when he left with the rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #478 on: March 18, 2020, 06:24:47 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #479 on: March 18, 2020, 06:28:58 PM »
Clearly we are in disagreement about what time Montgomery and Johnson departed the TSBD..... I believe Montgomery's wrist watch reads 2:19  . While you apparently believe his watch indicates 3:00 O'Clock.

If you post the picture that you believe reads 2.19 would be happy to review it. The evidence was entered by Montgomery and Johnson in a document stating 3.20pm. You think it likely took them an hour to write up?

One of our shadow experts should be able to clear it up surely from the Allen photos.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:48:06 PM by Colin Crow »