Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.  (Read 73657 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:30 PM »
Advertisement
Bumping again. Hoping to generate some meaningful discussion.

Question one relevance is because if this is the bag it has to be before 3pm on Nov22.

Question two has never been answered to my knowledge. To those who believe the bag was sealed at both ends please provide photographic   evidence that it was.

Living in hope.

1. When was the SN photo taken and by whom?

Could you post the photo ?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:30 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2020, 10:33:05 PM »
1. When was the SN photo taken and by whom?

Could you post the photo ?

It's in the opening post, Walt

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 11:36:51 PM »
Colin, what do you hope to accomplish ??     Will the bag actually indisputably prove anything ??

I hope to get an answer to the questions rather than a rambling thread regurgitating material seen countless times before.

Especially from those that promote that the bag was used by Oswald to transport the disassembled rifle. I have yet to see any evidence that both ends were sealed at one time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2020, 11:36:51 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2020, 11:42:12 PM »
Not that the bag can prove anything, but here is how LHO must have carried the rifle parts in it. I made the bag transparent to show the longest disassembled part of the rifle. Everything is to correct scale.

Supposedly, LHO carried the bag like a sack lunch (2nd panel). But that would cause the butt end of the stock to be 6 inches below ground level (red line). WTF?

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 03:13:59 AM »

These pictures seem to indicate one end was taped and the other end (the carrying end) gathered together the paper. The bag would have been originally carried with the taped end down.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 03:13:59 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2020, 04:29:09 AM »

These pictures seem to indicate one end was taped and the other end (the carrying end) gathered together the paper. The bag would have been originally carried with the taped end down.

Thanks for your reply Jerry. So you don’t think the end was sealed while on the back seat of Frazier's car? Oswald simply relied on some fold over to stop bits escaping?

Offline Patrick Jackson

« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »
Who said there isn't any new evidence to be found?
Here's Oswald's sack in the Sniper's nest.

Btw I can't find the poster who originally found this groundbreaking evidence but if it was you, tell me and I will credit you! Thumb1:

EDIT
JohnM

Yes, I think it was me to spot it first. Thank you.
While researching on CE 142 through the photos and possible scenarios, my conclusion is that CE 142 has nothing to do with Oswald nor rifle.
The way I see folding lines on the paper suggests that it was folded for a reasonable time before unfolded and photographed at the SN and in front of the TSBD. A couple of years ago, I bought the brown paper and tried for myself. If Oswald was carrying the rifle inside CE 142 it would be crushed much more than it is. The whole surface should be crushed the same way as we see in the bottom portion of pictures in front of TSBD. Just try to imagine how would you pack the rifle and carry it inside the paper bag. Has anybody tried it ever?
The second issue are folding lines. Once Oswald took the rifle out of the bag, he did what? Folded it four-five times neatly? CE 142 has at least eight, more likely ten folding lines which suggest it was folded four times and stored. Somebody would say that these folding lines originate from the time Oswald created the sack but it is impossible. There is no chance he created the sack in TSBD, folded it, put in his pocket, took to the Ruth Peine garage, packed the rifle, handled it, took to the car, took again, carried to the TSBD, took the rifle out... And after all that, there is no way sack to have folds as we see on the photos.
What I think that happened was that while investigating and interrogating Oswald and witnesses, particularly BWF, DPD came to the question of rifle sack. BWF told that he saw Oswald was carrying a paper sack and he told about curtain rods so the officers were sent back to the TSBD to find any similar object to paper sack. There they found a folded paper bag and assumed that was the sack BWF was talking about.
CE 142 could be found anywhere inside TSBD and there is no photographic evidence to place it between the box and two pipes next to the window as it was stated by DPD officers.
Once again, due to the shape of the paper sack and the folding lines, I think it has nothing to do with Oswald and the rifle on 22/11/1963.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:10:24 AM by Patrick Jackson »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2020, 12:14:44 PM »
The tape used to construct the bag was from the TSBD dispenser. The bag was made in the TSBD, the question is when and who by? The Oswald did it narrative would have us believe he made it, guessed the rifle length incorrectly, and therefore had to disassemble the rifle and reassemble. Presumably one end was sealed with tape but I have yet to see anything suggesting the other end was sealed. Obviously he would have sealed the other end with something. Parts might fall out during transport and when stored in the TSBD would be easy for someone to look inside and unsealed bag.

The bag looks more like a wrapper that was made to cover the intact rifle.