Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 78856 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #464 on: March 18, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
Advertisement
What's wrong with about 1:50 to 2:10?

We know that the rifle was discovered well hidden beneath a pallet that had boxes of books stacked on the pallet at about 1:22 pm.....  But the rifle was not removed from that hiding place until about 1:45 ( the scene was photographed and measured prior to touching the rifle)   Then Detective Day, and Captain Fritz, verified that the rifle was safe to handle before Day started dusting it for finger prints.  After checking the rifle for prints and lifting some prints from the rifle Day took the rifle and departed the TSBD .....HE DID NOT HAVE A PAPER BAG WITH HIM AT THAT TIME.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #464 on: March 18, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #465 on: March 18, 2020, 04:52:25 PM »
So he had noticed the wrapping table prior to the bags discovery.

The bag was discovered near the time the rifle was. Sorry, I don't have Hollywood movie film with superimposed time of the discovery.

Realised the similarity of materials and decided to take the bag down just to make sure?

That's one weirdo spin. You can make it work, if you wanted to.

You have the rifle, bag, Day and Studebaker all on the first floor before Day leaves the building with the rifle. When did Day first notice the wrapping table?

Have you checked to see if Day said something regarding that?

Also, your idea that the paper bag was made to protect prints on a window sill strip is cart before the horse.  :D ;D

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »
We know that the rifle was discovered well hidden beneath a pallet that had boxes of books stacked on the pallet at about 1:22 pm.....  But the rifle was not removed from that hiding place until about 1:45 ( the scene was photographed and measured prior to touching the rifle)   Then Detective Day, and Captain Fritz, verified that the rifle was safe to handle before Day started dusting it for finger prints.  After checking the rifle for prints and lifting some prints from the rifle Day took the rifle and departed the TSBD .....HE DID NOT HAVE A PAPER BAG WITH HIM AT THAT TIME.

What makes you think they measured before picking up the rifle. The location of the rifle wasn't about to shift, and they could measure it some time later that afternoon.

Day said he got some others to take the paper bag in. I imagine he would end up going through the first floor whether he used the stairs or the freight elevator.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #466 on: March 18, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #467 on: March 18, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »
The bag was discovered near the time the rifle was. Sorry, I don't have Hollywood movie film with superimposed time of the discovery.

That's one weirdo spin. You can make it work, if you wanted to.

Have you checked to see if Day said something regarding that?

Also, your idea that the paper bag was made to protect prints on a window sill strip is cart before the horse.  :D ;D

Day said this.....

Mr. DAY. On the first floor of the Texas School Book Depository, and I noticed from their wrapping bench there was paper and tape of a similar--the tape was of the same width as this. I took the bag over and tried it, and I noticed that the tape was the same width as on the bag.
Mr. BELIN. Did it appear to have the same color?
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. All right. Then what did you do?
Mr. DAY. Sir?
Mr. BELIN. Then what did you do?
Mr. DAY. I directed one of the officers standing by me, I don't know which, to get a piece of the tape and a piece of the paper from the wrapping bench.

Day had possession of the rifle prior ro leaving the TSBD. Clearly he said he took the bag to the bench to compare the materials.

As for the discovery of the bag. Who discovered it on the sixth floor? Montgomery? If so that occurred after Day had left the building. Pardon me but this is the LN narrative you are promoting? Don’t blame me for inadequate timelines. After all these clowns had 4 months to get a coherent story before the testimonies were taken.

The bag was not made to transport the strip. I never claimed that. It was used to transport it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 05:13:09 PM by Colin Crow »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #468 on: March 18, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
What makes you think they measured before picking up the rifle. The location of the rifle wasn't about to shift, and they could measure it some time later that afternoon.

Day said he got some others to take the paper bag in. I imagine he would end up going through the first floor whether he used the stairs or the freight elevator.

Imagination can be deceiving sometimes Jerry. He didn't go up initially via the shipping table.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #468 on: March 18, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #469 on: March 18, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »

Yes.....And we have many photos of Montgomery carrying a huge paper bag from the TSBD at about 2:20 pm.   But Detective Day had departed the scene at least ten minutes before Montgomery.   Neither Day nor Montgomery have ever said anything about stopping at the shipping table and comparing the paper and tape.  As a matter of fact, I believe the bag was still in the imaginary "Sniper's Nest" being guarded by Montgomery and Johnson when Day left the building with the Carcano.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #470 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Yes.....And we have many photos of Montgomery carrying a huge paper bag from the TSBD at about 2:20 pm.   But Detective Day had departed the scene at least ten minutes before Montgomery.   Neither Day nor Montgomery have ever said anything about stopping at the shipping table and comparing the paper and tape.  As a matter of fact, I believe the bag was still in the imaginary "Sniper's Nest" being guarded by Montgomery and Johnson when Day left the building with the Carcano.

But Day said exactly that Walt in the testimony above. And Montgomery left at 3pm not 2.20. The pictures of pain time reference is incorrect. Montgomery’s watch clearly shows 3pm.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #470 on: March 18, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #471 on: March 18, 2020, 05:46:00 PM »
Imagination can be deceiving sometimes Jerry. He didn't go up initially via the shipping table.

Who said I was talking about Day going through the first floor on his way in?